Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Friends and family in Seattle are desperately hoping for the safe return of 23-year-old Marisela Botello. Botello visited Dallas the first weekend in October and hasn’t been seen since the last night of her trip.

Friends and family haven’t heard from Botello since the early morning hours of Monday, Oct. 5, when she was supposed to return home to Seattle.

Her family says Botello arrived in Dallas on Oct. 2 to visit an ex-boyfriend and was scheduled to return.

Her family has a Lyft receipt showing she was dropped off on Elm Street just after midnight on Monday morning, Oct. 5. She went to the Deep Ellum bar Select Start and surveillance video captured her leaving the bar wearing a purple dress. The 23-year-old Hispanic woman hasn’t been seen since.

“One timestamped 1:15 a.m. shows her leaving with a guy,” said Marisela's aunt Dennesly Castillo.

Castillo said she was able to get into her niece's T-Mobile account and determine that Botello used her phone at 4 a.m.

“And from there she just never came back,” Castillo said. “And that’s around the same time also that we saw the last cell phone activity, last time her debit card was ever used.”

“Her flight was Monday morning and she never returned,” Castillo said. “Today has been a week and there’s no sign of her.”

Her family says she has distinctive features, including a mole on the center of her neck and a tattoo on her right hand.

Botello’s family and friends have flown into Dallas throughout the week to search for the Seattle native.

Seattle family, friends desperate to find woman missing in Dallas | wfaa.com

TX - Marisela Botello, 23, Dallas (from Seattle), 5 Oct 2020 - Map, Media, Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
Botello-Courtesy-NEW_fyoe0q.jpg

As MundoHispánico was able to verify , in Texas, the DPD opened an investigation of the case, under the criteria of "Person to be located", with the number 177834-2020.

So far the only thing that is known is that the girl decided to stay with a friend who gave her an inn during her stay in Texas, according to the relatives.

On the night of Sunday, October 4, the girl told her friend that she was going to a club. Marisela Botello dressed up in a purple dress and went out to party at a bar on Elm Street.

Before leaving for the club on Elm Street, a fun area in downtown Dallas, the girl took a picture in the bathroom mirror of her friend's house and then posted it on her Snapchat account.

That photograph is the last clear image of Marisela Botello and it is the one the volunteers are using to search for her.

Marisela se tomó esta fotografía en la casa de su amigo antes de salir a un bar y luego la subió a sus redes. Ahora su familia desesperada y llorando

She went to the Deep Ellum bar Select Start and surveillance video captured her leaving the bar wearing a purple dress. The 23-year-old Hispanic woman hasn’t been seen since.
For reference, The Deep Ellum area in Dallas is a district with a high proportion of bars, night clubs, tattoo parlors, small to mid size concert halls, head shops and an alternative modern art gallery or two. Over the years, there have been several campaigns to gentrify Deep Ellum, but they have never fully taken root.

The area attracts a diverse crowd of fun seekers, some resident urban pioneers, second (or third) wave hippies as well as a certain number of at risk youth types and people with substance abuse problems.

Though the area is not explicitly dangerous per se, it does have a reputation for volatility stemming from a notably larger than average number of people under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any given time and is also known for persistent, but usually low level street crime.

Last edited:
Has there been anything released on WHERE her debit card was last used? ATM? Convenience store? Would be helpful in determining a possible direction and insight into her situation at that time.

FWIW - Currently in Dallas - Not a lot open late late at night... ESPECIALLY on a Monday night. Covid shutdown has made for early closing times for a lot of (formerly) all-night businesses. Extending hours again post-"re-opening" has been slow to take hold.

FWIW - Currently in Dallas - Not a lot open late late at night... ESPECIALLY on a Monday night. Covid shutdown has made for early closing times for a lot of (formerly) all-night businesses. Extending hours again post-"re-opening" has been slow to take hold.
That is a very good point.

If she left the bar a little after 12:00 midnight, I bet even the down town night clubs would be closing at 0100 on a Covid Monday night. It might be worth trying to piece together what entertainment places in the general area would still be open at say, 12:30 a.m.

I am not readily familiar with down town or Deep Ellum closing times. I do know of one place on Harry Hines that, in contrast to the "no extended hours" trend, still keeps their kitchen open until 0100 and closes at 0200. Though Harry Hines is not supper close to Deep Ellum, it is not that far away either.

Last edited:
MOO

If she was dropped off by Lyft at the bar just after midnight and then left with a man at 115am it seems possible that she didn't randomly meet him that night. That would be pretty fast progress in my opinion to arrive at a bar, meet a stranger and leave with them in an hour.

So that makes me wonder whether she and her ex had been there previously during her visit to Dallas and maybe she met this person then? The ex doesn't want to go back but she does? I'm wondering if there was any communication with a Dallas local during her visit? I'm sure LE has her phone records by now and would know that information.

MOO

OCT 23, 2020
'Please let her go': Mother of missing woman last seen in Deep Ellum begs for her return | wfaa.com
[...]

Botella's family said she flew to Dallas from Seattle to visit her ex-boyfriend.

