Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she would tell as well. However, as bad as he seems to be, I don’t see BM using meth. He’s all about appearances, so I’d peg him as a steroid user. I think he’d convince himself he wasn’t using drugs, that steroids were a “supplement”. MOO
ITA. Yet, didn't he refuse to let Suzanne use any kind of drug when she was suffering from cancer? IF this is true, it's mean and abusive.
JMO

Thank God Barry is doing his part, like countless other family members of a missing person have done before him, and will continue to do.

There is nothing more important than keeping the case in the news, as that can lead to a resolution.

It’s almost as if Barry doesn’t want Suzanne’s case to be publicized, and her killer brought to justice.

I wish we had more to report on the missing mom from Salida. Keeping her name and the case at the forefront of the news is important. #suzannemorphew #findingsuzannemorphew

https://twitter.com/natalietysdal/status/1318873458726604801?s=21

I just came across this LS video, an interview with Barry's uncle. I don't remember ever seeing this before, so here it is for anyone interested. (It's listed as "unlisted" on LS's page, does that mean she posted it but it was private until now? Has anyone else seen this before?)

If we had the opportunity to be given only one piece of factual information regarding any aspect of this case what would you prefer it to be?

I'd want to know exactly the piece of information that indicated to LE the 'missing during a bike ride' story was bogus (if, indeed, it is bogus).

What's yours?

Phone records/locations

I just came across this LS video, an interview with Barry's uncle. I don't remember ever seeing this before, so here it is for anyone interested. (It's listed as "unlisted" on LS's page, does that mean she posted it but it was private until now? Has anyone else seen this before?)

I don't think I ever saw the video, but I do remember reading about the interview with Uncle Bob and how he said that Suzanne was the nicest person you'd ever meet and they had a very happy marriage and the family was very upset about her disappearance. He said he didn't believe BM had anything to do with it. I think he also mentioned that he had not seen them in a couple of years.

I don't think I ever saw the video, but I do remember reading about the interview with Uncle Bob and how he said that Suzanne was the nicest person you'd ever meet and they had a very happy marriage and the family was very upset about her disappearance. He said he didn't believe BM had anything to do with it. I think he also mentioned that he had not seen them in a couple of years.
bbm
Good points about uncle Bob; although sometimes couples can put up a united front in the presence of family members esp. if they don't visit them very often.

A lot can change in a couple of years.

I wonder if Suzanne had started standing up for herself and began to object to BM 'handling' all of the financial decisions ?
Imo.

Thank God Barry is doing his part, like countless other family members of a missing person have done before him, and will continue to do.

There is nothing more important than keeping the case in the news, as that can lead to a resolution.

It’s almost as if Barry doesn’t want Suzanne’s case to be publicized, and her killer brought to justice.

I wish we had more to report on the missing mom from Salida. Keeping her name and the case at the forefront of the news is important. #suzannemorphew #findingsuzannemorphew

https://twitter.com/natalietysdal/status/1318873458726604801?s=21
:D:D:D

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for keeping Suzanne's case going. It is hard when there is not new information.

I want to clear something up.

Some have posted that Barry would not let Suzanne have medicine when she was fighting cancer. That is a huge charge. What I understand happened was Barry did not want Suzanne using pot for her pain and may have prevented her from using pot.. While this is pretty obnoxious on its own it is different than not allowing her to have her medicine.

If anyone can find what Andy Moorman said then post it with a link back to the info that would be great.

If Andy said this on a podcast we do not allow as a source we will allow a link back to that source this one time so we can clear up this part of the story.

Thanks,
Tricia

Yeah, I agree with the steroid thing. If he is/was taking a substance, that would be it.

He is incredibly muscular for a man his age, and although it’s possible to do that without taking steroids, the muscle gain appears to be pretty dramatic.

In order to hold his own with younger volunteer firefighters, I do think it’s quite probable that he used steroids.

A known side effect of that, is emotional volatility. This might partially explain what happened to Suzanne.

I agree that could help explain what happened.

I havent had much to add lately for this case and I am waiting on justice to prevail. I did just see another crime show just the other day and they were talking about steroid use and they claimed that it can cause people to go into a rage and go off the handle at the smallest things that will sometimes set them off. Link at bottom for some studies on it.

When that other crime show came on and started talking about steroid use, I immediately thought of this case and that it could be possible in this case. We heard him tell us that he had gotten "permission" from SM to work on Mothers Day. We also heard about what he told MG on Saturday after the Salida site work ended early that day that he had to go home to make the wife happy.

These sorts of things make me wonder if the working on weekends and working on special days like Mothers Day was a particular bone of contention. Im not convinced SM had agreed to him working at all that weekend. And especially if she knew there was a certain female that would be out of town working with him.

