Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 Aug 2019

Her injuries just seem too severe to be caused by only falling unless she fell from something. I'm not really familiar with the area she was found though.
She was apparently found in a wooded area along a treeline two blocks from her house. So unless she climbed a tree and fell from a significant height or bounced off the ground a few times, I can't imagine how she ended up with broken bones in her face, neck and one of her ribs.

I think she was moved to that location after she was already dead.

She was apparently found in a wooded area along a treeline two blocks from her house. So unless she climbed a tree and fell from a significant height or bounced off the ground a few times, I can't imagine how she ended up with broken bones in her face, neck and one of her ribs.

I think she was moved to that location after she was already dead.
Her injuries were nowhere near so bad as what you would get from a fall from a distance. Her nose and jaw had minor injuries. What evidence makes you think that she was moved?

But that would leave evidence, and there is no evidence of her being beaten at all, let alone beaten to death. You cannot declare a death to be homicide without evidence of a homicide
It should have been labelled a homicide by the ME to begin with. That would have allowed police to conduct a homicide investigation. There is no evidence that she died from a fall or that her death was an accident, either. In fact an accident seems unlikely, considering the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

There does seem to be evidence that points to foul play.
Jessica had told others that her husband had threatened to hunt her down and kill her if she ever left him. She was anxious the night before she went missing and told her friend she wanted to leave him and asked that she pick her up. One of the last things she said was first she would wait and see what happened after she got home. I doubt it's just a coincidence that two days later she ended up dead.

Her husband failed to report her missing until Jessica's sister told him she was going to call the police. He told her he tried to report her missing but was told he had to wait 48 hours, or something like that. It seems to me a concerned husband would be out looking for his wife instead of waiting two days to do anything about it.

IMO

Last edited:
Her injuries were nowhere near so bad as what you would get from a fall from a distance. Her nose and jaw had minor injuries. What evidence makes you think that she was moved?
I think she was moved because I don't find it believable that she would walk two blocks from her house to a wooded area and suddenly fall down and die. And if she had gone for a walk and never came back after she got home, why wouldn't her husband have called the police that night?

A broken nose and a fractured jaw are not necessarily minor injuries, but they are consistent with being punched in the face or struck with an object

Even if she did fall or ran into a tree, it wouldn't explain the broken bone in her neck and the broken rib.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

... you also have to listen to the family and friends of the victim with an open mind, and have some empathy. Her ex also kept posting *advertiser censored* (of the 2 of them) on their joint social media, well after she was missing, as well as after she was found. Chances are, if Jessica was planning to escape her abuser that very day she went missing, and she just happens to turn up deceased shortly thereafter, then it's highly likely her abuser had something to do with that. That's just statistics and common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she was moved because I don't find it believable that she would walk two blocks from her house to a wooded area and suddenly fall down and die. And if she had gone for a walk and never came back after she got home, why wouldn't her husband have called the police that night?

A broken nose and a fractured jaw are not necessarily minor injuries, but they are consistent with being punched in the face or struck with an object

Even if she did fall or ran into a tree, it wouldn't explain the broken bone in her neck and the broken rib.

I agree.

Also bear in mind the words of the VI in relation to the last telephone conversation where she sounded 'afraid' and wanted to get away.

Very likely at the hands of her abuser. I get that you are going on "facts" only, but you also have to listen to the family and friends of the victim with an open mind, and have some empathy. Her ex also kept posting *advertiser censored* (of the 2 of them) on their joint social media, well after she was missing, as well as after she was found. Chances are, if Jessica was planning to escape her abuser that very day she went missing, and she just happens to turn up deceased shortly thereafter, then it's highly likely her abuser had something to do with that. That's just statistics and common sense.
Yes, there are so many things about his behavior that just don't make sense. If he last saw her at their home and she didn't take anything with her, why didn't he go out searching for her? He still had about six hours of daylight to look for her. Why was he so reluctant to call the police two days later?

Why didn't he make any public pleas for her return or organize any searches? Her body was found only a couple hundred yards from the home and her sisters found it in one day. Why didn't anybody find it, or smell a decomposing body before that?

Why is it that Jessica's family and friends seem to be the only ones keeping her story in the media and trying to find out the truth about what happened to her? What has the husband been doing all this time?

There are too many unanswered questions. It doesn't seem like LE are doing much to solve this case. Maybe they need a new investigative team.

