GUILTY MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest* #2

More info and photos at the link:

'Cannibal', 51, accused of murdering and mutilating a man named Kevin Bacon is deemed fit for trial | Daily Mail Online

"Shiawassee County District Judge Ward Clarkson ruled Mark Latunski competent for trial this morning and slated his preliminary hearing to commence on October 23, public defender Doug Corwin revealed to WILX-TV.

The 51-year-old has been charged with the murder and mutilation of Kevin Bacon, 25, who was found dead inside a secret room in the basement of Latunski’s Bennington Township home on December 28 – four days after he was last seen alive.

Bacon was found by police suspended from a ceiling by his ankles. He had been stabbed twice, before having his throat cut.

Investigators say Latunski admitted to later cutting off the victim’s testicles with a knife and eating them."

Maybe it’s just the prevalence of media... but it sure seems like a lot of very extreme cases these last few years. A young adult spies a girl at a school bus stop & returns weeks later to kill her parents & abduct her for 83 days. A son kills his parents, uses household cleaners to submerge decomposing parts and boils his mother’s head. A man kills a date he met online & burns her body in the backyard. This guy hangs his victim upside down & pulls a Hannibal Lecter. Is it media, just me, or the world is factually getting scarier & more disturbing? Smh

Maybe it’s just the prevalence of media... but it sure seems like a lot of very extreme cases these last few years. A young adult spies a girl at a school bus stop & returns weeks later to kill her parents & abduct her for 83 days. A son kills his parents, uses household cleaners to submerge decomposing parts and boils his mother’s head. A man kills a date he met online & burns her body in the backyard. This guy hangs his victim upside down & pulls a Hannibal Lecter. Is it media, just me, or the world is factually getting scarier & more disturbing? Smh

It's not just you, I've been thinking the same thing.

The other thing I have noted that is becoming more and more commonplace in that murder victims disappear and their bodies are never recovered. These killers are becoming more and more savvy at finding ways to hide bodies and dismemberment is a common theme. They still get caught but the victims remain "missing".

I wonder how Latanski was going to dispose of Kevin?

MOO

It's not just you, I've been thinking the same thing.

The other thing I have noted that is becoming more and more commonplace in that murder victims disappear and their bodies are never recovered. These killers are becoming more and more savvy at finding ways to hide bodies and dismemberment is a common theme. They still get caught but the victims remain "missing".

I wonder how Latanski was going to dispose of Kevin?

MOO

Just reading about this crazy awful case for the first time.

Re: BBM
I too wonder where he was going to put his remains. Because wherever that is, there could be more victims there waiting to be discovered.

"Months before Bacon’s death, police said two other Grindr dates had escaped from that same secret basement. Terrorized, they had run for their lives, police said. One called 911 in the middle of the night, but neither had pressed charges, according to authorities."

FBI warns of dating apps after man found naked, mutilated in secret room of Michigan basement

Good to bump into you again Hatfield. Yes a horrific case.

Thanks Bravo. Im kind of glad I had not followed this case until now. What a horrific murder.

I really do think he may have killed other victims. It sure sounds like he tried to kill at least two other people based on the linked article above. A real monster we have with this one.

Statistically, violent crime has been on a real downward trend until very recently but most violent crime is just normal crime. These sort of truly horrendous crimes are more a matter of mental health, which is something that is both limited in its public treatment options and socially stigmatized.

The media does certainly cover these crimes more but that's only an indicator of the public's appetite for these sort of stories which itself could be taken as a gauge of society's "mental health". The audience clicks the stories, their meta rating rises and people in crisis see them as an option.

On the other hand, criminal justice has progressed tremendously. It's almost impossible for serial killers to operate anymore in our society and with social media prying into everyone's lives, murder groups are nearly impossible since invariably some member would write something about it online that someone would see.

It's a whole new kind of terrifying now though that it feels like nearly anyone could turn into a psycho killer under stress or off their medication. It's truly a societal problem and there are a lot of ways we could be addressing it, better public treatment of mental health being probably the best since there are constitutionally arguable issues with censoring the media and making examples of the perpetrators of exceptionally lurid murders.

The media does certainly cover these crimes more but that's only an indicator of the public's appetite for these sort of stories which itself could be taken as a gauge of society's "mental health". The audience clicks the stories, their meta rating rises and people in crisis see them as an option.

It feels like a double edged sword at times. MOO I'm glad Kevin will get justice.

From Websleuths FB:
Tonight we have lots to talk about. Leigh Egan and Jacquelyn Gray join us at 10:00 PM Eastern. Leigh and Jacqueline update us on the the horrific murder of Kevin Bacon...not that Kevin Bacon.
Also Barry Morphew talks to a reporter
And more
Click on the link below at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight for Websleuths YouTube Live
https://tinyurl.com/qqhq3dv

ML was back in court today. He claimed KB was suicidal and consented to being murdered and even discussed how it would be done. I don't believe that happened at all, but the defense they are trying out...Assisted suicide.
The article below is extremely graphic and disturbing

Mark Latunski, suspect in Kevin Bacon's murder, to stand trial

ML was back in court today. He claimed KB was suicidal and consented to being murdered and even discussed how it would be done. I don't believe that happened at all, but the defense they are trying out...Assisted suicide.
The article below is extremely graphic and disturbing

Mark Latunski, suspect in Kevin Bacon's murder, to stand trial
Wow. That’s a big grasp of the proverbial straw. Can’t imagine anyone buying that hogwash. Assisted suicide... smh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back