TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unusual for a media area to be set up away from the actual crime scene, if that's what you mean by "they have Oconee Dr roped off which is nowhere near her house."

That's not what I meant. The police have Oconee Dr and Sandusky roped off which is clearly visible in one of the news clips. The media can't put police tape around a scene to rope it off for set up. They also have her home roped off as evident in the other aerial view so she was outside in her driveway at one point getting ready. Look at the pics very carefully and see that they match exactly down to the trees and manhole covers on the sidewalk. I'd have no problem being wrong but I'd bet my life she is NOT in her driveway when she was shot.

Her house is in red and below is the crime scene. Go to maps yourself and see that there is no road for the killer that matches how he got away. He would have been driving through someone's yard if he would have went the way he went in the video.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 034129.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 034129.png
    894 KB · Views: 101
I am totally following you, but why say she was in her driveway if she wasn't? I am not doubting you, just wondering what would be to gain, what advantage there is, why not say exactly where she was, who benefits, and at what cost? I know that details come in dribs and drabs and that the public is not privy to so many details in cases like these... but why say she was in her driveway if she wasn't? Why does it matter, ykwim?

ETA: Not that is DOESN'T matter, but why does it?

I am totally following you, but why say she was in her driveway if she wasn't? I am not doubting you, just wondering what would be to gain, what advantage there is, why not say exactly where she was, who benefits, and at what cost? I know that details come in dribs and drabs and that the public is not privy to so many details in cases like these... but why say she was in her driveway if she wasn't? Why does it matter, ykwim?

I have no idea why. But they did post the video of where she was. Maybe they thought no one would notice. As I’ve shown in the previous post, the house that took the surveillance video is blacked out on Google Maps. I’m guessing that’s done for privacy reasons. The previous owners sold that home in May of this year.

Sorry didn’t see the last question. Well it may not matter but for one thing the police are asking if anyone saw this truck in the street address of where she lived but wouldn’t be just as important to ask people in the area of where she was gunned down if they too saw this truck? Makes no sense to me. Look, everyone in the area knows where she was killed obviously so who knows but stating she was killed in “her” driveway if that’s what the media said is just wrong and they know exactly where she was.

Last edited:
That's not what I meant. The police have Oconee Dr and Sandusky roped off which is clearly visible in one of the news clips. The media can't put police tape around a scene to rope it off for set up. They also have her home roped off as evident in the other aerial view so she was outside in her driveway at one point getting ready. Look at the pics very carefully and see that they match exactly down to the trees and manhole covers on the sidewalk. I'd have no problem being wrong but I'd bet my life she is NOT in her driveway when she was shot.

Her house is in red and below is the crime scene. Go to maps yourself and see that there is no road for the killer that matches how he got away. He would have been driving through someone's yard if he would have went the way he went in the video.

So, if the crime scene photos show the garage sale items in her driveway, but you think she was having the garage sale in another location, who moved around all the garage sale items in order to change the location? Did LE come in and move all the evidence around to her home location before taking crime scene photos?

I'm trying to make sense of this theory and am having a difficult time.

I also think that, because a house is blurred out in Google Maps, it doesn't necessarily mean its the house where the cameras that recorded the crime were located. That can happen for various reasons.

So, if the crime scene photos show the garage sale items in her driveway, but you think she was having the garage sale in another location, who moved around all the garage sale items in order to change the location? Did LE come in and move all the evidence around to her home location before taking crime scene photos?

I'm trying to make sense of this theory and am having a difficult time.

I also think that, because a house is blurred out in Google Maps, it doesn't necessarily mean its the house where the cameras that recorded the crime were located. That can happen for various reasons.

I saw the aerial view too looks like stuff that was left over from when she moved to the other street she was on. I said this as humbly as I can, I’m 100% certain where she was. All the pics I posted match exactly down to the angles, trees and manhole covers. If someone can show me I’m wrong I’m certainly open to it but at least show me why other than saying you’re wrong. I don’t mean you. Actually I’m open to anyone who can refute what I’ve posted. To me this is a huge detail and makes me wonder why she went to that area. If it was because it was a better area for traffic for example then why not say so.

OK I'm puzzled about something. It doesn't appear from the video that she was set up for this garage sale in her own driveway. Looks like she is set up on a corner but there is no corner near her house? The truck drives straight past her on his right crossing over her street then past a house with a car in the driveway to his left which I assume is the house with the video. Can someone please show me an aerial view of where she was? I know I've got to be missing something but from the photos I've seen they don't match where her driveway is. Thanks
Not seeing it- the video matches her house and the crime scene photos perfectly. I have seen a version of the video where you can see the car pulling down the street and parking. She was definitely not on the corner. A lot of these sub divisions are built in a pattern, perhaps other places also look similar.

I saw the aerial view too looks like stuff that was left over from when she moved to the other street she was on. I said this as humbly as I can, I’m 100% certain where she was. All the pics I posted match exactly down to the angles, trees and manhole covers. If someone can show me I’m wrong I’m certainly open to it but at least show me why other than saying you’re wrong. I don’t mean you. Actually I’m open to anyone who can refute what I’ve posted. To me this is a huge detail and makes me wonder why she went to that area. If it was because it was a better area for traffic for example then why not say so.

Here is the report from thread one that has the block information and actually states that it happened in HER driveway.

I also recall that she had a ring door bell camera that heard her speak to the killer but was blocked from view by the garage wall. Moo. If this posts twice - sorry, gremlins at work.
Woman gunned down while setting up for garage sale dies; suspect sought

Here is a still of the truck making a right off of Gilbough Dr on to Oconee Dr and if you look at the map this leads to Cedar but if he would have taken a left it would have put him at the corner of where she was set up. So did this guy go to her house to make sure her husband was gone first then go to where she was? If so then how did he know where she was? I added a pic that matches the one from the video. If he would have went left you go to the first intersection and she would have been set up on the left on the corner.

