Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he had a key to her place.

IIRC, MG lived in Poncha Springs. Then she moved to another state.

Now, BM lives in Poncha Springs (despite having a house nearby). Makes me wonder whether she turned her apartment/condo over to BM when she left. It could just be interesting coincidence.

This is in line with my original thinking that he went there (whether to pick her up, borrow her car, ask her for help, etc.) and changed his mind.... but I still am puzzled by the lie if that's true - especially if it's also true he was texting workers from the road before 5 am. This is clearly something that could/would be easily discovered, so why lie about it - wouldn't it have been much better to tell the truth about the time and lie about the reason (I went to MGs house to get some tools, and then realized once I got there that she didn't have them after all.... etc.)? The lie makes more sense if he returned to Puma Path after this and retrieved his phone and actually left there at 5 am - but it doesn't seem that is the case. I just think it's odd. JMO
He didn't lie about texting at 4am at least a AFAIK. That he was up and busy, going or coming from somewhere before
5am is the questionable piece. If his truck had a another destination besides MGs in Maysville that night or early morning the internal truck data would have shown it.
MOO important is whether he is possibly involved is, was there was a car available without modern tracking ? Old Range Rover or the old Civic or whatever it was.
Another theory if he possibly is involved:
If Saturday Sandwich sighting is true then maybe they never went home.
She was abducted right then in Salida at 5pm Saturday.

Last edited:
Maybe we're over- thinking this. And it's yet another garden variety, tragic unplanned, barely premeditated crime of passion. An argument that escalated, resistance, challenge, the ultimate silencing. But that ostensibly he did love his wife. Great husband up to that moment? Maybe, maybe not.

I was always taught, when you make a mistake, make the next right decision. But some people, when they make the first mistake, double down, and continue making mistakes. An avalanche of wrong turns....

Let's say that he panicked, fearing she'd divorce him, something he didn't think he could live with. And he did something gigantic and grotesque to stop her from saying it. Hands to the neck....

Realizing then there was no turning back....

And everything we've seen since is a dramatic, disorganized attempt to hide what he'd done.

Perhaps the race to gather money isn't the money grab it looks like, maybe there's no hidden debt, no debts to repay, no scores to settle, but he feels (frantic, manic panic) that others, who don't and won't understand, will take everything away from him, hence his rush to gather....

What if, as a huddle of three, he's told a version of the truth to them that paints himself as a victim... didn't mean to, would never have, etc, etc...

People don't know the truth....

Let me tell you what happened....

Maybe there are additional lawyers, to protect their rights to remain silent, lest they be forced to testify against him...

All the searches, all the backlash, maybe what pains him -- maybe this "the worst thing that's ever happened to him" is that people think he's guilty of intentionally murdering his wife, when the reality (in his jumbled mind) is that he didn't mean to...

How many times did Suzanne have to forgive him, I can't help but to wonder....

Maybe there is a similar whole-family forgiveness mantra.... forgive me because I didn't mean to, I'll be a better man/dad, watch me be saved from my old ways.... just forgive me like we know Suzanne would...

Head games, mental gymnastics, to be sure.

But maybe? Maybe he's lashing out because regardless of what he did, he's desperate for people to think he's not capable of doing any such thing. I loved my wife....

Maybe he is slowly discombobulating, still in shock over what he did indeed do, feeling judged by the masses who don't understand.... making worse and worser decisions, genuinely beside himself, and striking a chord in those who know and love him the most... wrongly accursed....

That would earn no sympathy from me, because accident or none, he'd have the power and capacity to lay it bare, to LE, to the media, to Suzanne's family, what he did. And take the lumps.

All very reminiscent of a man who knows he murdered his wife but didn't feel he should be blamed or convicted for it. Because he dint mean-ta. And that's not latin.

Even if ya dint mean-ta, own it. Clear it up. Let's bring this beautiful mom home.

Just some thoughts of my own....

I totally agree, also hammers home why TOS here at WS is a good thing. <modsnip>
Water seeks it's own level. Although, sometimes someone might seek a job where they can get it.
I'm lucky enough to have sought other employment when I found a lack of integrity from my employer.
Not everyone has that opportunity so I'm on the fence about it.

Really reaching here, but when i heard there was a fire in Colorado i wondered if it would interfere with any searches, i was half wondering if a fire would be started to stop any searches that might come close to locating Suzanne, so i googled Boulder where the reported fire is and it is no where near salida, however it is only 18 minutes drive from Broomfield, im not sure though if any American knows (im a Brit) if im reading google maps right, i thought it was interesting especially how close to Broomfield the fire is

IMO, it’s lame BM taunting. Unicorns don’t exist and neither do bike rides.

Anyway, back to Suzanne Morphew.
bbm
Agreed !
And some people reap only what they have sown.
Whether it be tales of a mountain lion attack, or abduction by a random bushy-haired stranger whilst on a bike ride.
Imo.

