UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the Penelope pitstop comment please? I can’t access that

Claudia's mobile was last used around 5am and NOT just after midnight as originally stated by the police. Claudia left her home after being dropped-off by a friend because there was a note through her letterbox asking if the sender of the note could meet her that evening. The sender of the note lived withing 7 minutes of Claudia's house, in the direction of the University where she worked. The sender of the note was male, married and did not want Claudia's phone number to show-up on his mobiles contacts. Claudia left her home and went to meet the sender of the note at 9pm. She took her work clothes as she intended to spend the night there and go straight to work the following morning. She took her hair straighteners because she would not be returning home to use them before going off to work. Claudia had breakfast cereal in the evening before leaving at 9pm. Her bed was made because she did not sleep at her own house that night.

If it was Claudia (and I believe, it was her), it doesn't matter much, whether Wednesday or Thursday: in any case it could have been the perp, who made her disappear.
I have questions:
Why did he have to intercept her on the way to work, in the morning before 6am, in darkness?
Why was it so urgent to speak to her in the early morning?
Why did they both stand still, why didn't he accompany Claudia on her way, because she had to be at Uni in time?
Why didn't he talk to her over the phone instead of meeting her?
Why didn't he visit her home (if he didn't)?
Who shouldn't know (if so), that the two were communicating or meeting?
Why was there no parking car? Did he come on foot?

It looks like he confronted her, when Claudia had to walk there at that certain time. It can't have been a friendly talk. First a jealous, married (or in relationship) man comes to mind, whose calls she didn't answer and who had fears of being seen with her. IMO - It doesn't help, as always. :(
It certainly does ( help )!
I think you’re spot on !

Claudia's mobile was last used around 5am and NOT just after midnight as originally stated by the police. Claudia left her home after being dropped-off by a friend because there was a note through her letterbox asking if the sender of the note could meet her that evening. The sender of the note lived withing 7 minutes of Claudia's house, in the direction of the University where she worked. The sender of the note was male, married and did not want Claudia's phone number to show-up on his mobiles contacts. Claudia left her home and went to meet the sender of the note at 9pm. She took her work clothes as she intended to spend the night there and go straight to work the following morning. She took her hair straighteners because she would not be returning home to use them before going off to work. Claudia had breakfast cereal in the evening before leaving at 9pm. Her bed was made because she did not sleep at her own house that night.
If the sender of the note was married how could she be spending the night there

Nothing known other than what the 2009 article stated, i.e. "Age47" and "lives in Cyprus and owns a fibre optics company". According to Co House records he had been the technical director for a very successful lighting company based in London from 1994 until leaving the company in 2000. He had moved up to 31 East Parade, York in approx 1995 and that was sold in 1999. His house in Heworth Rd was acquired in 1999 and his name was on the E/Roll in 2002 (no other dates available). In 2009 he lived in Cyprus and his son Blake lived at Heworth Rd, which was sold in 2013. He must have visited Heworth Rd as Blake told NYP his dad had cut his hair for him in the back garden. Blake said that NYP first searched the house in mid April (3 weeks after CL's disappearance) and again, with force, when Blake was out at work on 7th July 2009. Hopefully NYP satisfied themselves over the reason for their search and the haircut, etc.[/QUOTE

And ..... I think we just found a hugely overlooked pair of suspects .....

Very very very plausible. But what made her leave her house at 3pm ish after she found the note asking to meet around 9pm?

Who said the mobile was last used at 5am? Very interesting.

Does anyone know if any of this has been validated by any of the Cold case team?

Interesting, my goodness. :( PR begins to play a second (third) role only, now, that I've read this.

A next theory, brand new: Can it be, Claudia indeed left her country to be the secret "second" wife of someone, who spent money on her and helped her to have her own restaurant/own bar/own riding stable? IF so, her parents wouldn't have accepted it, that her daughter wanted to be in a relation with a married man in the long run, being paid by him so-to-say. Maybe, she had to disappear (in her mind) to avoid all arguments with her parents?

A next theory, brand new: Can it be, Claudia indeed left her country to be the secret "second" wife of someone, who spent money on her and helped her to have her own restaurant/own bar/own riding stable? IF so, her parents wouldn't have accepted it, that her daughter wanted to be in a relationship with a married man in the long run, being paid by him so-to-say. Maybe, she had to disappear (in her mind) to avoid all arguments with her parents?

Haven't been on here for a while because all the different theories make your head spin, so have sat back and looked at all the available information on the net and for all this looking I still think claudias killer or killers were very close to her as lack of a body or any sort of evidence leads me to think of forward planning and not the work of a random maniac, try as I might I cannot come to any other conclusion

But if you look back at all the information @Andyboy there is absolutely no evidence thats shes actually dead.

Does anybody know if Suzy and Jen are still friends/still see each other (except at memorial days etc)? I strongly suspect there’s no love lost there ...

Nothing suggests she is alive though. I think she was killed the day she went missing.

I think these suggest she is

There was a gentleman from York who had gone to live at Hartlepool who contacted Joan Lawrence to say he was convinced he saw Claudia down by the Marina he recognised her from living in York. He also told her there were boats going to Amsterdam daily.

There was a sighting of her in Amsterdam by a private detective. Personally I think this person could have been a member of the security services

The fact her parents steadfastly believe she could still be alive as far as Im aware no 'declaration of presumed death' has ever been applied for. Her Heworth Road home has never been sold.

Personally I think it was the person she was with that was the target.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member