Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking for this case to be solved, I knew they needed Suzanne's body after Andy Moorman said police told him there was no sign of a struggle in the house.
Could you please point me to where Andy said the was no sign of a struggle in the house? I recall he said no sign of a struggle in regards to the bike discovery site, not the house.

Could you please point me to where Andy said the was no sign of a struggle in the house? I recall he said no sign of a struggle in regards to the bike discovery site, not the house.

I recall AM saying that regarding no signs of a struggle at the home. The problem citing the source, IMO, is he has done many many interviews that were not put in article form.

I'm sure someone here will remember. IMO

Just only my speculation here. Have watched everything since Suzanne went missing. And LE is keeping much to the breast as they should. I go back to the very beginning. She disappears without a trace. The husband seems distraught - and offers up ways she could have disappeared. LE cannot trace her out of the home on Puma Path. Evidence is found - but still no trail. Husband has so many fishy stories and actions. Yet a courageous and full out effort is fought to find her !! Some things are suspicious but nothing pans out. Husband is still taking suspicious actions. Money and condo's and buying land and selling other property - now on Puma Path. All in less than 6 months from Suzanne disappearing. Overall - if you just pan back - just go back to the start and look at it all !! I do not believe that BM was smart enough to pull this all off by himself. He may well have looked at things way before. I do not believe that they suddenly had some argument and he said ' enough ' - and took her life in a rage. I think he was weighing things out for quite a while. Wanted things done and found a time frame - when it could work. His actions and demeanor that weekend show a stressed out and anxiety driven man. I think he did love Suzanne and still does. But he started a plan - and then he could not turn back. I think that he knew when it might happen - and then he started freaking out. I think that it was supposed to happen obviously before the girls got back. It DID happen before they got back. That should be a huge sign. She disappears - on that very weekend. It was Suzanne' girls that knew something wasn't right. They were the first ones that knew something wasn't right.
I believe that BM had help. He had a time frame to work within. IMO - he had hired help. He knew he could control a lot of things - including where Suzanne was on Saturday night. So they go and have a sandwich - in the afternoon on Sat. His way of making sure someone had seen them / her. All seems fine. Yet that very Sat night - suspicious things happen. Communication ends with her friend. Weird things about some job site with BM come to light. BM claims he had seen her in bed at 5 am - yet he is feverishly texting people about a job in Broomfield very early in the morning. Seems he had a huge amount of anxiety over all of that. Right ?? He had earlier made it sound like Suzanne was all understanding about this job site on Mother's day. Out of his own mouth !! But remember - this is out of his mouth !! If things were all screwed up with this job in Broomfield - like - I need people to do it and I need everything there and I need supplies delivered - and I will get hotel rooms for everyone......... seriously ?? If that job was so detrimental in finishing ?? At that very weekend - after all of BM's - history in landscaping and years of working in these type jobs - why that weekend did it seem so urgent to finish that ONE job. It makes no sense. If he was that successful and had a ton of money all along - that ONE job would never have been so important. Not like it would caused him bankruptcy. He could have walked away from that job without any worry.

interview with your voice, your call.... transcript below

59:49
i do know i asked him point blank did
59:52
you find her cell phone
59:53
no i said have you found her body
59:57
no i said any evidence of a struggle
60:00
no so
60:03
they're really tight-lipped on this

you find her cell phone
no so
Thx for the transcript!

Yes, Andy said there was no sign of a struggle. But he also stated that an investigator told him there was a smell of bleach. That indicates to be that the signs of a struggle had been cleaned up by the perpetrator.

Now if anyone wants a transcript for this, don't ask me. But maybe skyvoyager can help???
Moo

I recall AM saying that regarding no signs of a struggle at the home. The problem citing the source, IMO, is he has done many many interviews that were not put in article form.

I'm sure someone here will remember. IMO

I should go back and listen again, but I remember thinking when Andy said "no signs of a struggle". He meant at the location the bike was discovered, not the home?

He has said many times "human hands put that bike there, there were no signs of a struggle or an injury where it was found". I'm on the fence whether LE would share anything about evidence found in the home with anyone, even Andy.
I understood it to be at the location of the bike.

“An animal did not attack her because there absolutely was no blood evidence and no tracks on the ground, no scent from an animal,” he says. “I stood there and looked and I realized that nobody rode over the side of that hill. There would have been signs of a struggle or you would have been skinned up.”

