Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see that he went in just to do something, as parents kept coming back and not necessarily at set times, I think he went in to take her. Then took her to a different location, and has filmed something for gratification and who knows what else, he would of been in and out like a flash.
He could of gone in the night or 2 before to sus the place out, and that's when the neighbours heard crying, more plausible I think imo

Took her into the alleged empty apartment next door?

I think they mean hamper in the public domain . I’m sure within the investigation they are asking lots of these questions themselves
HCW has indicated he believes CB acted alone, yet elsewhere he indicates other person(s) are sought (perhaps with regard to the eventual location). I need to find the 2 quotes. Yes the two statements appear to directly contradict each other. But if we trust BKA then the solution must satisfy both?

Regarding an accomplice or OC tipster.. the maintenance man NC received a call at 8:30pm to go to the OC and fix a door. His gf drove him in from Lagos, 10 min drive, and hung around waiting for him. He finished at 9pm, also at 9pm, his gf places herself in her vehicle on the exact side road that GM would walk along any second now for his 9:05pm check - the gf waited even though NC got keys from Reception and drove a company vehicle home with gf following ?! Does that seem strange to anybody ?? I wonder if he actually parked it up close by and allowed somebody else to loan it?? Also, I think it was NC who at a date later than his original statement, said he saw a man wearing sunglasses loitering somewhere within the complex X

---
Regarding an accomplice or OC tipster.. the maintenance man NC received a call at 8:30pm to go to the OC and fix a door. His gf drove him in from Lagos, 10 min drive, and hung around waiting for him. He finished at 9pm, also at 9pm, his gf places herself in her vehicle on the exact side road that GM would walk along any second now for his 9:05pm check - the gf waited even though NC got keys from Reception and drove a company vehicle home with gf following ?! Does that seem strange to anybody ?? I wonder if he actually parked it up close by and allowed somebody else to loan it?? Also, I think it was NC who at a date later than his original statement, said he saw a man wearing sunglasses loitering somewhere within the complex X
Yes they drove along the road past the apartment and past tapas reception at about the time of GM check. But they did not stop at tapas reception. They stopped and collected a van at main reception which is on a different road Rua Direita,

---

Yes they drove along the road past the apartment and past tapas reception at about the time of GM check. But they did not stop at tapas reception. They stopped and collected a van at main reception which is on a different road Rua Direita,
And this gf not only worked at OC too but her home address was Germany - she could be the friend of NF! X

I’ve never read that Nuno C said he saw a man wearing sunglasses loitering, can you post a link please Victoria?

I’ve never read that Nuno C said he saw a man wearing sunglasses loitering, can you post a link please Victoria?
I will have a search now. I'm not 100% sure of it being NC. But it was a male staff member definitely. Saw him loitering in a stairwell ? Does anybody else know of this sighting? X

Welcome, Ekliptika. I hope you keep sharing your thoughts.

That's a very good reasoning but I keep not understanding why should he take the body if she accidentally died. Anyway, even if she did with chloroform or something like that I think it should take him some time to understand she died. As he was supposed to act fast, that might occur already outside 5A.
A body is a clear piece of evidence of murder. Most killers attempt to conceal bodies.

HCW has indicated he believes CB acted alone, yet elsewhere he indicates other person(s) are sought (perhaps with regard to the eventual location). I need to find the 2 quotes. Yes the two statements appear to directly contradict each other. But if we trust BKA then the solution must satisfy both?

I took that to mean people in his social connections must know something. e.g. his girlfriend

A body is a clear piece of evidence of murder. Most killers attempt to conceal bodies.

Actually many don't conceal the body

This is why the question of staging of the crime scene is important. Staging is often to conceal cause of death, or identity. Whereas it is not unusual for abductors just to dump the body somewhere.

It is of course possible the body was simply dumped, but just through bad luck, has never surfaced.

".... but it would hamper the investigation if we give away too much information".
This really is extraordinary. The question is: exactly how would it hamper the investigation?

IMO it can really only hamper the investigation if they need a witness to come forward

CB, afterall, already knows the details and is in no position to interfere with the evidence being in prison

IMO it can really only hamper the investigation if they need a witness to come forward

CB, afterall, already knows the details and is in no position to interfere with the evidence being in prison

So are you suggesting that if the prosecution gives more clues, they would hamper the statements of the alleged witness? Ie. Pre-emptying the information?

Or if it is part of a bigger case?

I don't mean part of some major crime people smuggling ring but possibly some kind of child *advertiser censored* ring where lots of children are at risk. If he recorded something happening.

I feel very sick saying this but MM became a high profile case. The kind of warped individuals that access such material might well pay a premium to see anything related. That might snare others

So are you suggesting that if the prosecution gives more clues, they would hamper the statements of the alleged witness? Ie. Pre-emptying the information?

Well what else can be the reason?

Revealing knowledge has to somehow impact on witnesses they need - e.g maybe causing them to destroy evidence?

Frankly I have always been sceptical of this "hampering the investigation" claim - because the suspect himself knows they thunk he did it, knows what evidence might exist, and is in no position to interfere.

Or if it is part of a bigger case?

I don't mean part of some major crime people smuggling ring but possibly some kind of child *advertiser censored* ring where lots of children are at risk. If he recorded something happening.

I feel very sick saying this but MM became a high profile case. The kind of warped individuals that access such material might well pay a premium to see anything related. That might snare others
I think you’re right sadly. CB had 8000 images/videos of child and animal abuse, it must be part of a larger network to be able to access that much of it.:(

Revealing knowledge has to somehow impact on witnesses they need - e.g maybe causing them to destroy evidence?

Frankly I have always been sceptical of this "hampering the investigation" claim - because the suspect himself knows they thunk he did it, knows what evidence might exist, and is in no position to interfere.
If the evidence is a video/photo of MM, revealing they have something so damning would pile huge pressure on them to charge CB and show the McCanns their evidence. The Press would go nuts with it. That could be seen as hampering the investigation, it certainly wouldn't help BKA.

Also, HCW made another comment that they didn't want to give CB the opportunity to change his story. It could be they have something on CB that gives some indication of his movements. If CB was asked of his whereabouts back in 2013 when he was summoned, he might think LE are still unable to disprove it and be planning to stick to that alibi. If he was aware of what else LE know, he could try to mould a new alibi to suit his defence.

It is really difficult to understand. Couldn't the 'witness' destroy the evidence even by the knowledge of CB being the suspect? Or are we thinking here inadvertantly?

If the evidence is a video/photo of MM, revealing they have something so damning would pile huge pressure on them to charge CB and show the McCanns their evidence. The Press would go nuts with it. That could be seen as hampering the investigation, it certainly wouldn't help BKA.

Also, HCW made another comment that they didn't want to give CB the opportunity to change his story. It could be they have something on CB that gives some indication of his movements. If CB was asked of his whereabouts back in 2013 when he was summoned, he might think LE are still unable to disprove it and be planning to stick to that alibi. If he was aware of what else LE know, he could try to mould a new alibi to suit his defence.
But they would have to eventually tell CB abd his lawyer if CB is charged. They haven't questioned him and this doesn't appear to be something they will do before charging him. So what difference would it make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07