Yes, there are so many things about his behavior that just don't make sense. If he last saw her at their home and she didn't take anything with her, why didn't he go out searching for her? He still had about six hours of daylight to look for her. Why was he so reluctant to call the police two days later?

Why didn't he make any public pleas for her return or organize any searches? Her body was found only a couple hundred yards from the home and her sisters found it in one day. Why didn't anybody find it, or smell a decomposing body before that?

Why is it that Jessica's family and friends seem to be the only ones keeping her story in the media and trying to find out the truth about what happened to her? What has the husband been doing all this time?

There are too many unanswered questions. It doesn't seem like LE are doing much to solve this case. Maybe they need a new investigative team.
The husband reported her missing on the 14th, the day she went missing. Cause of death undetermined for Lakeview woman whose body was found in August

The autopsy report is reportedly four pages long and the only information released to the media were those two injuries.

If you read some of the earlier posts you can find the post by the VI that specifically describes the C4 broken neck bone and the broken rib. We don't have access to the autopsy, but the family does.

A C4 fracture or break is a serious neck injury usually caused by high impact trauma and can lead to death if not treated right away. A fractured or broken rib can puncture a lung or other organ and lead to internal bleeding and death.

Since Jessica's body was left out in the elements for about ten days, decomposition would have occurred rapidly. Insect activity and hot and humid conditions would also speed things up significantly. This may have made it impossible to detect signs of bruising or any damage to the organs. That may be why the ME was only able to point out the broken bones.

IMO

The husband reported her missing on the 14th, the day she went missing. Cause of death undetermined for Lakeview woman whose body was found in August
Yes, but that was only after he spoke to her friend and she told him she had called the police for a welfare check. He was hesitant to call them, and told her he couldn't file a missing persons report for 48 hours, which the dispatcher claimed was not true. All this information is in the thread.

I'm assuming he looked through her phone and saw that Jessica had called her friend four times and wanted to be picked up because she was afraid of him. He would have known Jessica never got back to her after two days and that's probably why he contacted her.

If he claimed she did not go missing until two days after she contacted her friend, wouldn't it seem unusual that all communication ended before she returned home on the 12th? Her last message was 'let me see what happens when I get home.' Doesn't it seem unusual that she never let her know that she was ok or if she still wanted a ride the next morning?

Given the circumstances, the only thing that makes sense is that something happened to her that day to prevent her from ever talking to anyone again. I don't believe that the husband saw her two days later and that's when she went missing. He had no choice at that point to report her missing.

The police are not going to reveal details about the investigation to the public.

We are very lucky to have two verified insiders who have clearly provided information that suggests a history of domestic violence and abuse. They have also stated that Jessica was scared and ready to leave the relationship when she spoke to her friend on the 12th. This is the most dangerous time for a woman in an abusive relationship.

If I had a sister or friend who disappeared under these circumstances, I would be fighting for justice, too.

Why isn't the husband demanding answers? Wouldn't he want to know the truth about what happened to his wife? The only reason I can think of for not taking any action is because he knows what happened.

I get that being obtuse as a form of trolling may delight and amuse some. I'm glad you're entertained. For those of you that actually care about what happened to jessica, thank you for being here and for watching all the interviews and reading all the posts. There is so much that hasn't been revealed yet because it is an active investigation. We are confident in our perception of this situation based on the information we have.

The autopsy report is reportedly four pages long and the only information released to the media were those two injuries.

If you read some of the earlier posts you can find the post by the VI that specifically describes the C4 broken neck bone and the broken rib. We don't have access to the autopsy, but the family does.

A C4 fracture or break is a serious neck injury usually caused by high impact trauma and can lead to death if not treated right away. A fractured or broken rib can puncture a lung or other organ and lead to internal bleeding and death.

Since Jessica's body was left out in the elements for about ten days, decomposition would have occurred rapidly. Insect activity and hot and humid conditions would also speed things up significantly. This may have made it impossible to detect signs of bruising or any damage to the organs. That may be why the ME was only able to point out the broken bones.

IMO
the autopsy report is 9 pages, 4 pages which are made public.

the autopsy report is 9 pages, 4 pages which are made public.
Ok. Thank you. I got that information from an article and four pages did sound very short for an autopsy report.

We appreciate you being here and hope that one day there will be justice for Jessica. It might be a long road, but with the right people working on the case and a proper investigation I feel it can be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back