Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I would've advised him not to allow them. Regardless, he was well within his rights to protect his property.
I don’t think this is complicated.

Barry was Barry, and did exactly what we would expect him to do. I joked when the search was first announced, that searchers should flood the area around his property, just to drive him nuts.

He’s controlling, and he’d lose his mind. That’s why the gun thing wasn’t surprising.

All these people had gathered to help find his missing wife, and he couldn’t help himself but confront them.

But that drew negative headlines, and what does Barry do every single time there is a negative headline?

He responds.

So he allowed searchers on his property to change the narrative. I think this is pretty easy math.

Barry was Barry, and did exactly what we would expect him to do. I joked when the search was first announced, that searchers should flood the area around his property, just to drive him nuts.

He’s controlling, and he’d lose his mind. That’s why the gun thing wasn’t surprising.

All these people had gathered to help find his missing wife, and he couldn’t help himself but confront them.

But that drew negative headlines, and what does Barry do every single time there is a negative headline?

He responds.

So he allowed searchers on his property to change the narrative. I think this is pretty easy math.

That may be correct, which -- again --points to his need for a spokesman or counsel to assist him. That doesn't mean that he didn't have the legal right to keep others off of his property.

You may be on to something here. I do feel like this could be a possibility.

Also, factor in the the covid lockdown. I wonder if it was a culmination of things that ultimately made him “snap”?

I think what disturbs me so much about this theory is that it gives a wife-murderer an “out”. It subtly blames the victim (in this case a woman battling cancer), for causing a man to “snap”.

I realize that is not your intent, nor that of the original poster who posited the idea. Theories are all valid here. And I also realize that a violent murder may not have much pre-planning, so I can understand the idea of “snapping”.

But I’m not buying into it. She wasn’t killed because her illness was too much for him to take. Or because he wanted to spare her from more suffering.

It reminds me way too much of O.J. and this gem:

“Let’s say I committed this crime, even if I did, it would have to have been because I loved her very much, right?” —O.J. Simpson

Nonsense. It’s murder.

jmo

He responds.

The Gun thing was surprising to me, I thought surely he would not be that stupid. That was a Frazee moment IMO

What is he protecting his property from exactly? They were volunteers there from around the country looking for HIS wife?

As I stated previously:

Remember, 95% of the internet suspects him of harming Suzanne: Is it unreasonable to believe that some of the searchers may trespass onto his property intending to do him harm?

Why would protecting one's own property be idiotic? I think it's rather laudable.

I can’t praise Barry for toting a gun and walking his land during the search for his wife. He had other options available to him-call LE and tell them that searchers were trespassing. I believe LE would have asked that searchers respect Suzanne’s property. Hire a person or persons to keep your property secure-heck, it’s nobody but you watching your pennies these days. Ask a couple of your buddies to do the patrolling for you. Hang those trail cams long before the search party arrived, and get out of Dodge. You can watch from your condo and call the cops on trespassers.

So you are saying she was advocating her own personal marijuana use and volunteering for an organization which rigidly forbids it, at the same time? Do you really think SM was that type of person?
IMO
I think she was the type of person who was suffering from a very serious illness, who was willing to explore an option to alleviate her suffering.

What a horrible person. Or something.

As I stated previously:

Remember, 95% of the internet suspects him of harming Suzanne: Is it unreasonable to believe that some of the searchers may trespass onto his property intending to do him harm?

Unreasonable? Yes. Nobody would be able to do harm with so many eyes on the property. Certainly, say going while he is away hunting and nobody is there would make more sense regarding the property. To do him harm? There’s been far more opportunity before and after the search if that was someone’s intention.

These are merely MOO. I don’t claim to have any insight except what he’s given us. He has done himself no favors.

I can’t praise Barry for toting a gun and walking his land during the search for his wife. He had other options available to him-call LE and tell them that searchers were trespassing. I believe LE would have asked that searchers respect Suzanne’s property. Hire a person or persons to keep your property secure-heck, it’s nobody but you watching your pennies these days. Ask a couple of your buddies to do the patrolling for you. Hang those trail cams long before the search party arrived, and get out of Dodge. You can watch from your condo and call the cops on trespassers.

I agree that Barry had other options, but why should he leave his property if he doesn't want to do so? I also agree that he should've put the cameras up months ago, along with perimeter alarms. I'll criticize him for not being diligent but not for protecting his own property.

