Australia Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 Dec 2001

Mal Pollard has posted a detailed transcript on the official Facebook page of the audio and footage from the cctv cameras at the Tav. I’d like to post it here. How can I find out if that’s allowed?
Found the posts you're talking about Loxoli, super interesting, thanks for that. So, is this the first time the cctv audio has been deciphered and transcribed? H'mm. It's looking like all the answers are all just sitting there in the audio/footage from the Metro, hey. MOO.

Maybe the reason the keys weren't in the photo was that they were needed to open the store.
Not a case of robbery it seems, otherwise the money and phone would be gone.
I believe I read on Facebook group that one of the friends got the keys from the bag the next day to check if Janine was at her house and to check her house.

Have been looking at the Help Find Janine Public Facebook page and Kylie has put up some footage to see if anyone recognises anyone. Just curious, has this person been identified? This fella looks tall, short sleeved shirt/or rolled up sleeves. Everyone else who leaves seems to be with someone, but this guy leaves alone. Maybe he's a member of staff who's just finished his shift? If anyone can let me know that'd be great, would be interested to know, thanks.
Image2.png image1.png

Continuation of footage from the Help Find Janine Public Facebook page, the first clip, MOO, maybe this lady is giving him her phone number, he looks at it, and then you see something drop on the ground behind him, like it was a bit of paper and he's chucked it, let it drop? Wasn't interested? Looks like he's giving her directions, the way he's pointing, and he walks her to where she has to go as she wasn't understanding, then maybe heads off on his own? Total speculation. Watching the footage is quite addictive, I'd better go get something done :rolleyes:
image3&4.png

Last edited:
Oh wait, re previous post, no, he doesn't chuck it. Just had a closer look, he seems to put it in his pocket but it slips out and falls on the ground behind him without him realising. H'mm, maybe it was a business card or something. Arrow pointing to card/paper that just fell. At 1.11 he puts in pocket and at 1.13 you see it falls out when he raises hand to point.

Attachments

• droppedpaper.png
    droppedpaper.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Oh wait, re previous post, no, he doesn't chuck it. Just had a closer look, he seems to put it in his pocket but it slips out and falls on the ground behind him without him realising. H'mm, maybe it was a business card or something. Arrow pointing to card/paper that just fell. At 1.11 he puts in pocket and at 1.13 you see it falls out when he raises hand to point.
puzzle where you seeing this stuff?
Ive looked at the FB page and have no idea where you getting these pics.:D
TIA :)

puzzle where you seeing this stuff?
Ive looked at the FB page and have no idea where you getting these pics.:D
TIA :)
Hey k-mac, this is the link, it's the post of Kylie Spelde on the Help Find Janine Vaughan Facebook called "Another little snippit". I'm not a member of Facebook so I can't say anything there, or share the film to here, but here is the link if that's permitted.
Let me know what you think about the fellow dropping the possible business card, and if you think she gave it to him and it drops from his pocket.
Facebook Groups

Last edited:
Is it the extra stuff that was talked about, that you get for being a The Australian subscriber ?
No, it's on the Help Find Janine Vaughan Facebook Group, there are a couple of portions of CCTV there now, one's called "Another snippit", and you can scroll down to another bit of CCTV called "Please Help", also posted by Kylie Spelde.
Facebook Groups

Hey k-mac, this is the link, it's the post of Kylie Spelde on the Help Find Janine Vaughan Facebook called "Another little snippit". I'm not a member of Facebook so I can't say anything there, or share the film to here, but here is the link if that's permitted.
Let me know what you think about the fellow dropping the possible business card, and if you think she gave it to him and it drops from his pocket.
Facebook Groups
awesome thank you :cool:x

I just watched the video. Even if I knew anyone there, the quality is so bad I wouldn't be able to recognise them.
Yeah, it's not the best, and yet compelling viewing Tootsie. Speculation .... the big fella that suddenly appears off the street at 0.24, theory, he's a cab driver asking if anyone booked a cab, or needs a ride. End of random spontaneous theory.

@Itsapuzzle geez I can't even figure out where JV is.

Does she have her hair ina pig tail? light clothing. the last girl standing there looking like shes watching something up ahead?

**added later **ok that girl I just described IMO (speculating) bought drugs off a dude and another dude wanted her to leave with him and she thinks about it but sort of smaks the air like...nah..and looks back into the pub like she decided to wait for someone.

moo

Last edited:
@Itsapuzzle geez I can't even figure out where JV is.

Does she have her hair ina pig tail? light clothing. the last girl standing there looking like shes watching something up ahead?

**added later **ok that girl I just described IMO (speculating) bought drugs off a dude and another dude wanted her to leave with him and she thinks about it but sort of smaks the air like...nah..and looks back into the pub like she decided to wait for someone.

moo
The second cctv is about 20 minutes to half an hour before Janine leaves the hotel. I think the first one might be around the same time too, and JV still hasn't left the hotel. Make sure you click the unmute button as Kylie does some narration on both of them. I'll have a look at what you've mentioned, been focusing mostly on that fella, but wow, sounds interesting!! Actually no-one I've seen outside the hotel looks capable of driving a car at this point, except that guy in the white shirt, but there could be others .... MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back