Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
:p:D:( I like your timeline without specific times, because they are not fixed anyway. Imagine: we have the end of October already and nothing is fixed since May 10th (May 8th, May 9th)! 5 months BM had time to work on all needed things - except finding his "only love" and the mum of his daughters. But why invest time and money, when he exactly knows, what happened. I'm curious, what he will be doing next. Maybe he will cancel the suspended reward?
RBBM
I doubt he’ll cancel it, he actually thinks it makes him look like a “loving” husband, not! No one can claim it anyway, there will be no “safe return.” :(

What I would like to see is the individual who put up the additional $100,000 to match his bogus reward, change the conditions of their offer to, “for any information leading to the arrest of the individual responsible for SM’s disappearance.” Maybe a couple of “methheads” could use a few bucks right about now. :cool: JMO

RBBM
I doubt he’ll cancel it, he actually thinks it makes him look like a “loving” husband, not! No one can claim it anyway, there will be no “safe return.” :(

What I would like to see is the individual who put up the additional $100,000 to match his bogus reward, change the conditions of their offer to, “for any information leading to the arrest of the individual responsible for SM’s disappearance.” Maybe a couple of “methheads” could use a few bucks right about now. :cool: JMO

I just looked at his Facebook page in the wee hours to see if any comments, update or repost of her missing
Nothing since June 17th original share

RBBM

The anonymus source can't do it without BM, even if they wanted to do so. IMO

I have a theory that is complete speculation. It has been weighing heavy on my mind and I'd like to share it. We have heard about the strong smell of chlorine at the house and hotel. Most of us immediately speculated that this smell indicates the possibility that bleach was used to clean up a crime scene. However, IMO she was drowned in the hot tub along with her phone. She was then placed in the bucket of the bobcat that was loaded on the trailer, and then the body was disposed along the route to Broomfield. This is a simple theory, but BM is simpleminded.

Would SM’s killer, if given the opportunity to go back in time, do it again? Maybe just clean a few things up?

Is the killer today happy with outcome?

Just wondering?

That is an interesting question.
I want to believe that he regrets killing her and wishes that he had chosen a different solution to his problem.

However, from what I've seen and heard so far, my intuition tells me that he wasn't able to envision any other solution that he could live with. She had to go.

I image that his ego is deformed and leads him to believe that he had a right to kill her and a right to get away with it.

So I do think that he wishes that he had planned this better. The thing that's sinking his ship fast, is his inability to know what others see when they look at him. He's living in his own little world, where his bluster and lies have gotten him what he wanted.
Those days are over.

I assessed a young man who decided it would be fun to ring a random doorbell and shoot whoever answered the door. He described how, afterwards, he was upset, not because he shot someone, but because his planning was flawed.

I think Suzanne's killer is upset about the same thing.

All moo, of course. Speculation.

I have a theory that is complete speculation. It has been weighing heavy on my mind and I'd like to share it. We have heard about the strong smell of chlorine at the house and hotel. Most of us immediately speculated that this smell indicates the possibility that bleach was used to clean up a crime scene. However, IMO she was drowned in the hot tub along with her phone. She was then placed in the bucket of the bobcat that was loaded on the trailer, and then the body was disposed along the route to Broomfield. This is a simple theory, but BM is simpleminded.

I've discounted the "bleach odor in the home" idea since, it just strikes me as awfully convenient that after we were informed the hotel room had a strong chlorine odor, then someone allegedly told AM the house did too. No mention of this ever, until the DM came out about the hotel, the wet towels, chlorine, etc. We really have no idea who the source is, about the home smelling like that so I can't really put much importance on it.

jmo

RBBM

It is/was a horrible reward. MOO the subtext: don't bring her back if she is damaged.

Did he tow the bobcat to Broomfield? It may not have been needed but should be easy for LE to confirm. I personally think she went west on 50.

Terms of Friend's Offer of Reward?
The anonymus source can't do it without BM, even if they wanted to do so. IMO
@FromGermany Respectfully, if friend wanted to modify terms of reward offer, imo, friend could do so. IIUC friend could bifurcate his reward offer from BM's offer, or friend could withdraw his offer of reward altogether at any time.

... there will be no “safe return.” :(
What I would like to see is the individual who put up the additional $100,000 to match his bogus reward, change the conditions of their offer to, “for any information leading to the arrest of the individual responsible for SM’s disappearance.” ...:cool: JMO
@SuziQ sbm Agreeing w you, I'd like to see friend change condition of offer.
Warning: Hair Splitting Alert? "Any info leading to arrest" phrasing may be overly broad.
For ex, LE's investigation leads to arrest of perp, say, a resident of Gunnison County. So a rando tipster who gives LE only that info -'perp lives in Gunnison Co.'- after arrest, then claims friend's $100,000 modified reward?
Is reward offer intended to apply to a teensy, tiny, eenie weenie bit of info like that? If I offered a $100 reward for an arrest, I'd hesitate to pay even that much for such a general tip.

CrimeStoppers (type of) reward-groups' more specific language solicits tips and allows CS Awards Committee to determine whether a given tip led to the arrest. For ex, Denver County CS (not Chaffee County) describes its procedures: How it Works — Metro Denver Crime Stoppers.

But, yes, agreeing w you: the friend or anyone, even BM, offering reward could phrase it to solicit
info w fitting terms, not w an illusionary, pipe-dream 'safe return' condition. jm2cts.

Last edited:
Would SM’s killer, if given the opportunity to go back in time, do it again? Maybe just clean a few things up?

Is the killer today happy with outcome?

Just wondering?
No way. This did not go as planned. If he were to do it again, he’d certainly do it differently.

He never figured he’d receive this type of scrutiny, and his life has fallen apart.

Hate to see it :eek:

“No questions asked” still strikes me as so tone deaf and uncaring

It sounds like somebody stole his dog. If they brought it back..no questions asked.

It seems so absurd to say that. Did he just want her dropped off on the doorstep while the guy flees?

Who would drop her off when she could incriminate them?

It sounds like somebody stole his dog. If they brought it back..no questions asked.

It seems so absurd to say that. Did he just want her dropped off on the doorstep while the guy flees?

It wouldn't be up to BM to have no questions asked if a criminal act had occurred.
I remember another husband who last year had a missing wife under suspicious situations, also asked for his wife to be safely returned, no questions asked. That was the Barbara Thomas case. She has never been found.

Last edited:
Barry guarding the perimeter of his PP land is exactly like the Silverback gorilla I've compared him to in the past. I almost expect to see his knuckles dragging on the ground. He's very much about brawn, territory, beating his chest to show alpha male dominance, and chasing away possible interlopers. He could be one of the animals featured on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom if that was still in production. Besides, if you really want someone to "you kids get off my lawn" nothing works better than a pizzed-off menopausal woman, no weapon needed. ;)

IMO
LOL, you actually made me laugh out loud and scare my cat! :p:D

Remember another man who said about the conditions of the safe return of his wife ?
(paraphrased)"...set her by the road....no questions asked...".
Struck me as such odd wording.
A 69 year old lady who went 'missing' in the Mojave desert under questionable circumstances.
Imo
Suzanne's case even more so.
Edit : I see @kkdj beat me to it ! :)
Great minds think alike and all that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88