But she went to Deep Ellum alone, taking a Lyft ride.

"If she went to visit him, why did he let her go alone that night? That's the number one question I have,” said Valadez.

Her family released a video they got from a bar on Elm Street. They said surveillance cameras captured Botello with an unknown man.

Dallas police have not verified the tape.

But Botello's family said it's her, and the man is the key to helping find her location.

[...]

Botello's belongings were found at her ex-boyfriend’s house. She has not used her cellphone or credit cards that might pinpoint her location.

Sources told WFAA there is a person of interest and police have questioned a few men.

[...]

So she went to visit an ex - I'm assuming then, that they are still friendly. But she goes out alone and leaves with a different guy. Like someone earlier said, if she just met this guy, it does seem a bit fast to leave with him basically an hour later. Not judging, just concerned OR it's possible she had contact with him previously, I suppose.

Were there cameras inside the bar that show when they first interacted I wonder?

So she went to visit an ex - I'm assuming then, that they are still friendly. But she goes out alone and leaves with a different guy. Like someone earlier said, if she just met this guy, it does seem a bit fast to leave with him basically an hour later. Not judging, just concerned OR it's possible she had contact with him previously, I suppose.

Were there cameras inside the bar that show when they first interacted I wonder?

It seems unusual to go out to a bar by yourself at midnight in a city you don't know after arriving to visit a friend. I would surmise she was meeting someone and that they planned to meet up at that bar. You would think they would see that in texts/calls in her T Mobile account but it is possible she communicated through apps on her phone rather than texts/calls. The bar she went to closed at 2:00am.

Seattle woman still missing three weeks after traveling to Dallas, Texas

Marisela’s family told Dateline that the 23-year-old left her home in Seattle, Washington on October 2, and traveled to Dallas to visit her ex-boyfriend for the weekend.

Marisela was last seen on the last night of her trip - Sunday, October 4. Dennesly told Dateline that her niece wanted to go out for her last night, but her ex-boyfriend wanted to stay home. So Marisela took a Lyft alone to Deep Ellum, a popular nightlife area in Dallas.

Dennesly said they obtained security video from outside the Select Start bar which shows who they believe to be Marisela leaving the bar with an unknown man. The time stamp was 1:15 a.m., she added.

Dennesly said they obtained security video from outside the Select Start bar which shows who they believe to be Marisela leaving the bar with an unknown man. The time stamp was 1:15 a.m., she added.

Leaving at 1:15 am does not leave any real time to go to another entertainment venue. Evidently even the extended hours bars and dance clubs close at 2:00 am.

I wonder if anybody saw the couple walking after they left the bar? Dallas bans smoking in bars and after a slow start, the ban is enforced and followed. As a result, it is not uncommon to see bar / club patrons smoking on patios or out front. A smoker may have noticed the couple.

Likewise, though I am not very familiar with Deep Ellum, my impression is that parking is limited with street parking filling up quickly, alot of "we tow with out mercy" type signs and few commercial parking lots.

As a result, depending on what time the the man got to the area, he may of needed to walk a few blocks from his vehicle to the bar / night club. If so, the couple would have needed to make the return trip. They could have passed several bars with smokers out front.

Last edited:
I can't imagine how Marisela's lived ones are doing. I feel so bad for them.

I would think by now LE would have her phone and other digital records and would have identified anyone in Dallas other than the ex that she was communicating with. Could this be a complete stranger? Something put into her drink?

And most importantly why not release information about the man she left the bar with? In many /most other Sunkist cases LE will even release images. Perhaps because LE identify him and ruled him out?

I hope Marisela could still be alive and will find a way to return to her friends and family.

MOO

Seattle woman still missing three weeks after traveling to Dallas, Texas

October 2 (Fri)
•left Seattle & traveled to Dallas to see ex boyfriend
October 4 (Sun)
•Marisela took a Lyft alone to Deep Ellum, a popular nightlife area in Dallas.
October 5 (Mon)
•she was dropped off on Elm Street in the Deep Ellum area just after midnight (receipt shows)
•security video from outside the Select Start bar shows who they believe to be Marisela leaving with an unknown man @ 1:15am.
•her cellphone was last used around 4am.
•didn’t make her flight home

To Note:
•were able to access Marisela’s email, along with her social media and bank accounts.
• also able to get into her Snap Chat account and see her camera roll...“There’s a picture of her in a purple dress from that night-- the same dress in the surveillance video.”

Sadly, the 4am phone use doesn't necessarily mean she accessed or used her phone, especially if she didn't have it password protected.
Though I agree with you in that it is possible that the call was made by someone else, my impression is that most people do password protect their phones.

As a result, a presumption that Marisela made the call seems valid unless evidence appears that would lessen that probability (Marisela did not use passwords, the phone was known to be shared etc.).

•security video from outside the Select Start bar shows who they believe to be Marisela leaving with an unknown man @ 1:15am.
•her cellphone was last used around 4am.
I wonder if the police have cleared the ex boyfriend? Perhaps there was an argument that led to Marisela going out by herself. She then returns to the ex boyfriends home after her solo night out- he then flies into a rage?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back