If abuse of steroids was involved in this case then a small argument could have turned into something much worse.
All JMO

"Case reports and small studies indicate that anabolic steroids increase irritability and aggression"

"People who misuse anabolic steroids report more anger than nonusers, as well as more fights, verbal aggression, and violence toward their significant others, sometimes called "roid rage." "

How does anabolic steroid misuse affect behavior? | National Institute on Drug Abuse

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Thank you for keeping Suzanne's case going. It is hard when there is not new information.

I want to clear something up.

Some have posted that Barry would not let Suzanne have medicine when she was fighting cancer. That is a huge charge. What I understand happened was Barry did not want Suzanne using pot for her pain and may have prevented her from using pot.. While this is pretty obnoxious on its own it is different than not allowing her to have her medicine.

If anyone can find what Andy Moorman said then post it with a link back to the info that would be great.

If Andy said this on a podcast we do not allow as a source we will allow a link back to that source this one time so we can clear up this part of the story.

Thanks,
Tricia

Just to clear it up:

73:41
suzanne wanted to try some marijuana
when she was going through her
chemotherapy because she'd heard that
really eased a lot of the symptoms
and he was so against that and i know at
one time i think it was 2013
she went through a period there where
she kind of had a breakdown
and i think she got an anti-depressant
or something to help her get out of that slump
and i know he was so against that he
browbeat her over that almost every day

(On the approval list for 1 time link only, to this particular interview)

Good after noon all. First time posting at WS but not actually new. Been lurking for a long time.
Whenever someone mentions the mountain lion I keep thinking of my friend in high school. Here is the article.

14 January 1991 About 1:00 pm, after a pepperoni pizza lunch at 7-Eleven, during 5th period at his school, 18-year-old Scott Lancaster was killed while jogging on a trail above his high school in Idaho Springs, Colorado. The youth was attacked by a mountain lion and drug yards uphill before his death. The 130 pound boy clutched at vegetation and uprooted brush as the lion pulled him to the killing ground. Though just a few hundred yards from his high school, any of Scott's screams for help went unheard. A couple of days later, Scott's body was found, guarded by the very lion that killed him and had been feeding on the boy. The healthy, male cougar was shot by hunters called to the scene. Lancaster was buried following a closed casket ceremony. This was the first death ever in Colorado from a lion attack.

So this to me even debunks his whole theory of a mountain lion. There is no way a mountain lion could take her and not leave any trace.

Scott Dale Lancaster (1972-1991) - Find A Grave....

Last edited by a moderator:
sbbm
BBM:

I'll go ahead and take issue with each of those statements.

Because I disagree with all of them.

First, there is ample evidence that CCSO has probable cause to believe that a crime was committed.
The proof of that is the fact that they've executed multiple search warrants, including 2 separate search warrants for the home and one for a property that BM worked at.

You don't get a judge to sign off on search warrants unless there's probable cause to suspect a crime has been committed.
JMO.

"Probable Cause" In Colorado For Traffic Stops, Searches And Arrests

Yes, either a crime has been committed in the house _OR_ evidence of a crime might be found there (not necessarily that the crime occurred there).

I'm not sure a pristine bike nor a discarded helmet alone carry enough weight to justify SW, negating all other elements we think we know (SM alone, BM not home, DDs not home, no known sightings).

But, we have a missing person; no reported (AFAWK) sighting of SM other than BM's claimed "5:00 AM" sighting of SM sleeping in bed.

There is no reported sighting (AFAWK) of SM out and about riding a bike.

It stands to reason LE would want to search the house and a judge would likely sign off on a SW given those exigent circumstances.

BM, being the spouse, naturally comes under at least a measured amount of suspicion. Due diligence.

Even if there were signs of a struggle at the alleged location of bike discovery and/or even if the bike showed damage, if I were leading the investigation I would seek a SW for the house given the circumstances: SM was home alone, not seen since "5:00 AM" and did the perp(s) return to the house to rob after abducting and/or disappearing SM?

This is reasonable observation.

Now... add to that what we've witnessed and did not witness, that "measured amount of suspicion" has ticked up quite a bit; he certainly hasn't done himself any favors... other than to not have his image recorded during interviews... because maybe he realizes body language experts would have had a field day.

Last edited:
ITA. Yet, didn't he refuse to let Suzanne use any kind of drug when she was suffering from cancer? IF this is true, it's mean and abusive.
JMO
IMO Suzanne was against even medical use. she was a counselor for a youth group and an advocate for no drugs within that group, so it makes more sense, that this was SM POV as well.

IMO Suzanne was against even medical use. she was a counselor for a youth group and an advocate for no drugs within that group, so it makes more sense, that this was SM POV as well.
Andy said that Suzanne wanted to try marijuana, and Barry was against it (see link provided by @Ontario Mom)

So no, it was apparently not her POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members