TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to re examine the photos, and, granted one of them was of WCJD after being autopsied, but there were a few features that didn't match too well. similar, but not close. the stories they give are almost identical, though
This only reminds me of how unreliable the countless sketches/ reconstructions of WCJD are. One looks drastically different from the other, that for a while I thought, "Well, no wonder this girl hasn't been identified, she has 4 faces." Does anybody agree? I do believe now that Carl's current reconstruction is the most accurate from a comparability standpoint based on the autopsy photo.

Not sure if my reference to how delicate she was is the remark in question, but I will clarify I mean her facial features, especially her nose.

Something was mentioned in Simone Ridinger's thread that brought me back to the possibility of her being WCJD. I know it has been discussed previously, and I had moved away from the idea.

Were people aware Simone had a boyfriend in jail, and had been visiting him? I wonder if she may have met other inmates during this time? I wonder when her boyfriend was released? What became of him? Simone was only 17, but had left high school, and was living on her own when she disappeared.

This is what caught my attention. Perhaps nothing, but leaving it here in case:

"On Sept. 17, police visited Ridinger’s boyfriend, who was in the Billerica House of Correction at the time. He told them Ridinger had stopped writing to him and he sounded concerned, police said.
Ridinger had special visitation privileges at the jail the day police talked to the boyfriend, but she never showed up, according to police reports."

When Simone went missing in 1977, she was 17. Our girl on this thread was found murdered in 1980. If this is Simone, she would have been 20. This girl looks YOUNG.

I agree this girl looks young. I'm just not able to 100% rule it out in the curious part of my mind. I keep returning to it.

Edited: and I guess if they're both in CODIS, they should be rule outs?

Last edited:
Something was mentioned in Simone Ridinger's thread that brought me back to the possibility of her being WCJD. I know it has been discussed previously, and I had moved away from the idea.

Were people aware Simone had a boyfriend in jail, and had been visiting him? I wonder if she may have met other inmates during this time? I wonder when her boyfriend was released? What became of him? Simone was only 17, but had left high school, and was living on her own when she disappeared.

This is what caught my attention. Perhaps nothing, but leaving it here in case:

"On Sept. 17, police visited Ridinger’s boyfriend, who was in the Billerica House of Correction at the time. He told them Ridinger had stopped writing to him and he sounded concerned, police said.
Ridinger had special visitation privileges at the jail the day police talked to the boyfriend, but she never showed up, according to police reports."

Do you know the name of Simone's boyfriend?

Do you know the name of Simone's boyfriend?

It wasn't mentioned in the article. I spent a little time on the weekend trying to find other mentions of him/more info, but wasn't able to find anything. He would be off limits for sleuthing here, but would be interesting to know if he was relocated, released, etc.

I still wonder about Bennie Dupnik Jr. He was from Port Aransas/Rockport area. He was a wild kid who supposedly stole cars and went joyriding. He murdered a bar owner in Port A and was sent to Huntsville. He was 16 at the time and he had a sister a year or two younger and two older sisters. He is dead now (murder/suicide). His younger sister would have been around WCJD’s age.

I just dont think anyone reported this poor girl as missing....
I will cry tears of joy when she is ID!

This does make the most sense. If WCJD is another young girl who moved from one family member to another, and/or was a runaway, from one of those situations where people thought she was reported missing, but really wasn't, etc.

So, we really need that 1st grade teacher or much younger sibling or second cousin or kid that remembers her from when they were even younger than when she was brutally murdered to see these sketches and make the connection. :(

I feel that this case might be solved the same way as Orange Socks, maybe a new sketch will be created and it’ll crack the case wide open.

I feel that this case might be solved the same way as Orange Socks, maybe a new sketch will be created and it’ll crack the case wide open.
Wasn’t her case solved by genetic means?

Is Margaret Holst a ruleout? I have some thoughts, but assume since both have DNA she would be? Edited: I am still having trouble viewing ruleouts. Thank you!!

Is Margaret Holst a ruleout? I have some thoughts, but assume since both have DNA she would be? Edited: I am still having trouble viewing ruleouts. Thank you!!

I'm unsure if she has been ruled out per DNA, however, Margaret did have crooked teeth (her upper front teeth), i think that WCJD had straight teeth.

This only reminds me of how unreliable the countless sketches/ reconstructions of WCJD are. One looks drastically different from the other, that for a while I thought, "Well, no wonder this girl hasn't been identified, she has 4 faces." Does anybody agree? I do believe now that Carl's current reconstruction is the most accurate from a comparability standpoint based on the autopsy photo.

I completely agree. Has anyone taken the time to compile all the actual photographs in one place so we can kind of gauge what she looked like in life, but without the reconstructed images? I've seen a few autopsy photos but I'm not sure which were taken at what point in the process of making the body "acceptable" for the funeral viewing. I think it could help to get a fresh look at the actual person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa