Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with your post. BM acts like a guilty man. AM acts like a man who cares about his sister. Actions speak louder than words.
And here’s the thing, Barry now says that he believes Suzanne was kidnapped, and he’s holding out hope she is alive.

At least with the insane mountain lion scenario, he could explain the lack of public appeals, and overt efforts to find his missing wife.

Now he has absolutely no excuse for not speaking out and drawing attention to Suzanne’s disappearance.

He’s either the most heartless husband ever, or worse.

The first thought that comes to mind:

"Which one of them are not like the others"

I would like to point out: there's a significant, underlying difference between display of true joy and a polite smile.

Husband of Suzanne Morphew' says cops are blaming him for disappearance because they botched probe | Daily Mail Online

32365198-8662333-image-m-4_1598367052946.jpg

32365228-8662333-image-a-5_1598367162254.jpg

At the risk of being unpopular, I have to say, I love that B and W photograph. It's a very successful photograph because it is so ambiguous. It draws in the viewer to make up their mind as to the circumstances. If these people were complete strangers, I think the interpretation of the dynamic would be varied and probably at odds with the 20/20 vision that comes with hindsight.

At the risk of being unpopular, I have to say, I love that B and W photograph. It's a very successful photograph because it is so ambiguous. It draws in the viewer to make up their mind as to the circumstances. If these people were complete strangers, I think the interpretation of the dynamic would be varied and probably at odds with the 20/20 vision that comes with hindsight.

IMO, when I first saw that b/w pic, I also loved it.

Both photos are heartbreaking... because they tell a story that's now forever broken.

The photo with her girls, I agree with @ChuckMaureen, it's just joyful. Playful, delightful, light and unbridled.

The black and white, in any other context, might have had any number of lovely captions. Suzanne looks tousled and maybe a glint embarrassed. BM looks like the captain of situation. One wonders what a knock at the door may have interrupted.

If only this story could've had ANY other ending....

JMsadO

Last edited:
And here’s the thing, Barry now says that he believes Suzanne was kidnapped, and he’s holding out hope she is alive.

At least with the insane mountain lion scenario, he could explain the lack of public appeals, and overt efforts to find his missing wife.

Now he has absolutely no excuse for not speaking out and drawing attention to Suzanne’s disappearance.

I would not get my hopes up to high. Even in this interview, BM was still classic BM. If he believes SM is alive and being held captive and presumably tortured somewhere, why hasnt he made it a priority to work with LE to clear himself... I mean they aren't looking in any other direction and they wont until his cleared so why is he intentionally holding up the investigation? .... And a follow up, why didnt he take this opportunity to express his concerns that LE isnt looking at the right person? I mean if someone out there broke into my home and kidnapped my spouse, I would want that person behind bars..... but classic BM... not concerned about how the investigation is going ... at all

Indeed since BM said he thinks Suzanne is not in close proximity anymore and he thinks she is abducted and held alive somewhere, the only thing he attempted to do was to show SM loved him by showing those infamous notes to the world.

That’s it. No plea to please let my wife go, is not to late, do the right thing etc...

IMO

Indeed since BM said he thinks Suzanne is not in close proximity anymore and he thinks she is abducted and held alive somewhere, the only thing he attempted to do was to show SM loved him by showing those infamous notes to the world.

That’s it. No plea to please let my wife go, is not to late, do the right thing etc...

IMO
There was this show on ID last night. This man’s wife was found murdered, and he conducted interviews with a reporter. He presented this rosy picture of their marriage, even going as far as to compare it to “The Brady Bunch.” He also displayed anniversary cards.

Of course he did it...

IMO, when I first saw that b/w pic, I also loved it.

It is a great photo, as TS noted. Composition, tones, all there. It would absolutely be the photo that I would choose to accompany an arrest headline. It could be viewed as playful, but given the fact that the guy in the foreground very likely murdered the woman in the background, it’s pretty foreboding.

There was this show on ID last night. This man’s wife was found murdered, and he conducted interviews with a reporter. He presented this rosy picture of their marriage, even going as far as to compare it to “The Brady Bunch.” He also displayed anniversary cards.

Of course he did it...

LISTEN...here's "the story", of a lovely lady, who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls....

IMO

Agree.

Well I never do this, but showed that pic to my wife because it's so striking. Her take?

"Couple. Interrupted."

And I don't think her opinion would change should it turn out that the man in the picture was the murderer of his wife.

That's the power of a great photograph -- and a testament to the flexibility of the human mind, IMO.

Of course he did it...
Exactly! Showing the card and notes does absolutely nothing to help find an abducted (in his words) Suzanne. All it does is show his consciousness of guilt.

Exactly! Showing the card and notes does absolutely nothing to help find an abducted (in his words) Suzanne. All it does is show his consciousness of guilt.
Agree. What the heck:

"Where is your wife?"
"My wife loved me."

Does he mean to say that obviously he was a good husband because she loved him?

IMO
Shades of Barbara Thomas’s husband.

Agree. What the heck:

"Where is your wife?"
"My wife loved me."

Does he mean to say that obviously he was a good husband because she loved him?

Thanks, all, for pointing that out. I honestly missed the nuance of it. He truly could have been the love of Suzanne’s life. She could have been giddily happy and fulfilled, and thought that she had the perfect life. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Suzanne is gone. Where is Suzanne? Her love for you proves nothing, Barry.

BM showed letters and a card from Suzanne, proof of their love, yet he couldn't/wouldn't answer when asked what he last said to her.
Agreed.
And we still do not know for certain when she was last seen !
Not even the day.
Fri. ? Sat. ?

We know that BM lied about the time since he said he left the house at 5am and 'she was sleeping'; but he was actually (according to phone records) on the road texting/calling the employee, MG.
Imo.

I have to wonder if BM has attempted to have Suzanne declared deceased yet ?
And if --and when-- he does ; will this be public knowledge, or will BM attempt to do this secretly ?
Not only concealing this request from the public, but from the Moorman family as well ?
As in, they won't find out until notified by someone , as what happened when BM seized the assets in Suzanne's name only-- via the 'guardianship' signed over by the oldest daughter ?
Imo.

But wait, didn’t BM say he thinks Suzanne is still alive?

Why would he try to have her declared deceased? Unless, of course, he was attempting to activate her will, collect from an insurance policy, or obtain monetary assets? :rolleyes:

It’s too soon for that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member