Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy poop!

I'm literally shaking. I grew up on Kings Cr, and my best friend lived on Tragunna Lane. It's a townhouse co-op with many kids present. I would ride my bike there almost every day by MYSELF during the years of 1995-2003 when she moved away; in fact, I was Christines age in 1995. So incredibly scary that my mom was terrified of me talking to strangers because of the Christine Jessup case, and here I was riding my bike near his house..... wow, I need a minute.

@jessica- I got a chill reading this

So, the Google Maps image of the house CH died in is from September 2011, and it has a For Sale sign out front, which narrows the time down that he spent living there (if you assume he is the one that purchased it at that point).

So, the Google Maps image of the house CH died in is from September 2011, and it has a For Sale sign out front, which narrows the time down that he spent living there (if you assume he is the one that purchased it at that point).

Right. Ty. Had wondered if he had owned the property for decades.

Based on Calvin Hoover's wife's obituary, unsolved assault crimes from WATERDOWN area in the the 2009 period need to be looked at closely.

Toronto, 80's
Ajax (Tragunna Lane area, 1996),
Waterdown, ( - 2009)
Welland, (married woman from Welland, 2004)
Port Hope (County 65 Rd?, - 2015)

Last edited:
I live in Queensville and go by the Jessup house and Moran's so often. I've lost count of the number of times I've wondered aloud in the car "if they will ever find out who did it?" Despite the time it took, I'm glad they did. Even now though, when driving past, I would hardly notice what cars are in what driveways etc. There is often a cop doing radar at the top of the hill (parked in the cemetery entrance) and it's probably not just me who is watching for that, not what is going on off to the side.
It all makes you wonder what else he might be connected to, and also, why the Windsor case has the perp's name withheld. When someone is arrested and not proven guilty, the name is released, often with the idea other victims might come forward. Why, in the Windsor case is this not so? Bizarre.

That empty child's chair beside CH is almost prophetic.

In this pic, he looks quite swarthy and hairy, curious to know his ethnicity (was he adopted?) and also if he claimed to be religious?
speculation, imo.
‘It had to be someone we knew well’: Christine Jessop’s family speaks after 1984 murder solved
20201016_145208.jpg

Calvin Hoover. Ryan Rocca/Global News

Last edited:
Recently Windsor police "solved" two cold cases but would not name the killer(s) since they were deceased. I am amazed and thankful TPS released the killer's name in this case.
Thank you @othram for the important work you are doing.

I am just guessing, but I think TPS could release CH's name only because they could definitively prove he was the killer, thanks to that stored blood sample. Without other direct evidence of identity, the geneological linkage couldn't be considered proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

WARMINGTON: Don't forget slain Christine Jessop is the story | Toronto Sun
October 17, 2020

"It is really surprising," Christine's brother, Ken Jessop, said Friday. Even I didn't think of him."

"A lot of those questions can start with his widow, Heather Hoover,
who now lives in Eastern Canada. They may have to wait a bit.

"When police told her about this (on Thursday) she had a nervous breakdown and had to be taken the hospital," said Ken."

Last edited:
Was it him who cried out, ‘please God, help me’? Christine Jessop’s mother on the questions that come after learning who killed her daughter
October 16, 2020

It’s a burning question that calls out to be answered: Could Christine Jessop’s killer have more victims?
October 17, 2020

"The former head of the Toronto Police cold case unit says investigators didn't find any connections between Hoover's DNA, used to link him to the scene of Christine's death in 1984, and samples in Canada's national DNA databank. ...

"That means if he did commit another crime, he didn't leave any DNA behind."

Gallant noted there was an 11-year gap between the time Christine was killed and when DNA started playing a role in police investigations."

Last edited:
Just fantastic news all around. For the present and the future.

My question is this, if you don't mind; What would be the "cost" of an undertaking like this, where the DNA sample is already in the possession of the police? Ball-park figure, of course. Thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars? I feel like this is the kind of thing I would like to donate to if I had the funds to do so, and it also seems like it would be considered cost-prohibitive to some police departments. I know my local police department has 4 sets of unidentified remains, and at least one they have a DNA sample for. What a dream to be able to answer 25% of the cities "unidentified" mysteries!!

If a suitable DNA extract exists, you are looking thousands of dollars for testing, not tens of thousands. The exact cost depends on the condition and properties of the DNA extract. Highly contaminated or mixed DNA extracts could affect price. Every case is different and if you have some cases that are near to your heart, I would talk to the agency about getting involved. I know your generosity will be appreciated. Also feel free to reach out to us directly if you want to talk through the costs and the process in more detail.

No, but he was a person of interest in the beginning, but he was quickly dropped when they focused on Guy Paul.

Jessica, do you have a link for this? From the little I have found on this stunning development, it is my understanding that he was not a POI.

Never thought I would see this day. CJ was a cousin of one of my public school friends. I was the same age as her when she was abducted, and her case was really my "first" case of many, during a lifetime of more than a passing interest in abduction cases. Michael Dunahee was my 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam