Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just for the DA to be comfortable that all its ducks are in a row.

It took 7 months for charges in the Dulos case, and they pretty much had what they needed from the beginning. It just took a lot of time to process everything, and put it all together.

The lesson in that one is you can leave your DNA at a bloody crime scene, have the victim’s DNA in a vehicle you used, be caught on camera literally dumping bloody evidence, and still not be charged until over half-a-year later.

I find this very comforting.

Now I’m thinking about this a little more. Actually overthinking it, probably.

But can a phone ping be literally traced to inside a home? I didn’t think pings were that specific, but rather tied to a general radius of an area.

jmo
Yes.
A system the FBI uses called CAST, shows location down to 6 meters.

From Chad Daybell's probable cause warrant.

"The Cellular Analysis Survey Team (hereinafter CAST), is an FBI unit that provides
analyses of cellphone records and presents the information to law enforcement. CAST has
analyzed Alex Cox’s phone and provided the location information mentioned in paragraph

25. The CAST analysis provides the location of Cox’s phone. Due to my training and
experience and common knowledge am aware that most individuals now keep their cell-
phones with them at all times and the location of an individual’s phone can be used to
establish the location of the owner of the phone. CAST uses cellular devices’ GPS data
points, cell tower connections, wi-fi connections, and Google tracking information to
establish the location of cell phone. The GPS data points used by CAST are considered to be highly accurate and can place the device within 6 meter radius."

cast accuracy cell phone daybells - بحث Google

DBM incorrect info

Last edited:
There was no sign of struggle in the Laci Peterson case. She was overpowered. I can see the same thing happening in this case. Think about it. If you are caught off guard by a larger person, you really don't have a fighting chance.
Exactly right. Lots of cases like this, Shannan Watts is another.

Remember when Barry was quoted early on - saying that Suzanne did not have any problem with him taking that job / doing that job on Sunday ? On Mother's day ? I bet Suzanne had no say in that at all. If things were so great - and they were just fine - why all of this anxiety over a job in Broomfield ?? One that he had to hurry to get people to agree to. Get people to answer at 4 am ??
Then nothing seems planned ahead. Not the right tools or anything. BM rents rooms for workers he pulled together at seemingly the last minute - for some job that really did not seem to be some huge priority. A job reportedly had not been done right months before. Suddenly - that weekend ?? It is a huge deal. On Mother's Day weekend - when BM knew his girls would be coming back from the camping trip. WOW.
Just WOW !!
You would think that - by all of BM's accounts of how much they were in LOVE - his recent snapshots of love letters ( Valentines ) - anything he can try to pull into his favor to show that they were so in LOVE and he missed her so much ...... that especially the weekend of Mother's day - it would be a celebration with their girls coming home and that all could be together !! Yet BM has this out of town - job that very day ?? He is pulling people together for this at the last minute. WHY ?? They obviously had plenty of money to make it - not like this job in Broomfield was the end it all - make it all job. They all should have reunited that night - had a great night together. But Suzanne goes missing in all of that - and we are to believe that she was abducted on a bike ride ??? Some mountain lion attack ??? No evidence for either.
THIS ! ^^^^

Yes.
A system the FBI uses called CAST, shows location down to 6 meters.

From Chad Daybell's probable cause warrant.

"The Cellular Analysis Survey Team (hereinafter CAST), is an FBI unit that provides
analyses of cellphone records and presents the information to law enforcement. CAST has
analyzed Alex Cox’s phone and provided the location information mentioned in paragraph

25. The CAST analysis provides the location of Cox’s phone. Due to my training and
experience and common knowledge am aware that most individuals now keep their cell-
phones with them at all times and the location of an individual’s phone can be used to
establish the location of the owner of the phone. CAST uses cellular devices’ GPS data
points, cell tower connections, wi-fi connections, and Google tracking information to
establish the location of cell phone. The GPS data points used by CAST are considered to be highly accurate and can place the device within 6 meter radius."

cast accuracy cell phone daybells - بحث Google

Love it! Thanks for this info @Boxer

A woman missing in Zion National Park was recently found, but she had a cell phone. Why were searchers not able to locate her if CAST is able to locate phone within a 6 meter radius. Does poor cell phone connectivity influence whether or not CAST works?

