Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling a certain someone had ultimately tired of having a SO who'd been sick multiple times and likely experienced physical and mental issues... and the certain someone justified (in the certain someone's mind) that his 'action' would "save" the SO from further pain?

Is such a mental break possible with no obvious outward signs it occurred?

MOO - SPECULATION

IMO Suzanne was against even medical use. she was a counselor for a youth group and an advocate for no drugs within that group, so it makes more sense, that this was SM POV as well.

Who doesn't advocate for youths to stay away from drugs or alcohol? What makes you think she was against medical use for an adult?

IMO Suzanne was against even medical use. she was a counselor for a youth group and an advocate for no drugs within that group, so it makes more sense, that this was SM POV as well.

Maybe I'm having a brain cramp, but I don't remember seeing this before.
Can you please share the link that verifies this info? TIA. :)

I get the feeling a certain someone had ultimately tired of having a SO who'd been sick multiple times and likely experienced physical and mental issues... and the certain someone justified (in the certain someone's mind) that his 'action' would "save" the SO from further pain?

MOO - SPECULATION
It seems as though Suzanne had beat lymphoma for the second time though. Her chemotherapy treatments had concluded and her doctor had given her an all clear prognosis.

Perhaps Barry did not want Suzanne to beat cancer.

IMO

MOO - SPECULATION
Ita.
And BM's saying that (paraphrased by me ) "...If even one person could be saved from this thing..."
Almost as if he's letting what he may have done ooze out into his conversations.
Like a leaking blister.

I’ve never seen “a grieving, traumatized husband” behave this way.

His grief hasn’t stopped him from buying new vehicles, buying and selling property, hunting, or hitting up the gym.

When someone does literally the most selfish thing a human can possibly do, then I think it’s safe to assume they are selfish.

He’s put himself first, with Suzanne’s life on the line, and done nothing as far as getting the word out to find his (now) “kidnapped wife.”

Actually, “selfish” is probably the nicest thing I can say about him. He’s either the worst husband ever, or worse...

You're free to characterize him as you wish, but -- unless you know the dude personally -- you can't know his true character. Even then, characterizing him as "selfish" is somewhat speculative because you can never know what's going on inside his head. I can agree that some of his actions seem selfish, but I can't state with 100% certainty what his actual state of mind may be.

Respectfully, I don’t believe he is behaving like a traumatized husband. I understand everyone grieves in their own way. I know @lamlawlindy that you are a lawyer and perhaps you are right, we (the public) don’t see evidence based facts but I think LE has at least some hard evidence. I would like to know when behavior becomes evidence?
BMs Broomfield trip might be circumstantial but the chaos, timing, timeline, narrative are all suspect.
Although one might argue a grieving husband and circumstantial evidence, surely some of the events, behavior, and narrative create a cause for concern! There is a reason BM is at the center of all this. And a good one, IMO.

I'm not saying that Barry Morphew has behaved "ideally," whether as a grieving husband or as a suspect attempting to hide his crime. Some of his actions are certainly suspect. I am saying that one can't know his state of mind, therefore, characterizing him as "selfish" has no evidentiary value.

It seems as though Suzanne had beat lymphoma for the second time though. Her chemotherapy treatments had concluded and her doctor had given her an all clear prognosis.

Perhaps Barry did not want Suzanne to beat cancer.

IMO
We wouldn't know or learn of it, but it would be interesting, why Suzanne possibly got cancer a second time at all. Often are psychological problems the trigger for a serious illness like cancer. The unbalanced feeling and sorrows, she might have had, started perhaps in 2017/2018 already and continued through 2019/2020. The reason for her mentally bad time and the outbreak of her disease might be exactly the same, which ended in her disappearing/death. - All speculation and thoughts.

MOO - SPECULATION

^bbm

No. Only on farfetched TV shows.

jmo

You're free to characterize him as you wish, but -- unless you know the dude personally -- you can't know his true character. Even then, characterizing him as "selfish" is somewhat speculative because you can never know what's going on inside his head. I can agree that some of his actions seem selfish, but I can't state with 100% certainty what his actual state of mind may be.
His wife is missing and he says he believes she has been kidnapped.

I would love to hear an explanation for how not organizing searches, not hanging posters, and not drawing attention to the case, is anything but selfish.

He’s already said that he’s reluctant to speak out because of the criticism he’s received, which says it all.

Ironically, the criticism is based on him not doing all the things that every other innocent loved one has done in a situation like this, since forever.

Can you imagine going missing, and your significant other not doing the single most important thing they can do to help bring you home?

It’s unfathomable, which is why one has to make excuses for it:

He’s medicated.
He’s grieving.
He’s scared.

No.