Moorman and his brother in-law both searched the area where Suzanne's bike was found for any signs of a clue.

“I said to Barry ‘Hey, I don't think she fell off the hill on that bicycle or rode over the edge.’ I said, ‘I believe a human being threw this down here.’”

Brother of Suzanne Morphew pleads for brother-in-law to 'step up to the plate' and work with authorities

steeltowngirl, Sep 16, 2020Report
#831Unlike

I'll keep looking.

Just only my speculation here. Have watched everything since Suzanne went missing. And LE is keeping much to the breast as they should. I go back to the very beginning. She disappears without a trace. The husband seems distraught - and offers up ways she could have disappeared. LE cannot trace her out of the home on Puma Path. Evidence is found - but still no trail. Husband has so many fishy stories and actions. Yet a courageous and full out effort is fought to find her !! Some things are suspicious but nothing pans out. Husband is still taking suspicious actions. Money and condo's and buying land and selling other property - now on Puma Path. All in less than 6 months from Suzanne disappearing. Overall - if you just pan back - just go back to the start and look at it all !! I do not believe that BM was smart enough to pull this all off by himself. He may well have looked at things way before. I do not believe that they suddenly had some argument and he said ' enough ' - and took her life in a rage. I think he was weighing things out for quite a while. Wanted things done and found a time frame - when it could work. His actions and demeanor that weekend show a stressed out and anxiety driven man. I think he did love Suzanne and still does. But he started a plan - and then he could not turn back. I think that he knew when it might happen - and then he started freaking out. I think that it was supposed to happen obviously before the girls got back. It DID happen before they got back. That should be a huge sign. She disappears - on that very weekend. It was Suzanne' girls that knew something wasn't right. They were the first ones that knew something wasn't right.
I believe that BM had help. He had a time frame to work within. IMO - he had hired help. He knew he could control a lot of things - including where Suzanne was on Saturday night. So they go and have a sandwich - in the afternoon on Sat. His way of making sure someone had seen them / her. All seems fine. Yet that very Sat night - suspicious things happen. Communication ends with her friend. Weird things about some job site with BM come to light. BM claims he had seen her in bed at 5 am - yet he is feverishly texting people about a job in Broomfield very early in the morning. Seems he had a huge amount of anxiety over all of that. Right ?? He had earlier made it sound like Suzanne was all understanding about this job site on Mother's day. Out of his own mouth !! But remember - this is out of his mouth !! If things were all screwed up with this job in Broomfield - like - I need people to do it and I need everything there and I need supplies delivered - and I will get hotel rooms for everyone......... seriously ?? If that job was so detrimental in finishing ?? At that very weekend - after all of BM's - history in landscaping and years of working in these type jobs - why that weekend did it seem so urgent to finish that ONE job. It makes no sense. If he was that successful and had a ton of money all along - that ONE job would never have been so important. Not like it would caused him bankruptcy. He could have walked away from that job without any worry.
If, as you suppose, BM loved Suzanne and still does, I pray my husband never loves me in that way. Sheesh!
BM loves BM, IMO.

you find her cell phone
no so
IMO, this isn't exactly clear that there was no evidence of a struggle. It's definitely clear that LE is not telling AM if they have evidence of a struggle - so I think it's "too soon" to say this is a definitive no to that or simply LE refusing to answer AM's question.

Even if it is a no, I do hope that there is an aggressive prosecutor who is willing to go after BM even without a body or forensic evidence of a struggle in the house - if the rest of the evidence is as compelling as it appears to be. MOO.

But if the info AM had mentioned about SM’s phone’s last ping coming from inside the house, that seems like an unlikely scenario.

Now I’m thinking about this a little more. Actually overthinking it, probably.

But can a phone ping be literally traced to inside a home? I didn’t think pings were that specific, but rather tied to a general radius of an area.

jmo

Thx for the transcript!

Yes, Andy said there was no sign of a struggle. But he also stated that an investigator told him there was a smell of bleach. That indicates to be that the signs of a struggle had been cleaned up by the perpetrator.

Now if anyone wants a transcript for this, don't ask me. But maybe skyvoyager can help???
Moo

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

'From what I understood secondhand, they said there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the home,' Moorman told Fox 21.

Now I’m thinking about this a little more. Actually overthinking it, probably.

