CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys the hell out of me, is that his sister has mostly escaped scrutiny in all of this. This is old news to many of us, but she was the one trashing Shanann the most. She just took advantage of the anonymity of the internet.

She spread lie after lie, and multiple gullible idiots just ate it up, and did the work for her.

They’re the family from hell.
Absolutely. I remember reading in the discovery documents/police interview with Frankie, Shanann's brother - he was reading the Facebook messages between him and Chris' sister. Here Frankie is showing compassion and offering comforting words to the sister - when it's HIS sister missing. And she could not even be gracious or appreciative. All she did was rant to him about trolls and people accusing Chris. Literally NOTHING about how his sister and the girls were "missing." That family has never been able to look past themselves. These people are so off imo.

I'm sorry, is there a vom emoji?? WTF. Yes, annihilating his family was SUCH a blessing.

I can't even listen to his mother so obsessed with his little league TROPHIES. That was just weird. Thank goodness his family got his favorite Steelers football jerseys back. These conversations with his mother are just whackadoo. imo.
There are no words. This woman, CW’s mother, is pathetic. Denial doesn’t begin to describe her state of mind. She has doubts? Who does she think put those little girls in the oil tanks? Shannan? She was dead. I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for any of them. Can you imagine how they face neighbors, friends, colleagues who all know what their precious son and brother did? I have no sympathy for what they face in the future.

I skipped to the end and listened to a couple calls after sentencing. His mother actually said that "they had nothing but a theory". Umm, yeah if his plan had worked and the bodies were never found. Maybe that's why she glommed onto the wacko conspiracy theorists, thinking the general public is as stupid as some nutjob with a YouTube channel.

The most nauseating part was them mentioning how "thousands and thousands of people around the world support him and love him" like he is some self-sacrificing wounded hero rather than a family annihilator. JMO

Families like this create murderers like him: you can just imagine him growing up and the family enabling and excusing all kinds of behavior "my boy would never do anything like tha't- blah blah blah

One of the things that really bothered me in the calls was how his mother said they just used that whole "victim rights thing" (only being allowed to speak at the court sentencing to give a "victim impact statement") so that they could talk to Chris. And how nothing the victim advocate said on their behalf in court was true and that Cindy's only agenda was to talk to Chris. "We only did it to talk to you." What kind of person has absolutely no regard for the actual victims (you know, the MURDER VICTIMS that included her own grandchildren), let alone NO empathy for the Rzucek family, the actual victims - whose daughter was MURDERED by Cindy's son. The casual, defiant way she scoffed at how she had to use the "victim rights thing", which again, is MEANT FOR VICTIMS OF A CRIME to speak in court, only as a way/guise to speak to Chris was so disturbing.

One of the things that really bothered me in the calls was how his mother said they just used that whole "victim rights thing" (only being allowed to speak at the court sentencing to give a "victim impact statement") so that they could talk to Chris. And how nothing the victim advocate said on their behalf in court was true and that Cindy's only agenda was to talk to Chris. "We only did it to talk to you." What kind of person has absolutely no regard for the actual victims (you know, the MURDER VICTIMS that included her own grandchildren), let alone NO empathy for the Rzucek family, the actual victims - whose daughter was MURDERED by Cindy's son. The casual, defiant way she scoffed at how she had to use the "victim rights thing", which again, is MEANT FOR VICTIMS OF A CRIME to speak in court, only as a way/guise to speak to Chris was so disturbing.

RBBM There are far more out there than we'll ever know. :(:mad:

did he have any kind of criminal record before this? i'm in the uk,i know of the case, but not finer details

No. But this family did have a problem with managing finances. They had a bankruptcy in 2013, and at the time CW killed his family they were in financial problems again. Of course, that didn't stop CW, from taking his girlfriend out for an expensive dinner, while his wife was on a business trip.

They absolutely disgust me!
puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

There are no words. This woman, CW’s mother, is pathetic. Denial doesn’t begin to describe her state of mind. She has doubts? Who does she think put those little girls in the oil tanks? Shannan? She was dead. I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for any of them. Can you imagine how they face neighbors, friends, colleagues who all know what their precious son and brother did? I have no sympathy for what they face in the future.
MAR 7, 2019 - 31 page CBI report included in the article
Christopher Watts confession details murders of Shanann Watts, daughters
The confession, made to investigators during a Feb. 18 prison interview and detailed in a report released Thursday by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, is the first time Watts has confessed publicly to killing his daughters. He said he smothered Celeste, 3, first and dumped her body in an oil tank while 4-year-old Bella watched. After watching what happened to her sister, Bella asked, “Is the same thing gonna happen to me as Cece?”

He then smothered Bella, who fought back.
It’s quite shocking his family speaking out like this - knowing everything we now know ..
JMO

I've asked before, but I guess I just don't understand why they're doing this.
What are they hoping to accomplish?
Thoughts? Anyone?
I’m only on the read #7 here but skipped ahead to dec 2018 #65-I’m now thinking they hope to rewrite history and have more recent web search results portray their narrative and the truth somehow gets buried further down in search engine results ?