A woman missing in Zion National Park was recently found, but she had a cell phone. Why were searchers not able to locate her if CAST is able to locate phone within a 6 meter radius. Does poor cell phone connectivity influence whether or not CAST works?
Lady found had NO phone on her . It was a fellow hiker who spotted her and tipped off searchers

Could there be any forensic results still pending in this case?

It's certainly possible but I'm thinking that it's not likely, given the high-profile nature of this case. Then again, I'm not certain if police labs in Colorado are working at 100% capacity or if equipment/personnel have been repurposed for Covid-19 purposes.

If we had the opportunity to be given only one piece of factual information regarding any aspect of this case what would you prefer it to be?

I'd want to know exactly the piece of information that indicated to LE the 'missing during a bike ride' story was bogus (if, indeed, it is bogus).

What's yours?

If we had the opportunity to be given only one piece of factual information regarding any aspect of this case what would you prefer it to be?

I'd want to know exactly the piece of information that indicated to LE the 'missing during a bike ride' story was bogus (if, indeed, it is bogus).

What's yours?
Good one! Ditto for me :) However, I’m uber confident the bike ride “story”, was as bogus as bogus gets!

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2020/10/13/no-phone-abandoned-car-latest-missing-woman-zion-national-park/3643900001/

Yeah...but Why did they not issue a BOLO from the get-go. Considering they knew the bike was a plant, still they weren't looking, they knew she was gone.
Isn't that chilling ?
My god I think LE knew she was dead in a few days if not that evening !

Also my .02 is that they found evidence in the house search, in the form of excessive blood or other dna .
But I think LE want to find her body.
As AM said, '...fill the envelope before sealing it'.

Just only my speculation here. Have watched everything since Suzanne went missing. And LE is keeping much to the breast as they should. I go back to the very beginning. She disappears without a trace. The husband seems distraught - and offers up ways she could have disappeared. LE cannot trace her out of the home on Puma Path. Evidence is found - but still no trail. Husband has so many fishy stories and actions. Yet a courageous and full out effort is fought to find her !! Some things are suspicious but nothing pans out. Husband is still taking suspicious actions. Money and condo's and buying land and selling other property - now on Puma Path. All in less than 6 months from Suzanne disappearing. Overall - if you just pan back - just go back to the start and look at it all !! I do not believe that BM was smart enough to pull this all off by himself. He may well have looked at things way before. I do not believe that they suddenly had some argument and he said ' enough ' - and took her life in a rage. I think he was weighing things out for quite a while. Wanted things done and found a time frame - when it could work. His actions and demeanor that weekend show a stressed out and anxiety driven man. I think he did love Suzanne and still does. But he started a plan - and then he could not turn back. I think that he knew when it might happen - and then he started freaking out. I think that it was supposed to happen obviously before the girls got back. It DID happen before they got back. That should be a huge sign. She disappears - on that very weekend. It was Suzanne' girls that knew something wasn't right. They were the first ones that knew something wasn't right.
I believe that BM had help. He had a time frame to work within. IMO - he had hired help. He knew he could control a lot of things - including where Suzanne was on Saturday night. So they go and have a sandwich - in the afternoon on Sat. His way of making sure someone had seen them / her. All seems fine. Yet that very Sat night - suspicious things happen. Communication ends with her friend. Weird things about some job site with BM come to light. BM claims he had seen her in bed at 5 am - yet he is feverishly texting people about a job in Broomfield very early in the morning. Seems he had a huge amount of anxiety over all of that. Right ?? He had earlier made it sound like Suzanne was all understanding about this job site on Mother's day. Out of his own mouth !! But remember - this is out of his mouth !! If things were all screwed up with this job in Broomfield - like - I need people to do it and I need everything there and I need supplies delivered - and I will get hotel rooms for everyone......... seriously ?? If that job was so detrimental in finishing ?? At that very weekend - after all of BM's - history in landscaping and years of working in these type jobs - why that weekend did it seem so urgent to finish that ONE job. It makes no sense. If he was that successful and had a ton of money all along - that ONE job would never have been so important. Not like it would caused him bankruptcy. He could have walked away from that job without any worry.
Yes it does seem like he threw things together at the last minute....like it all just happened all of a sudden. Of course she had no say on the "job"..she was probably dead already. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07