Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

I was looking at her car in this link (posted above) Twentynine Palms towing company gives a first look at Erika Lloyd's mysteriously damaged car - KESQ

It looks like there's a ring sticker on the front windshield. I wonder if she had a camera in her vehicle or if it was just a sticker to try and deter people from trying to break in. Also noticed there's pieces of jewelry and hair bands strewn around the front passenger seat... I wonder if she was the type to keep a pretty clean car or if it was normal for things to be scattered about. (just some observations)

Please feel free to correct/add-on or add further links - most of this is from GH video.

Super brief timeline:
Jun 11-13 - Erika camping at Jumbo Rocks campground (JTNP)
Jun 13-14 - Erika in Walnut Creek with family/roomate
Jun 14 - Erika returns to Jumbo Rocks Campground - Notes in her journal that "James" & "Christian" are not there (they were supposed to be holding her site for her)
Jun 15 (?? or 16th??)- Note left on damaged car by ranger (campsite not discovered due to distance)
Jun 16 - Car leaves north entrance (29 palms) at 1:20, filmed passing school, then abandoned on Shelton Rd @4pm and towed.
Twentynine Palms towing company gives a first look at Erika Lloyd's mysteriously damaged car - KESQ

Jun 24 - Remains discovered Amboy & Wilson
Jun 25 - James Escalanta goes on bike ride to assist stranded motorist "Dee", never returns (Sherry believes he may have succumb to heatstroke)
Family looking for lost father
Aug 11 - Remains discovered (location??)
Oct 2020 - still no identification on either set of remains??

Last edited:
For her to have returned to Walnut Creek for a day, then turned around and gone back to JTNP is just strange behavior. Yes. It’s do-able. People just don’t do that though. That’s a lot of driving! Was meth involved here? This sounds like meth behavior. People you don’t know are all of a sudden your close friends. Driving hundreds of miles (apparently to retrieve something) she could have called if she needed to talk to her family. Then returning hundreds of miles to be with the new party friends??? Just a scenario in my head. This is not normal behavior, and her family should recognize that.

For her to have returned to Walnut Creek for a day, then turned around and gone back to JTNP is just strange behavior. Yes. It’s do-able. People just don’t do that though. That’s a lot of driving! Was meth involved here? This sounds like meth behavior. People you don’t know are all of a sudden your close friends. Driving hundreds of miles (apparently to retrieve something) she could have called if she needed to talk to her family. Then returning hundreds of miles to be with the new party friends??? Just a scenario in my head. This is not normal behavior, and her family should recognize that.
Agreed! That’s 1,000 miles roundtrip in basically a day. The timeline just keeps getting stranger by the day.

This case reminds me of Erin Valente. I think Erika was in some sort of altered state that could have been compounded by heat, dehydration and exhaustion, and she was unraveling.

I haven't seen anything about any water or food that she might have packed for her trip, nothing evident in the car but she could have left it at her campsite.

Her close friends say the FB video rant that Erika posted (that was re-posted by Gray Hughes) was very out of character for Erika.

Her SIL says that when Erika talked to her mom on 6/15 she was talking fast and possibly driving.

No apparent record of any communication between Erika and "James and Christian" from the campsite, on Erika's phone per her best friend. Were they just a couple guys who were camping that encountered her and assisted her or placated her when she asked them to watch her campsite?

A friend of Ericka's moved to 29 Palms in April, did Erika make any attempt to contact her while she was in the area?

Her windshield and rear window could have been broken by someone she encountered in or around the park in an act of road rage or spite or just some random delinquent. It does not appear anything was taken, coins left in console.

Was she frightened and/or not thinking clearly and felt compelled to escape despite or because of the damage to her car?

Have there been any reports of anyone claiming to have encountered her in the park? (I haven't seen any.)

Why did she drive to Shelton Road where her car was found? Was she confused or lost? Did she make a wrong turn when she left the park? Was she looking for her friend's house? How much time elapsed between when she was captured on video passing a school at 2:50 and her car being discovered blocking Shelton road? Did she damage her car trying to get turned around somewhere else and subsequently got stuck where her car was discovered on Shelton Rd?

Did she leave on foot once her car was disabled to seek shelter? Did she succumb to the harsh elements and just hasn't been found?

A terrible tragedy for her family, I hope they can get some answers and resolution soon.

MOO

I’ve been AWOL from WS for a couple of months and am finally back to check out some threads I was following and I have to say I didn’t think this case could get weirder but it sure did! Trying to play catch up. I can’t watch the YouTube video because that dude makes my head hurt. Maybe it’s worth the migraine to see what all has happened while I’ve been away.

Praying for Erika and her family.

I’ve been AWOL from WS for a couple of months and am finally back to check out some threads I was following and I have to say I didn’t think this case could get weirder but it sure did! Trying to play catch up. I can’t watch the YouTube video because that dude makes my head hurt. Maybe it’s worth the migraine to see what all has happened while I’ve been away.

BBM Amen to that @Limecat, it is downright painful at times.

MOO

@Limecat i couldn’t agree more about the pain associated with trying to listen to him lol. I did watch one of them and I almost gave up because of all the unnecessary crap at the beginning. But I will say I got some more information from watching it.

I was looking at her car in this link (posted above) Twentynine Palms towing company gives a first look at Erika Lloyd's mysteriously damaged car - KESQ

It looks like there's a ring sticker on the front windshield. I wonder if she had a camera in her vehicle or if it was just a sticker to try and deter people from trying to break in. Also noticed there's pieces of jewelry and hair bands strewn around the front passenger seat... I wonder if she was the type to keep a pretty clean car or if it was normal for things to be scattered about. (just some observations)

I don't think Ring for autos was available last June.

Welcome back!!

Adding in July 22nd & August 8th:

Super brief timeline:
Jun 11-13 - Erika camping at Jumbo Rocks campground (JTNP)
Jun 13-14 - Erika in Walnut Creek with family/roomate
Jun 14 - Erika returns to Jumbo Rocks Campground - Notes in her journal that "James" & "Christian" are not there (they were supposed to be holding her site for her)
Jun 15 (?? or 16th??)- Note left on damaged car by ranger (campsite not discovered due to distance)
Jun 16 - Car leaves north entrance (29 palms) at 1:20, filmed passing school, then abandoned on Shelton Rd @4pm and towed.
Twentynine Palms towing company gives a first look at Erika Lloyd's mysteriously damaged car - KESQ
Jun 24 - Remains discovered Amboy & Wilson
Jun 25 - James Escalanta goes on bike ride to assist stranded motorist "Dee", never returns (Sherry believes he may have succumb to heatstroke)
Family looking for lost father
July 22 - Skeletal remains about a quarter-mile south of Amboy Road and Wilson Road in Wonder Valley
Aug 8 - Remains had been found near Shelton Road and Highway 62, east of Twentynine Palms
Oct 2020 - still no identification on either set of remains??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back