Last edited:
Maybe we're over- thinking this. And it's yet another garden variety, tragic unplanned, barely premeditated crime of passion. An argument that escalated, resistance, challenge, the ultimate silencing. But that ostensibly he did love his wife. Great husband up to that moment? Maybe, maybe not.

I was always taught, when you make a mistake, make the next right decision. But some people, when they make the first mistake, double down, and continue making mistakes. An avalanche of wrong turns....

Let's say that he panicked, fearing she'd divorce him, something he didn't think he could live with. And he did something gigantic and grotesque to stop her from saying it. Hands to the neck....

Realizing then there was no turning back....

And everything we've seen since is a dramatic, disorganized attempt to hide what he'd done.

Perhaps the race to gather money isn't the money grab it looks like, maybe there's no hidden debt, no debts to repay, no scores to settle, but he feels (frantic, manic panic) that others, who don't and won't understand, will take everything away from him, hence his rush to gather....

What if, as a huddle of three, he's told a version of the truth to them that paints himself as a victim... didn't mean to, would never have, etc, etc...

People don't know the truth....

Let me tell you what happened....

Maybe there are additional lawyers, to protect their rights to remain silent, lest they be forced to testify against him...

All the searches, all the backlash, maybe what pains him -- maybe this "the worst thing that's ever happened to him" is that people think he's guilty of intentionally murdering his wife, when the reality (in his jumbled mind) is that he didn't mean to...

How many times did Suzanne have to forgive him, I can't help but to wonder....

Maybe there is a similar whole-family forgiveness mantra.... forgive me because I didn't mean to, I'll be a better man/dad, watch me be saved from my old ways.... just forgive me like we know Suzanne would...

Head games, mental gymnastics, to be sure.

But maybe? Maybe he's lashing out because regardless of what he did, he's desperate for people to think he's not capable of doing any such thing. I loved my wife....

Maybe he is slowly discombobulating, still in shock over what he did indeed do, feeling judged by the masses who don't understand.... making worse and worser decisions, genuinely beside himself, and striking a chord in those who know and love him the most... wrongly accursed....

That would earn no sympathy from me, because accident or none, he'd have the power and capacity to lay it bare, to LE, to the media, to Suzanne's family, what he did. And take the lumps.

All very reminiscent of a man who knows he murdered his wife but didn't feel he should be blamed or convicted for it. Because he dint mean-ta. And that's not latin.

Even if ya dint mean-ta, own it. Clear it up. Let's bring this beautiful mom home.

Just some thoughts of my own....

Great post! I agree with most of your well written thoughts here, especially the first part. I don’t really think BM meant to kill her either but I do think if given the choice to stay married to Suzanne or be free to live a bachelor lifestyle without losing half of the money & assets, he would have choosen the latter. I think BM did love Suzanne but wasn’t in love with her anymore. But when you have that long history and children together you don’t stop caring about someone even if you fall in love - or lust - with someone else.

I think an argument occurred because Suzanne found evidence of financial infidelity (debt or home equity loan she didn’t know about or draining of a savings or retirement account) or perhaps even real infidelity. Or even possibly some type of illegal activity he was involved in. She might have confronted him and may have even said she wanted a divorce. I think BM was possibly caught off guard and became defensive and angry. His usual tactics didn’t work on her this time which enraged him and he lost control and things went sideways. The actual killing probably happened very fast and then he realized what he had done and panicked.

There has been speculation that Suzanne was involved in a domestic violence support group in some way. PE has hinted at DV and Andy said he didn’t think things were “hunky dirt”. So maybe we are overthinking why it happened too. Could it just simply be that BM has a bad temper and Suzanne has been a victim of domestic violence before and something set BM off again sending him into a fit of rage and he pushed, hit, choked, shot, stabbed, drowned ??? Suzanne. He realized this time he took things too far but it was too late because she was dead. Instead of calling for help and turning himself in he goes into desperation, panic & coverup mode with all the crazy mess that has followed.

For awhile I had hope that BM would be so full of guilt and remorse that he would confess...but I guess it’s safe to say that ship has sailed. I have no doubt he wishes he could turn back time and do everything differently. And even if he couldn’t go back to when Suzanne was still alive, I would like to believe that if he could even rewind to right after the murder he would turn himself in. I know we have talked about narcissism and he might be one but killing your wife of 26 years and the mother of your children and then doing something awful with her body has got to be traumatizing. And seeing his children suffer for what he has done has got to make him feel like the worst father in the world. If he is not deeply ashamed and on his knees begging for forgiveness every day then maybe he is just a monster.

If he hadn’t gotten the guardianship and declared Suzanne incapacitated and bought the lot and put the house up for sale...gosh it’s a long list and growing longer every day isn’t it? But if it wasn’t for these actions I would almost feel sorry for him. I would honestly rather be a murder victim than a murderer if that makes sense. I couldn’t live with the guilt of taking someone’s life.

