PA PA - Jesse Farber, 29, Tamaqua, 11 Aug 2015

Coyote is also the slang name for the individuals who smuggle illegals across the boarder from Mexico.

Are there feral dog packs in the Tamaqua area?

Coyote is also the slang name for the individuals who smuggle illegals across the boarder from Mexico.

Are there feral dog packs in the Tamaqua area?
I'm not sure I live close by Tamaqua. I do frequent the woods here for hiking, fishing, and camping. I have never see any coyote or dogs out in the woods. I have seen deer, bear, and even a fox once. Many kids even play in the woods here.

Based on your first hand experience with the area, I would discount the animal variety of Coyote as being a factor. Possibly a gang by the same name or a fabrication for reasons yet unknown. I am curious if anyone has more in depth information on the alleged "Coyote" gang, how active they are and what business activity they have, such as drugs, prostitution, gambling, etc.

I hope another search party is organized. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Never heard of a Coyote gang, but I'm a little north of Tamaqua, so I'm not a great source.

Edit: Googling tamaqua coyote gang only produces articles from Standard Speaker and The Morning Call with that theory. The theory circles back to Jesse's mother as the source.

Reposting this article though I'm sure it's been shared before:

Three years later, Tamaqua police hope for break in missing-person case

If Farber panicked and ran moments later, he added, he probably plunged down a deep hole in the dark.

“The holes are all around the path,” Woods said. “There’s no way you could run through there without falling into one of those holes, falling maybe 15 to 20 feet. In other spots, you could fall a considerable distance, hit a ledge and fall even farther. We recently found one hole that’s at least 140 feet deep.”

Last edited:
Posting this in case it ends up behind a paywall sometime:

upload_2020-10-16_13-54-8.png

Tamaqua has quite the drug problem. Reading through an article on here, I picked up on a few names as those who were last with JF. I won't use names, but using the article within this thread says they're not model citizens.

CL - 2018 - pleaded to two counts of possession of a controlled substance.
2019 - Authorities found her unconscious in a Schuylkill Haven bathroom in August with a 5-month-old child crying in a car seat. She was found lying on the floor with a syringe in her hand and a leather strap near her left arm.
2021 - Facing charges of resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia following an incident at 1:46 p.m. June 1.

DO: 2009 delivery of marijuana.
2016 2 felony counts - 2 possession with intent to deliver. 3 misdemeanor - 2 possession of controlled substance and paraphernalia: heroin and methamphetamine.
April 17th 2020: Drug charges

KH: 2018: Linked to selling drugs to a girl relapsing from heroin addiction. She died three weeks later (not from drugs purchased from KH). Father of deceased claims KH stopped in front of his house, pointed and laughed. He called him a drug dealer, and KH tried to run him over.

The Last Known Place was the Burger King? How much time transpired between the sighting and the phone call?

Knowing this information will help in establishing how far he could have traveled on foot or by vehicle and establishes a search area.

The phone call about coyotes is very suspect as they generally only attack children and pets due to their size. I can count on one hand the times the number of wolf or coyote attacks on humans I have seen in 50+ years of SAR. This has two scenarios, he was forced to make the call by "others" to create a plausible cover for homicide or he made it on his own accord to cover his own exit from life or at least the life he was living to go elsewhere.
His last known place was Dustin Oncays residence, which Dustin, his girlfriend, and her mother have said. This was on August 11th. The Burger King sighting was 2 days prior to the phone call for help. Dustin and his girlfriend said he left his house about noon that day to head to work. Another sighting was of Jesse’s long time friend, on the S curves coming out of New England Valley where his grandmother lived. His friend said he was walking back into town toward Tamaqua. This was only about an hour and a half before the call for help.
In the call for help, Jesse did say coyotes were after him. I agree that it doesn’t make much sense but it is what he said. I am unsure if he was implying that coyotes meant anything other than animals. But he didn’t say anything that would point to that. Although I agree also that coyotes attacking him doesn’t add up. I believe if any kind of animal attacked him that there would be evidence of that. Jesse also made a phone call to his brother 2 hours before the call for help. But this phone call wasn’t mentioned until the police brought it up. It isn’t known what was said in that call although it was roughly 4 minutes long. I don’t know why this was kept from the police or what was said. It might give police a better idea of Jesse’s whereabouts and what was happening at that time of the call to his brother to better understand what led up to the call for help.

I really don't see an animal attack, or more specifically Coyotes. Very remote chance it could have been a wild dog pack. An animal attack would have resulted in animal tracks, blood and torn clothing evidence.

I really don't see an animal attack, or more specifically Coyotes. Very remote chance it could have been a wild dog pack. An animal attack would have resulted in animal tracks, blood and torn clothing evidence.
Exactly. Which nothing of the sort was found.

What is missing from this law is:
  • Require Police Departments in PA to have a missing persons web page and update that web page if the missing person is located.
  • Require Police Departments in PA to thoroughly investigate every missing person case without bias towards legal history or substance abuse.
  • Require every Police Department in PA to have a designated missing persons squad (large departments) or designated missing persons case officer (small departments).
  • Treat SAR Teams like Volunteer Fire Departments and provide funding for equipment and training.
  • Require Police Departments to utilize professional resources like SAR and K9 SAR Teams in missing person cases.
  • Require Police Departments to treat a missing person "last place seen" the same as a crime scene to preserve evidence for SAR teams.
Might as well wish for a winning mega millions ticket while I'm at it.....

What is missing from this law is:
  • Require Police Departments in PA to have a missing persons web page and update that web page if the missing person is located.
  • Require Police Departments in PA to thoroughly investigate every missing person case without bias towards legal history or substance abuse.
  • Require every Police Department in PA to have a designated missing persons squad (large departments) or designated missing persons case officer (small departments).
  • Treat SAR Teams like Volunteer Fire Departments and provide funding for equipment and training.
  • Require Police Departments to utilize professional resources like SAR and K9 SAR Teams in missing person cases.
  • Require Police Departments to treat a missing person "last place seen" the same as a crime scene to preserve evidence for SAR teams.
Might as well wish for a winning mega millions ticket while I'm at it.....
I 100% agree with you!

I believe this is his sister.

It's hard to say how much this changes things. I'd love to believe them, but a lot of what I read with their family, it really sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that there was no drug involvement. But again, I have no hard facts and I'm certain she knows more than me about Jesse.

The police didn't let them see the backpack? How would they possibly claim it was his if the family wasn't allowed to see it? That's absolutely absurd if true.

Aug 12, 2022

March 3, 2022

Several photos of Jesse's tattoos here:

• farber_jesse.jpg
  • farber_jesse2.jpg
  • farber_jesse3.jpg
  • farber_jesse4.jpg
  • farber_jesse_tattoo.jpg
Farber, circa 2015
  • Missing Since 08/11/2015
  • Missing From Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'7, 130 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt, a black t-shirt, light brown bib overalls and either work boots or sneakers. Carrying a camouflage-print backpack.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Farber has a dog bite scar on each cheek and a small scar on his forehead. He has numerous tattoos, including but not limited to: a fox on his left upper arm at the shoulder, a black star wreath above the Roman numerals II, III and IV on the inside of his left forearm, a small ankh symbol on his left forearm, a skull with a snake coming out of it on his right upper arm at the shoulder, a colorful dragon's skull and words in black Gothic script on his upper back, a bear claw print on the right side of his chest, and a stick figure drawing in a keyhole shape on the left side of his ribcage showing a scene of a man hanging from a tree. Photos of some of his tattoos are posted with this case summary. Farber may use the name Jesse Rex. He has a chipped front tooth. He smoked cigarettes at the time of his disappearance. Farber may have some Latino ancestry.

Details of Disappearance​

Farber was last seen in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania on August 11, 2015. Earlier that day, he made plans to meet a drug dealer at a fast food restaurant at noon so he could buy drugs, but one or the other of them arrived to the meeting late and the drug deal never happened.

A man reported seeing him at 7:20 p.m., walking out of town, heading south on Hunter Street towards a trail that leads west into the coal fields. At 9:09 p.m. he called his girlfriend, frantic, and said ten or eleven "coyotes" had chased him up a tree. He said he was on Sharp Mountain west of Tamaqua High School, the battery on his phone was dying, and to come help and "bring guns."

The call was disconnected before he could say anything more, and when Farber's girlfriend tried to call him back, he didn't answer. She and her brother went to Sharp Mountain and searched for him without result. She then notified the police, who did their own search, which also yielded nothing. Farber has never been heard from again.

In December 2016, almost a year and a half after Farber's disappearance, a hunter found his sweatpants in a tree on a remote, steep mountainside near the top of Sharp Mountain. Farber's backpack was higher up in the same tree.

The tree is described as a small, skinny one; there were plenty of trees nearby that were taller and would have made more suitable hiding places. It was also miles away from where Farber had told his girlfriend he was. It was next to a coal ridge of cliffs, shafts and hidden tunnels. If Farber had panicked and tried to run in the dark, he could have fallen down a mine shaft. The shafts in the area were up to 140 feet deep.

Although the find of the sweatpants and backpack indicates Farber did indeed climb up a tree to hide, investigators are not sure what he was hiding from. It was probably not from actual coyotes; it is not normal coyote behavior to hunt in packs or chase people up trees. One theory is Farber was having a drug-induced hallucination; another is that by coyotes, he meant members of a drug gang called the Coyotes.

Farber's mother believes in the gang theory and thinks the gang members planted his belongings in the tree after his disappearance to mislead the investigation. The police, however, have said they are unaware of the existence of any gang called the Coyotes in the area, and that their inquiries in the drug world have not produced any leads in Farber's disappearance.

His case remains unsolved and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

Investigating Agency​

• Tamaqua Police Department 570-668-5000

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 5, 2022; casefile added.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back