I'm not saying that Barry Morphew has behaved "ideally," whether as a grieving husband or as a suspect attempting to hide his crime. Some of his actions are certainly suspect. I am saying that one can't know his state of mind, therefore, characterizing him as "selfish" has no evidentiary value.

Yes, many of his actions are suspect and IMO selfish. Greeting the search party looking for your wife with cameras and a gun? This list could become an uncomfortably long post.

Instead, let’s discuss the behaviors we’ve seen by BM that Are NOT selfish.

By definition, we’ve seen predominantly selfish behavior by BM.

Selfish:

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Maybe I'm having a brain cramp, but I don't remember seeing this before.
Can you please share the link that verifies this info? TIA. :)

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Suzanne also served, enthusiastically, at Grace Church in Salida, volunteering and providing lunches for students at Young-Life
. FOX21 reached out to the church for a comment. Staff there would not provide a comment on Morphew’s disappearance, but did say their church community is praying for her. As yet, no prayer vigil has been planned.

His wife is missing and he says he believes she has been kidnapped.

I would love to hear an explanation for how not organizing searches, not hanging posters, and not drawing attention to the case, is anything but selfish.

He’s already said that he’s reluctant to speak out because of the criticism he’s received, which says it all.

Ironically, the criticism is based on him not doing all the things that every other innocent loved one has done in a situation like this, since forever.

Can you imagine going missing, and your significant other not doing the single most important thing they can do to help bring you home?

It’s unfathomable, which is why one has to make excuses for it:

He’s medicated.
He’s grieving.
He’s scared.

No.
BBM:

Listen.

How many times I gotta' tell you?

BM and his buddy, who knows more about this stuff than anybody on account of he's done 400 tours of Iraq 'n Afghanistan, searched a 200 mile radius!

Plus, he put out that lengthy 27-second video right away a week after SM went missing.

He also distributed flyers scrap paper listing critical missing person baby blue bike helmet biker clothing info to all the local stores.

I can't believe how little credit you give this poor guy.

He's managed to do all this despite his incredibly busy schedule!
A schedule, I might add, which has included filing both temporary and permanent guardianship papers with the court, selling their his real estate, putting their his house on the market, grilling peanut butter, and doing the most push-ups of anybody at the gym.

You're just jealous of the fact that he can do more push-ups than you.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Listen.

BM and his buddy, who knows more about this stuff than anybody on account of he's done 400 tours of Iraq 'n Afghanistan, searched a 200 mile radius!

Plus, he put out that lengthy 27-second video right away a week after SM went missing.

He also distributed flyers scrap paper listing critical missing person baby blue bike helmet biker clothing info to all the local store.

He's managed to do all this despite his incredibly busy schedule, which has included filing both temporary and permanent guardianship papers with the court, selling their his real estate, putting their his house on the market, grilling peanut butter, and doing more push-ups than anybody at the gym.

JMO.
I’m just waiting for Barry to make an appearance on “Iron Chef.” Hopefully for his sake, the secret ingredient is peanut butter.

I wonder when it’s no longer “too soon,” and he can finally start helping with the search for his missing wife.

BBM:

Listen.

He also distributed flyers scrap paper listing critical missing person baby blue bike helmet biker clothing info to all the local store.

He's managed to do all this despite his incredibly busy schedule, which has included filing both temporary and permanent guardianship papers with the court, selling their his real estate, putting their his house on the market, grilling peanut butter, and doing more push-ups than anybody at the gym.

JMO.
PERFECTLY written, haha! :p

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Suzanne also served, enthusiastically, at Grace Church in Salida, volunteering and providing lunches for students at Young-Life
. FOX21 reached out to the church for a comment. Staff there would not provide a comment on Morphew’s disappearance, but did say their church community is praying for her. As yet, no prayer vigil has been planned.

Hmm. That doesn't say she was a counsellor for this group, or that she was an anti-drug use advocate, as the OP stated.

Yes, many of his actions are suspect and IMO selfish. Greeting the search party looking for your wife with cameras and a gun? This list could become an uncomfortably long post.

Instead, let’s discuss the behaviors we’ve seen by BM that Are NOT selfish.

By definition, we’ve seen predominantly selfish behavior by BM.

Selfish:

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Barry's "greeting the search party with cameras & a gun" is -- IMHO -- not troublesome behavior. Remember, 95% of the internet suspects him of harming Suzanne: Is it unreasonable to believe that some of the searchers may trespass onto his property intending to do him harm? Of all the things Barry has done or said, this is actually one that is reasonable.

With respect to Barry being "concerned chiefly with" his own "personal profit or pleasure," we cannot know for certain what his chief "concern" may be. One can speculate. One can call him names. One can even make educated guesses. Those aren't evidence, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member