If you're basing this off of the video of the truck, there was a second recording of the truck in the neighborhood (different than the recording from across the street from her house).

Here is a still of the truck making a right off of Gilbough Dr on to Oconee Dr and if you look at the map this leads to Cedar but if he would have taken a left it would have put him at the corner of where she was set up. So did this guy go to her house to make sure her husband was gone first then go to where she was? If so then how did he know where she was? I added a pic that matches the one from the video. If he would have went left you go to the first intersection and she would have been set up on the left on the corner.

that pic of the truck rounding a corner was from a different area of the development. LE probably released it in hopes someone recognized the truck. It’s probably one of the better photos they have of the vehicle. I’m not seeing any conspiracies here.

compare this real estate listing pic to a still of the video. The tree is the same. It’s her house. I don’t get what the question is.

Also, anyone can request to blur their home in google street view.

8623 Cedar Walk Dr, Tomball, TX 77375 | Zillow

Attachments

• FB258C09-2C9A-4B74-AE04-517A8BABD43A.jpeg
    FB258C09-2C9A-4B74-AE04-517A8BABD43A.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 106
  • B79A85CE-0C13-4BDF-BE3F-1443D9957DF1.jpeg
    B79A85CE-0C13-4BDF-BE3F-1443D9957DF1.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 1C25D82E-5051-4184-8706-4A2FD04F429B.jpeg
    1C25D82E-5051-4184-8706-4A2FD04F429B.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 97
Well, well, the killers are no doubt reading this, thinking they got away with it, but looking over their shoulder every single day. We're approaching the 2 year mark in January but I'm not worried. Look how many cases take much longer to lead to an arrest. It will happen. We have not given up. #JusticeForLiz #PrayersForHerFamily

Does anyone know what this warrant was for, and if the warrant resulted in anything (apologies if I missed it in this thread)?

Results of warrant could expose who killed woman setting up garage sale

"On Sunday, Harris County homicide detective Michael Richie hinted at "something coming down the pike" in the case. He said there is now a warrant in the case, stating, "I feel that the results of that warrant will be critical in the investigation and most likely will expose a suspect and who's responsible for this."

This article was from Jan 2020. So almost a year ago. IMO Could be that something's in the works and that there'll be a break in the case if they've spent the past year sorting through data/gathering evidence?

Does anyone know what this warrant was for, and if the warrant resulted in anything (apologies if I missed it in this thread)?

Results of warrant could expose who killed woman setting up garage sale

"On Sunday, Harris County homicide detective Michael Richie hinted at "something coming down the pike" in the case. He said there is now a warrant in the case, stating, "I feel that the results of that warrant will be critical in the investigation and most likely will expose a suspect and who's responsible for this."

This article was from Jan 2020. So almost a year ago. IMO Could be that something's in the works and that there'll be a break in the case if they've spent the past year sorting through data/gathering evidence?

Your post and its reminder of the aforementioned warrant made me curious as to what happened after it was mentioned in January. The Harris County District Clerk's website allows users to search for all manner of arrest records, warrants, "special minutes," etc. (free registration is required first). I believe that a warrant similar to the one detective Michael Richie mentioned might appear in the "special minutes" category, but lacking any of the pieces of info required to search in that category--case number, warrant ID, etc.--I was unsuccessful in turning up anything that might shed light on this mysterious warrant. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, here's the site: Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

Your post and its reminder of the aforementioned warrant made me curious as to what happened after it was mentioned in January. The Harris County District Clerk's website allows users to search for all manner of arrest records, warrants, "special minutes," etc. (free registration is required first). I believe that a warrant similar to the one detective Michael Richie mentioned might appear in the "special minutes" category, but lacking any of the pieces of info required to search in that category--case number, warrant ID, etc.--I was unsuccessful in turning up anything that might shed light on this mysterious warrant. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, here's the site: Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records
I finally had the AG get back with me this past week. In previous posts I said that I had made an open records request of HCSO and when they said they had nothing to give me, I appealed to the AG.

after 6 months, the AG is closing the case because they say that when an entity continues to maintain that they do not have a record, the AG has to take them at their word.

remember we have news articles going back to 2019 in which HCSO state that they DID do a warrant. So... either they were lying at the time and did not in fact have a search warrant, or they are lying now and actually DO have one.

I finally had the AG get back with me this past week. In previous posts I said that I had made an open records request of HCSO and when they said they had nothing to give me, I appealed to the AG.

after 6 months, the AG is closing the case because they say that when an entity continues to maintain that they do not have a record, the AG has to take them at their word.

remember we have news articles going back to 2019 in which HCSO state that they DID do a warrant. So... either they were lying at the time and did not in fact have a search warrant, or they are lying now and actually DO have one.

That's totally bizarre. I don't know what to make of that. Can they lie about not having a warrant if they do so for investigative reasons (i.e. making details of a warrant public could alert a potential suspect)?

That's totally bizarre. I don't know what to make of that. Can they lie about not having a warrant if they do so for investigative reasons (i.e. making details of a warrant public could alert a potential suspect)?
No, the rules of the Texas public information act are clear. They cannot withhold a search warrant or lie and say one doesn’t exist when it does. They can seal a warrant for up to 60 days, but that’s it.

Is it possible the warrant doesn't mention what case or person it's connected to? Or could the warrant be filed in a different county? I wonder how it works when the warrant is for electronic records with a major phone or internet company.

Do we know what time the vehicle drove through the neighborhood the night before? When they were presumably casing the house?

Any chance it could be something as horribly random as road rage taken too far ? Car follows her home, comes back next day to confront driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong