Missouri - Coronavirus COVID-19

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri continued to report record numbers of coronavirus cases over the weekend and the rate of positive cases remains high across the state.

On Saturday, the state reported a record 2,357 new cases of COVID-19, according to its online virus tracker. Sunday’s increase of 1,768 cases was smaller but still substantial. The state now has 156,696 cases of the virus and 2,582 deaths since the pandemic began.

The state said the positivity rate for coronavirus tests over the last seven days is 19.7%, and six counties reported rates above 50%. The counties with positivity rates over 50% are Holt, New Madrid, Osage, Stoddard, Dekalb and Moniteau counties. Holt County led the state with a positivity rate of 63.2%.

Coronavirus update: Missouri reports record number of COVID-19 cases over weekend | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – An emotional plea Monday from people on the front lines of the region’s fight against the coronavirus and from those who lost a loved one. They said if we don’t act now, things are looking bleak not too far down the road.

Dr. Alex Garza, head of the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force, said that area hospitals are at or near capacity in taking care of COVID-19 patients.

Garza said the region has seen 353 hospital admissions in the latest 7-day average and it hasn’t been that high since May.

“If we continue down the path we’re on right now, if we don’t start listening to science and wear masks and stop gathering in large crowds, things could potentially get much worse,” he said.

St. Louis area hospitals at or near capacity treating COVID patients | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Much more at link

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – An emotional plea Monday from people on the front lines of the region’s fight against the coronavirus and from those who lost a loved one. They said if we don’t act now, things are looking bleak not too far down the road.

Dr. Alex Garza, head of the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force, said that area hospitals are at or near capacity in taking care of COVID-19 patients.

Garza said the region has seen 353 hospital admissions in the latest 7-day average and it hasn’t been that high since May.

“If we continue down the path we’re on right now, if we don’t start listening to science and wear masks and stop gathering in large crowds, things could potentially get much worse,” he said.

St. Louis area hospitals at or near capacity treating COVID patients | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Much more at link

Yesterday I was talking to my Missouri friend. He says that a "Covid Fatigue" has set in. People aren't talking about it and they don't worry about it. He said he went to a store that had a "mask required" sign posted, but no one including him was wearing a mask. He seemed rather pleased with that.

Unfortunately, my friend's health is poor. He has at least six of the risk factors for Covid mortality. I don't think that either he or his wife could survive. I gently remind him of the risk, but he doesn't care.

Yesterday I was talking to my Missouri friend. He says that a "Covid Fatigue" has set in. People aren't talking about it and they don't worry about it. He said he went to a store that had a "mask required" sign posted, but no one including him was wearing a mask. He seemed rather pleased with that.

Unfortunately, my friend's health is poor. He has at least six of the risk factors for Covid mortality. I don't think that either he or his wife could survive. I gently remind him of the risk, but he doesn't care.
I think most Missourian's are like that. I just watched a high school volleyball game from my grandsons high school. The majority of people do not wear mask. Most that do were school officials. Missouri is generally very lax about wearing mask. When we go the grandsons football games dh and I always wear mask. Most people don't.

Kansas is the opposite depending on the county where you live.

I feel from now on it might be a regular part of my routine, virus or not.

jmo

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.– The Missouri Department of Health is reporting this morning that its COVID-19 Dashboard is having issues.

The department says its overnight data extract for daily reporting failed due to technical issues.

The department says it is being run again but the process could take several hours. There was a problem with the dashboard earlier this month as well.

Missouri COVID dashboard is having problems updating | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

I keep checking for the update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back