Michigan - Coronavirus COVID-19

Michigan chief medical executive warns of possible ‘second wave’ of coronavirus pandemic

More than 120 outbreaks reported since Oct. 8, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun says

LANSING, Mich. – Michigan’s chief medical executive, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, and other health officials are sending a message to Michiganders, saying it’s possible the state is entering the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

“In many places across the state the cases are the highest they’ve been throughout the entire pandemic,” Khaldun said...

I believe we are going into a 2nd wave across this country and the globe

Michigan chief medical executive warns of possible ‘second wave’ of coronavirus pandemic

More than 120 outbreaks reported since Oct. 8, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun says

LANSING, Mich. – Michigan’s chief medical executive, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, and other health officials are sending a message to Michiganders, saying it’s possible the state is entering the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

“In many places across the state the cases are the highest they’ve been throughout the entire pandemic,” Khaldun said...

I believe we are going into a 2nd wave across this country and the globe

University of Michigan quarantine, isolation housing occupancy pushes past 50%

ANN ARBOR – Quarantine and isolation housing occupancy at the University of Michigan stood at 52.2% on Monday, according to the school’s COVID-19 data dashboard.

Mary Markley residence hall is currently housing the most students with positive COVID-19 cases. U-M and the Washtenaw County Health Department on Saturday released an order requiring all residents in Markley to practice enhanced social distancing and to stop attending in-person classes for 14 days...

UM under stay-home order attributes spike to social gatherings

Washtenaw County is experiencing a rapidly growing number of COVID-19 cases, and leaders at the University of Michigan warned many of them can be traced back to maskless social gatherings around the Ann Arbor campus.

In response to the surge of cases in the county, the Washtenaw County Health Department on Tuesday issued a two-week, stay-at-home emergency order. The edict is immediate and runs through 7 a.m. Nov. 3.

UM President Mark Schlissel, along with Provost Susan Collins and Vice President for Student Life Martino Harmon, held a virtual meeting and posted a message Tuesday about the order, saying it's preventative because coronavirus cases among 18-24-year-olds have not led to increased hospitalizations or death rates...

Emergency stay-in-place order issued for University of Michigan students to stop COVID-19 spread

Students must stay in residence unless going to class, accessing dining, doing other approved work

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – An emergency stay-in-place order has been issued for University of Michigan students, requiring them to stay at their residences with few exceptions due to COVID-19 outbreaks.

The order is effective immediately and will continue through 7 a.m. Nov. 3, according to the Washtenaw County Health Department.

Under the order, undergraduate students must stay in their residence unless they’re attending class, accessing dining services or carrying out approved work that can’t be done remotely...

Emergency stay-in-place order issued for University of Michigan students to stop COVID-19 spread

Students must stay in residence unless going to class, accessing dining, doing other approved work

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – An emergency stay-in-place order has been issued for University of Michigan students, requiring them to stay at their residences with few exceptions due to COVID-19 outbreaks.

The order is effective immediately and will continue through 7 a.m. Nov. 3, according to the Washtenaw County Health Department.

Under the order, undergraduate students must stay in their residence unless they’re attending class, accessing dining services or carrying out approved work that can’t be done remotely...

I am having some medical issues: normally I would go to University of Michigan for a 2nd opinion, but i won't now because of the uptick in Covid cases on their campus.

University of Michigan officials say spike in COVID-19 cases come from parties, not in-person classes

Stay-in-place order issued Tuesday

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – University of Michigan health officials said on Tuesday that a spike in COVID-19 cases was not because of in-person classes, but because of social gatherings...

Thanks for the info but because of the uptick in cases, i would not trust going to U of M Hospital: i imagine they are treating at least some of these Covid cases.

Michigan GOP lawmakers propose new COVID-19 response plan

Proposal aims to give control to county officials

LANSING, Mich. – With Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s COVID-19 emergency orders struck down by the Michigan Supreme Court, GOP lawmakers are stepping in and offering their own potential response plan...

The new proposal aims to give county officials control over how they want to handle procedures, instead of establishing procedures based on identified regions...

What will holidays look like with COVID? Michigan offers guidance on travel, gatherings

‘Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others’

Coronavirus cases are rising in Michigan and around the country -- and many are asking -- what will the holidays look like?

If you’re looking for some guidance, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has issued a guide on holiday travel and gatherings.

“Celebrating the holiday season with family and friends is one of our most cherished traditions,” said Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health. “Even though the way we celebrate may have to be different, the guidance issued today shows there are still many ways to spend quality time with family and friends safely during this festive season.”...

Michigan governor warns rise in cases could force state to move backward in plans to tackle COVID-19

Governor’s interview comes day after state reported record breaking 3,338 new cases

DETROIT – Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer talked about the possibility of a second shutdown during an interview with Local 4 News Sunday morning, a day after the state reported an alarming new milestone in coronavirus cases.

The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 158,026 as of Saturday, including 7,182 deaths. Saturday’s update represents 3,338 new cases and 35 additional deaths.

It marks the state’s highest single day increase in COVID-19 cases...

I don't dislike Governor Whitmer as much as many in our state, but Michiganders will not stand for another state-wide shutdown. JMO

Last edited:
Northville Public Schools buses can’t run Monday as drivers quarantine due to COVID exposure

District says positive COVID-19 case reported within transportation operations

NORTHVILLE, Mich. – The Northville Public Schools district did not have enough bus drivers available Monday morning due to COVID-19 exposure that has drivers quarantining.

Only special education transportation runs were available Monday morning. The rest of the K-12 transportation was unavailable. Here is the release from the district on Monday morning...

Northville Public Schools: More than 75 students in quarantine after out-of-school parties

Superintendent says activities outside classroom put students at risk for COVID

NORTHVILLE, Mich. – The Northville Public Schools district superintendent sent a letter to families, students and staff on Wednesday explaining why more than 75 of the district’s roughly 7,000 students are quarantining.

In her letter, Superintendent Mary Kay Gallagher said she believes the district has had effective protocols to keep kids safe in school amid the coronavirus pandemic this fall. However, Gallagher said out-of-school parties, and in one case a party bus, without social distancing or mask-wearing put dozens of students at risk of contracting the virus. Gallagher said two positive cases of COVID connected with the out-of-school parties resulted in more 75 quarantined students as of Wednesday.

This impacts students at Northville High School and some of their siblings at home who attend other schools in the district...

Winter Blast Weekend 2021 in Downtown Detroit canceled due to COVID-19

DETROITWinter Blast Weekend organizers announced that the 2021 event has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.

The event has been held in Downtown Detroit for the past 16 years. The coronavirus pandemic has led to many events being canceled or postponed.

“Between a spike in cases both nationally and in Michigan and suggested limitations in large gatherings by both the CDC and State of Michigan, we have made the decision to focus our efforts on planning in 2022," said Jon Witz, the festival’s producer...

There is no indication as to how he contracted Covid-- I always like to know how people contract the virus---
Right, I do too. Maybe he was in a care home? Or a care giver or family. Just sad because he made it to 83. Probably also rings close to home. My dad is 83. With so many deaths every now and again I like to pause a moment and remember an individual, even if I didn’t know them.

Right, I do too. Maybe he was in a care home? Or a care giver or family. Just sad because he made it to 83. Probably also rings close to home. My dad is 83. With so many deaths every now and again I like to pause a moment and remember an individual, even if I didn’t know them.

The tragedy of all these deaths, is there are so many that people forget each one of these people had a family and friends and will be missed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862
Back