I still think there is/was something shady going on with finances that Suzanne didn’t know about and may have discovered which is why he is doing this money grab. This is the part that makes me suspicious of some kind of illegal activity and/or large debts pending. And this is my biggest issue with not being able to fully rule out premeditation. But I think it’s more likely that once he killed Suzanne then he decided it’s too late for her but he could still fix the money issue. If Suzanne could have saved just one person it would be worth it...

Speculation and MOO!!

Edit: I meant “hunky dory” not hunky dirt. Lol :D That’s what I get for trying Royal Crown Regal Apple flavor. It’s so delicious btw and smells wonderful. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Really reaching here, but when i heard there was a fire in Colorado i wondered if it would interfere with any searches, i was half wondering if a fire would be started to stop any searches that might come close to locating Suzanne, so i googled Boulder where the reported fire is and it is no where near salida, however it is only 18 minutes drive from Broomfield, im not sure though if any American knows (im a Brit) if im reading google maps right, i thought it was interesting especially how close to Broomfield the fire is

Today’s fire in Boulder County is quite a bit further than the town of Boulder itself. To get to the fire by road, you’d usually drive to Lyons and head into the valley that way. I’d give that at least 45min to an hour from Broomfield. It’s a stretch. It’s not impossible but it’s a stretch.

Why is this man not pleading high and low to find his wife? We at WS know why but it is so obvious why he could not be troubled enough to make it look like he cared for his wife of 20+ years. He wants to hide so bad. There is only one reason for that imo. It’s so bad who does this and thinks it makes them look as if they are in a positive light when their wife goes missing?

Agreed. And just jumping off your post, my speculation to follow...

IMO he’s positive he will get away with this. I believe he has his daughters convinced that he knows who abducted Suzanne and why she was taken and ultimate secrecy about this is necessary to protect Suzanne. That’s why there have been no public pleas from the daughters. There’s no point participating in Uncle Andy’s search because nothing will be found He may have told them he can’t tell LE the truth because Suzanne will be harmed. He’s told them it’s important for them to keep quiet so as not to aggravate the situation and that’s why there’s been no plea from daughters. He has to be the only one speaking to media. He may be telling them he has to sell the house to pay a ransom. At some point, when it suits his purposes, he’ll change the narrative.

JMO

Wow, this makes sense to how the daughters are/are not reacting publicly. My heart really goes out to them.

Why is this man not pleading high and low to find his wife? We at WS know why but it is so obvious why he could not be troubled enough to make it look like he cared for his wife of 20+ years. He wants to hide so bad. There is only one reason for that imo. It’s so bad who does this and thinks it makes them look as if they are in a positive light when their wife goes missing?
Welcome to the world of reality.

The “river runs through it” house is something that I can’t stop looking at. My thought is that river is so close to that home. Such an easy way to dispose of evidence at the least. The body maybe not so much but I do think she is close by I don’t think he would have risked it to go too far. I don’t think he is a mastermind when it comes to disposing of a body and evidence. I think that river was an opportunity. I think she is somewhere around that property that’s why he wants to leave as fast as he can. Jmo

Agreed. And just jumping off your post, my speculation to follow...

IMO he’s positive he will get away with this. I believe he has his daughters convinced that he knows who abducted Suzanne and why she was taken and ultimate secrecy about this is necessary to protect Suzanne. That’s why there have been no public pleas from the daughters. There’s no point participating in Uncle Andy’s search because nothing will be found He may have told them he can’t tell LE the truth because Suzanne will be harmed. He’s told them it’s important for them to keep quiet so as not to aggravate the situation and that’s why there’s been no plea from daughters. He has to be the only one speaking to media. He may be telling them he has to sell the house to pay a ransom. At some point, when it suits his purposes, he’ll change the narrative.

JMO
I agree. He's got them completely convinced. I would think he's been working on this for a while.

The “river runs through it” house is something that I can’t stop looking at. My thought is that river is so close to that home. Such an easy way to dispose of evidence at the least. The body maybe not so much but I do think she is close by I don’t think he would have risked it to go too far. I don’t think he is a mastermind when it comes to disposing of a body and evidence. I think that river was an opportunity. I think she is somewhere around that property that’s why he wants to leave as fast as he can. Jmo
And just look at how many acres are at his disposal.
IMO

And just look at how many acres are at his disposal.
IMO
In my view, selling the house leaves the property available for a very close inspection and investigation.
Therefore, we may assume that Barry believes there are no clues whatsoever to be found on the property.
The current popular modus operandi for killing women seems to be “chop and dispose” viz Leila Cavett, Heather Elvis,Linda Stoltzfoos, etc.
Even BM is the perp, there’s no reason to think he hid a body in nearby woods. Look in a garbage dump between Salida and the cheap hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member