As I stated previously:

Harm him? Why was he there at all?? He has a condo in Poncha Springs which he claims he moved to to protect his girls. If he wanted to protect his property, Mr. Money Bags Morphew should have hired some security for the PP residence and stayed in PS. Why even put yourself in that position. Oh, I forgot, he’s stooopid. JMHO

You can call it stupid if you wish, but Barry defending his property is something I think is perfectly fine.

All is JMO:

When I read that BM was spotted walking the property line, with a shotgun strapped over his shoulder, I actually laughed out loud. Not because it's funny, but it's so over the top it's utterly ridiculous to draw attention to himself when he KNEW AM's searchers would be there that day. It was staged, just like the bike.

That was done for 1 thing and 1 thing only: to present an intimidating/threatening presence to drive home his "warning" about anyone trespassing on his land.

Was this legal? 100%, no questions asked.

Was this smart? Oh man, yes... if you're going for the ultimate Get Off My Lawn scenario worthy of memes all over social media.

I've followed true crime for coming up on 50 years and I'll tell you, I've never seen an innocent man act this way. Never. Not once.

He's either as guilty as it gets or he's one for the journals/articles/case studies.

jmo

Last edited:
Unreasonable? Yes. Nobody would be able to do harm with so many eyes on the property. Certainly, say going while he is away hunting and nobody is there would make more sense regarding the property. To do him harm? There’s been far more opportunity before and after the search if that was someone’s intention.

These are merely MOO. I don’t claim to have any insight except what he’s given us. He has done himself no favors.

There hasn't been another time when hundreds of people descended on Chaffee County at one time, some of whom may have had hatred of Barry in their hearts. I agree that Barry has made missteps -- I'll criticize him for not being more diligent about protecting his property -- but I won't criticize him for the fact that he actually protected his property.

Harm him? Why was he there at all?? He has a condo in Poncha Springs which he claims he moved to to protect his girls. If he wanted to protect his property, Mr. Money Bags Morphew should have hired some security for the PP residence and stayed in PS. Why even put yourself in that position. Oh, I forgot, he’s stooopid. JMHO

Again, he has no legal duty to retreat from his PP home and go to PS. You can consider his protecting his property as "stoopid" if you wish. I will not do so.

So you are saying she was advocating her own personal marijuana use and volunteering for an organization which rigidly forbids it, at the same time? Do you really think SM was that type of person?
IMO

Are you being serious? She was considering medical marijuana use for her own personal battle against cancer. What type of person does that make her? A person with an illness.

What is the source of your organization rules? Is it the substitute teaching database? Is it from her Church website?

jmo

Been thinking.... working in close quarters with bleach/ chlorine, what would that do to my fingertips and my eyes?

I wonder when he came in for the first of 3 - 30 hours of questioning. Will we read about a deliberate, convenient delay?

JMO

ALL is JMO:

When I read that BM was spotted walking the property line, with a shotgun strapped over his shoulder, I actually laughed out loud. Not because it's funny, but it's so over the top it's utterly ridiculous to draw attention to himself when he KNEW AM's searchers would be there that day. It was staged, just like the bike.

That was done for 1 thing and 1 thing only: to present an intimidating/threatening presence to drive home his "warning" about anyone trespassing on his land.

Was this legal? 100%, no questions asked.

Was this smart? Oh man, yes... if you're going for the ultimate Get Off My Lawn scenario worthy of memes all over social media.

I've followed true crime for coming up on 50 years and I'll tell you, I've never seen an innocent man act this way. Never. Not once.

He's either as guilty as it gets or he's one for the journals/articles/case studies.

jmo

It is the ultimate Get Off My Lawn moment. However, I'm a Gen-Xer! You just know that a good many of my fellow Xers & me are going to be warning kids (rifle in hand) to get off our lawns! :D

I’m trying to think of something unselfish that Barry did. Something genuine that made you think, hey maybe he didn’t do this... If anybody can cite an instance, please do. I really cannot think of anything.

I guess maybe letting the searchers onto Puma Path. Unselfish, or his lawyer told him he better let them search.

Who knows?

jmo

IMO

Have to come out of lurk mode for this one.

There’s a huge difference between recreational drug abuse and following a physician care plan that includes a prescribed means to alleviate symptoms.

Two completely different animals.

A terminal patient for example, on a hospice plan of care that includes physician prescribed narcs to alleviate pain isn’t a junkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46