GUILTY TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #4

Sept 15, 2020

FORT HOOD, Texas — The trial for Cecily Aguilar, the woman charged in connection to the death of Fort Hood soldier Spc. Vanessa Guillen was reset to start on November 30 at 9 a.m. The trial was originally set for September 28, according to

Rearraignment was set for November 10 at 9 a.m.

[..]

The Guillen family and their attorney have held numerous rallies since the soldier's disappearance to demand justice for the soldier, transparency in her case and legislation in Spc. Guillen's name - which has garnered national attention.

@Niner

Cecily Aguilar’s hearing, trial delayed | kcentv.com

Cecily Aguilar's court date pushed back two months

Sept 15, 2020

WACO, TX — An upcoming court date for Cecily Aguilar, who is accused of helping to dispose of the body of Spc. Vanessa Guillen, has been pushed back by two months.

According to court documents, rearraignment was scheduled for September 22 while jury selection and trial was set to begin on September 28.

Aguilar's counsel requested that the hearings be reset and the government did not oppose.

Rearraignment has been rescheduled to November 10, while jury selection and trial will begin on November 30.

Guillen family urges supporters to contact their representatives to support 'I am Vanessa Guillen' bill

The Guillen family made a passionate plea for help in supporting the bill.

"I would appreciate if all citizens, American citizens, and everyone here in America, pick up your phone and call your
congresswomen and men and tell them to support the bill," said Mayra Guillen, Vanessa's sister.

The bill aims to prevent another family tragedy from bringing the kind of sorrow the Guillen family has endured.

The I am Vanessa Guillen bill has 73 co-sponsors, who expect it to come up for a vote either
before the next House recess next month or shortly after the November Election.

Note: the 29-page bill can be read at the bottom of the article at this link, you have to scroll down. idk how to link the actual pdf.

^^bbm

I expect there will be a continuance on the Sept 28 court date because the media would be all over this if jury selection was in progress. Tomorrow (9/16) is supposed to be when #I AM VG bill introduced on Capitol Hill, and the publicity will have to die down before any juror selection begins.

According to the docket, these dates were set on 8/14, just before VG's funeral -- but the case has not quieted down whatsoever. (The continuance will not make the docket until entered by the court -- probably on 9/28). MOO

From the docket:

08/13/2020 #27

SCHEDULING ORDER as to Cecily Ann Aguilar: Motion Hearing (for any outstanding motions) set for 9/8/2020 09:00 AM before Judge Jeffrey C. Manske, Plea Agreement due by 9/14/2020, Rearraignment set for 9/22/2020 09:00 AM before Judge Jeffrey C. Manske UNLESS AN EARLIER DATE IS SCHEDULED WITH THE COURTROOM DEPUTY CLERK, Jury Selection set and Trial set for 9/28/2020 09:00 AM before Judge Alan D Albright. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (lad) (Main Document 27 replaced on
8/13/2020) (sm3). (Entered: 08/13/2020)

Trial date set for Cecily Aguilar, woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death

August 14, 2020

Court documents showed that Aguilar entered a “not guilty” plea and is set to appear before a judge on Sept. 28 following jury selection.

The legal teams have until Sept. 14 to enter a plea bargain, and should a plea bargain be entered, re-arraignment held on Sept. 22, according to court documents.

I'll bet Cecily feels really stupid right about now. I know if I got mixed up in something like she did I'd feel like I was the biggest idiot in Texas.

Sept 29, 2020

AUSTIN, Texas -- A federal judge has delayed the trial for Cecily Aguilar, a woman accused by authorities of helping to dismember and dispose of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen in April.

Aguilar's hearing set for Monday was instead pushed back to Nov. 30, according to officials from the U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, Waco Division

Judge Alan Albright ordered the trial to be reset after a request by Aguilar's defense team for extra time to prepare their case.

The order continued: "The failure to grant such a continuance would unreasonably deny the defendant's counsel the reasonable time necessary for effective preparation, taking into account the exercise of due diligence."

Trial Delayed for Woman Linked to Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen's Slaying

@Niner

Rearraignment has been rescheduled to November 10, while jury selection and trial will begin on November 30.

From the link:

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said the change will make the policy much tighter by ensuring everyone’s mindset is focused on finding a soldier rather than thinking of them in a disciplinary fashion.

Currently, soldiers who are missing are considered AWOL for 30 days and then are deemed deserters.

I'm glad to see this for a couple of reasons. First, there seemed to be a ticking clock when any investigation of a missing soldier could be abandoned (or not ever begin) and second, the application of AWOL/Deserter status seemed arbitrary and/or inconsistent between the missing soldier cases I've followed. MOO

Vanessa Guillen: Sister doesn’t think murdered soldier was killed on base, says evidence is sketchy [EXCLUSIVE]

“Honestly, in my heart, I don’t believe that it happened in the arms room. I don’t feel like that’s the real story. It’s so, so sketchy because they say he clocked out at 11:40. What makes me think he can do everything in 40 minutes from picking her up, cleaning up, and everything? ”

“There’s no way. I believe she was taken unconscious. There’s no telling where he might have went or with who. I don’t know if it was just him or Aguilar or more people; I strongly believe there is.”

New investigation is underway in case of Vanessa Guillen, family says

New investigation.
Hopefully finally run by someone with common sense and decency.
Great news! I don't believe Robinson killed her because she was going to report his affair. I think he was attracted to her, made advances, and she rejected him. He probably lied to Aguliar so she would help him cover up the crime. She wouldn't have been as willing if he had told her the truth.

Vanessa may have told him she was going to report him, but I doubt it was because she found pictures of Aguliar on his phone. It doesn't make sense that she would be looking through his phone or that she would know who CA was or that she was married.

Great news! I don't believe Robinson killed her because she was going to report his affair. I think he was attracted to her, made advances, and she rejected him. He probably lied to Aguliar so she would help him cover up the crime. She wouldn't have been as willing if he had told her the truth.

Vanessa may have told him she was going to report him, but I doubt it was because she found pictures of Aguliar on his phone. It doesn't make sense that she would be looking through his phone or that she would know who CA was or that she was married.
Agree.
MOO he had previously been successful at harrassment and went ballistic and murderous when thwarted.
MOO suddenly when confronted with courage by a fellow soldier that was not going to be victimized, the real risk he had been taking with his career by illegal harrassment hit him.
MOO he killed her with the intent to save his Army career.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back