But can a phone ping be literally traced to inside a home? I didn’t think pings were that specific, but rather tied to a general radius of an area.

jmo
I wondered the same thing when I heard it. Maybe it's a misspeak by AM? Would a cell provider be able to tell if a phone was connected to the home wi-fi when it was powered off?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but “no sign of a struggle” does not necessarily equate to no evidence of a crime.
There was no sign of struggle in the Laci Peterson case. She was overpowered. I can see the same thing happening in this case. Think about it. If you are caught off guard by a larger person, you really don't have a fighting chance.

Or just for the DA to be comfortable that all its ducks are in a row.

It took 7 months for charges in the Dulos case, and they pretty much had what they needed from the beginning. It just took a lot of time to process everything, and put it all together.

The lesson in that one is you can leave your DNA at a bloody crime scene, have the victim’s DNA in a vehicle you used, be caught on camera literally dumping bloody evidence, and still not be charged until over half-a-year later.

There certainly are parallels to the Dulos case. However, the Dulos case didn't feature a district attorney in the fight for her political life.

If Kaitlyn Turner had probable cause to believe that a particular person(s) harmed Suzanne yet did nothing because she wanted more assurance about the eventual outcome, then I'd say that she's a careful, thorough prosecutor. However, she'd also be acting contrary to her electoral incentives in such a situation: a charge or indictment would've allowed her to appear on camera as the prosecutor who would be championing justice for Suzanne. Ms. Turner's a politician, albeit a neophyte. Would she really pass up such a great opportunity in the midst of a tough race? It's possible, though it would be the equivalent of political malpractice, IMHO.

It's actually the absence of a charge or indictment that makes me think that -- despite all the search warrants, witness interviews, electronic data -- there isn't probable cause at this time.

Remember when Barry was quoted early on - saying that Suzanne did not have any problem with him taking that job / doing that job on Sunday ? On Mother's day ? I bet Suzanne had no say in that at all. If things were so great - and they were just fine - why all of this anxiety over a job in Broomfield ?? One that he had to hurry to get people to agree to. Get people to answer at 4 am ?? Then nothing seems planned ahead. Not the right tools or anything. BM rents rooms for workers he pulled together at seemingly the last minute - for some job that really did not seem to be some huge priority. A job reportedly had not been done right months before. Suddenly - that weekend ?? It is a huge deal. On Mother's Day weekend - when BM knew his girls would be coming back from the camping trip. WOW. Just WOW !! You would think that - by all of BM's accounts of how much they were in LOVE - his recent snapshots of love letters ( Valentines ) - anything he can try to pull into his favor to show that they were so in LOVE and he missed her so much ...... that especially the weekend of Mother's day - it would be a celebration with their girls coming home and that all could be together !! Yet BM has this out of town - job that very day ?? He is pulling people together for this at the last minute. WHY ?? They obviously had plenty of money to make it - not like this job in Broomfield was the end it all - make it all job. They all should have reunited that night - had a great night together. But Suzanne goes missing in all of that - and we are to believe that she was abducted on a bike ride ??? Some mountain lion attack ??? No evidence for either.

you find her cell phone
no so

Link to this please? TIA :)

Maybe not but if I go out somewhere with someone who has a phone with them, especially if we’re planning to do something outdoors, I rarely take my phone along. Maybe he suggested a phone-free date?

I can't see SM doing this, because her girls were traveling. You could not pay (or threaten or cajole) me enough to make me leave my phone at home and go off somewhere (even on my own property) when my kids are out on their own somewhere and might need me. Even if the other person (dad or other family member) had their phone along, the prospect of one of my children needing me and calling me, only to receive no response, fills me with horrifying dread. MOO

IMO, this isn't exactly clear that there was no evidence of a struggle. It's definitely clear that LE is not telling AM if they have evidence of a struggle - so I think it's "too soon" to say this is a definitive no to that or simply LE refusing to answer AM's question.

Even if it is a no, I do hope that there is an aggressive prosecutor who is willing to go after BM even without a body or forensic evidence of a struggle in the house - if the rest of the evidence is as compelling as it appears to be. MOO.
This is, in part, what makes this case so frustrating. The only information that we have knowledge of is secondhand and there is no firsthand knowledge that LE has chosen to release to the public.

I hope this won’t devolve into a Joshua Powell scenario like where everyone KNOWS Barry is guilty, but there is insufficient evidence to prove his guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86