ND ND - Anne Fitzsimonds, 47, Nelson County, 27 Sept 2020 *reward*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Family: Love triangle, drugs may be connected to disappearance of missing woman in Nelson County | Grand Forks Herald

Anne Fitzsimonds walked away from a small gathering around 1:30 a.m. that Sunday morning on Sept. 27 wearing only a leather jacket, jeans and cowboy boots. She wasn't dressed for the windy weather and 29-degree temperatures. She had also been drinking and possibly using drugs.

Police believe she may have tried to walk the 26 miles to her home in Inkster.

Numerous ground and air searches by police, family, friends and community members have turned up no clues. All together 20 square miles have been covered.

There have been two potential sightings, one on the afternoon she disappeared at a gas station in the town of Michigan on Highway 2. Another was two days later south of Cando.

Adding to the mystery was the discovery that Fitzsimonds has several cellphones, including a burner phone. She recently cheated on her husband of nearly 30 years; the new boyfriend ended up with the truck she was driving the night of her disappearance.

Police are not calling Fitzsimonds' disappearance suspicious at this point, but say the new boyfriend driving the truck around is odd. They also haven't been able to look at it, because Fitzsimonds recently added a friend's name to the title.

Her brother is offering a $5,000 dollar reward for the tip that leads him to his sister.

Family%3A%20Love%20triangle%2C%20drugs%20may%20be%20connected%20to%20disappearance%20of%20missing%20woman%20in%20Nelson%20County

Oh, wat a mess. I feel for her brother.
If she was drunk and or on drugs, I can see this go many ways. I wonder who reported her missing and when exactly.
I also wonder with whom she was living at the moment of her disappearance. I understand she cheated on her husband, but they didn’t said if they separated or not.

Hopefully the pings of one of her several phones will help pinpoint the route she has taken if she indeed took off on her own from the gathering.
If she had several phones maybe she called somebody to pick her up.
But LE searching the farm she was last seen at could mean her phones did not ping anywhere else.

Okay. So, she picked up two traffic citations on 9/14/2020 for a seatbelt violation and no insurance. On 9/30/2020 another citation appears for no insurance, 2nd offense within 3 yrs. She does have another no insurance citation from 2019 so I believe this citation was added by the state and was not an encounter with law enforcement. A warrant was issued on 10/4/2020 for this, though almost certainly so that any law enforcement encounter would be a stop and hold.

There is no divorce filing by either her or her husband (age 64).

Here is a link to another story with a different photo of Anne (likely a mugshot). One piece of information in the story gives an approximate location of where she had been.
Missing woman out of Nelson County, ND

Anne Fitzsimonds was last seen October 4th at a friend’s residence four miles north of Petersburg, North Dakota.
That is probably on 120th NE or 122nd NE (both run north/south) or 45th NE (runs east/west)- there are not many residences along those roads and you can count on one hand the number of residences about 4 miles north of Petersburg.

Anne’s FB#1, no public posts since 2018:
Anne Fitzsimonds

Anne’s FB#2, last public post in April 2020:
Anne Niece

Anne’s FB#3, last public post August 2020, two posts total:
Red Fitz

Anne’s FB#4, last public post Feb 2020, one post total:
Anne Fitzsimonds

IMO. She says on the first FB she was married in 2006, which obviously doesn’t match with the media descriptions of her husband “of nearly 30 years.” It would match the age of her older child. Maybe she and her long-time boyfriend decided to make things official when she was expecting / had the baby?

Last edited:
Ok, this news story practically required a scorecard. In a nutshell, it sounds like something may have happened to Anne at the party that night.

LE took cadaver dogs and searched the farmstead, but the wind prevented any real progress. Does this mean they will go back and search? Is anyone watching to make sure evidence is not relocated (if it exists there)?

Thankful Anne's brother is stepping up for the kids. I hope they are truly being loved and well cared for.

Ok, this news story practically required a scorecard. In a nutshell, it sounds like something may have happened to Anne at the party that night.

LE took cadaver dogs and searched the farmstead, but the wind prevented any real progress. Does this mean they will go back and search? Is anyone watching to make sure evidence is not relocated (if it exists there)?

Thankful Anne's brother is stepping up for the kids. I hope they are truly being loved and well cared for.
Hopefully LE will go back another time and they keep an eye on them and on the place until then.
I too suspect something happened on that farm, but maybe she did took off? I have my hopes on the cell phone pings, as she had several. Did LE found any of those phones I wonder? Are the pings the reason LE focuses on the farm, or is it because this is the last known place AF was at?

Hopefully LE will go back another time and they keep an eye on them and on the place until then.
I too suspect something happened on that farm, but maybe she did took off? I have my hopes on the cell phone pings, as she had several. Did LE found any of those phones I wonder? Are the pings the reason LE focuses on the farm, or is it because this is the last known place AF was at?
Maybe multiple phones explains why so many facebook pages, sort of odd.

LE said they received conflicting stories from the party attendees. Was that because they were out of it on drugs, or is something being covered up? That alone would likely make LE want to search the farmstead with dogs. She had a vehicle, why would she leave on foot when it was so cold out? Then the boyfriend supposedly leaves in her truck that night and has possession of it when LE comes knocking?

Maybe multiple phones explains why so many facebook pages, sort of odd.

LE said they received conflicting stories from the party attendees. Was that because they were out of it on drugs, or is something being covered up? That alone would likely make LE want to search the farmstead with dogs. She had a vehicle, why would she leave on foot when it was so cold out? Then the boyfriend supposedly leaves in her truck that night and has possession of it when LE comes knocking?
Yeah, the whole picture is odd. Although if they were all high and or drunk I can imagine that each of them remembers the events differently. The thing is, if she deemed herself unable to drive because of various substances, she could be anywhere. No telling if she was out of it, where she would end up. Although, I suspect she never left the premises alive.
I would love to be wrong.

Her brother has been open in media reports about her having left without notice before, but she always had her vehicle previously. I hope that’s the case this time and she is able to get help.

Unfortunately, I suspect that she was overcome by the cold and will eventually be located within walking distance of the place she was last seen. She wasn’t dressed warmly enough and may not have realized that due to intoxication or being under the influence. I hope she is found (alive, of course) for her kids’ sake. MOO.

Last edited:
I wonder who reported her missing but can't seem to find that out in any of the articles. If the bf drove her truck away from the party that night and she didn't turn up, he would be the most likely person to report her missing, but I almost get the sense it was her family. If the bf didn't report her missing after he knew she left the party on foot in cold temps, that would be very odd. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back