I am appalled at what he did (And what came out later) and would slink out of sight and hope the story would fade away if I were his mother/sister etc - there seems to be something wrong in that family IMO

I've asked before, but I guess I just don't understand why they're doing this.
What are they hoping to accomplish?
Thoughts? Anyone?
It's very revealing information we hadn't seen until recently. When the plea deal was requested and accepted by CW, he didn't tell his family first. And, he had not received, by his own will IIRC, their calls since he was put in jail in August. So, suddenly just before Thanksgiving (2018) we heard about the plea deal, at the same time they did. So they finagled "victims" rights, since the Watts were grandparents of the kids their own son murdered. They were allowed to visit with him via monitor the night before the sentencing. I don't think we've seen those videos/tapes yet. (?) During the sentencing, they were represented by a sincere, thoughtful victims rights advocate who spoke for them in court (Cindy and Ronnie). The advocate said, in part, that they (RW/CindyW) hadn't received all the information from the DA before they made the hurtful comments towards the dead Shan'ann a few days earlier during TV interviews. Those nasty interviews are definitely still online, (probably also over in the WS media thread, as they were bonafide MSM Denver media interviews) where they spend time roasting the dead SW. So, these tapes appear to be a meeting with them (CW, Ronnie, Mom, Sis) not long after he was sentenced, or even once he is in Wisconsin. Maybe someone has an idea of the date.

So these tapes are real important, IMO, because the tapes show the Watts as we've all come to see them. Pretty disgusting. Cindy even admits that she said whatever she had to say to get to see CW before the sentencing, and that she didn't share any of those sentiments that the advocate expressed for Cindy and Ronnie in court. Astounding, if you have been following all the drama. At one point SW's name is brought up, and Cindy says "We know what she was like", in an acid voice. But CW actually sticks up for SW against his own mother.

So, I wish someone would provide a transcript, but I know that means sitting through a disgusting familial farce, IMO. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure there IS a transcript on YT but I can't link to it.

So, the information is very valuable but the actual facebook site looks like some music site which switched to true crime a few days ago as they got their hands on the tapes. The group history is open to the public.

As I mentioned earlier, the audio of these tapes was posted on YT at least a month ago, if not longer.

So, "what are they trying to accomplish" IMO one goal could be getting a list of FB sites from which they can harvest friends lists for future "whatever they do with friends lists", we can use our imagination since once a friends list is accessed, depending on how all those people have set up their own privacy, a person can harvest the data of many many friends, all of those new friends of friends, on and on. I thought it was curious that they let people who hadn't signed up, ie me, see their list of FB people who already did sign up. Usually IMO, the signee lists are hidden from the general public, even from people signed onto those pages unless they comment in the group. Or another goal could be maybe they are just seeking some cred to switch into the true crime community. JMO.

A more interesting question is how they got those videos, IMO. I doubt it was from the Watts family, it doesn't present them as being decent people, IMO.

If anyone wants to correct me on any of this....have at it, this is all IIRC. The tapes are all over the internet now, so there is no need to use FB.

Last edited:
Sick family dynamic. Controlling mother. Perfect family, everything's perfect. If it's not perfect, push that out of mind. Manipulate, control. Everyone caters to Momma or Momma cries. Momma shuts down till attention is returned.

I can't fathom actively denigrating any murder victim.... but this is a young mother and two little girls and an unborn baby... and WE KNOW WHO DID IT. I haven't heard a SINGLE THING that shows Shan'Ann as anything but strong and careful and deliberate and enthusiastic, a lovely addition to any family.

But clearly Chris is emasculated... how dare he marry and move away, obviously he's being controlled by "her"... which is WHAT HE WAS RAISED TO DO... have a women who will tell him what to do. Only thing is, the first one wouldn't cut her apron strings held on....

Judged everything. Blamed everything on the victim... Chris is perfect.... high school trophies to prove it.

I've never encountered anything so hard to listen to. Alternate reality.

IMO they've decided HE would never do THIS so SOMEONE must have MADE him. The ugly idea that the interrogators floated THAT WAS NEVER CW's explanation, until they offered it, as an interrogation tool toward confession. Incremental. But it stuck. Chris was weak... was forced to do something terrible because of what proceeded it.

I won't even put that theory into words because it's grotesque. And IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. He annihilated his family. On purpose. Unprovoked.

You watch. He will have penpal girlfriends. All dominate woman types, who will feel sorry for him, pump him up, tell him what to feel, and how to feel.

Bet he wants to Google, "how do I write great letters?" "When is the right time to write 'love'?" Like a third grader....

Honestly he strikes me as emotionally stunted and I think we know why. Like someone who takes a bite of ice cream, then asks his mommy, "do I like this?" No adult emotions, no adult problem solving skills.

Which is why his people are speaking out IMO. They believe that, if they could've talked to him freely, without being recorded, they could have TOLD HIM TO go to trial. They'll clean up his mess for him. Reduced charges. Some kind of bizarre self defense, as if. Because look at him. Handsome. Has trophies. He shouldn't be in prison forever.

The mental gymnastics to make that make any kind of sense are intestine-binding.

Bottom line, IMO THEY think none of this would've happened if he'd never married HER. So it's HER fault.

And that's just gross.

Chris Watts made decisions all along the way, including planning to and executing his entire family with his bare hands.

No, Daddy.

Indefensible.

JMO

It's very revealing information we hadn't seen until recently. When the plea deal was requested and accepted by CW, he didn't tell his family first. And, he had not received, by his own will IIRC, their calls since he was put in jail in August. So, suddenly just before Thanksgiving (2018) we heard about the plea deal, at the same time they did. So they finagled "victims" rights, since the Watts were grandparents of the kids their own son murdered. They were allowed to visit with him via monitor the night before the sentencing. I don't think we've seen those videos/tapes yet. (?) During the sentencing, they were represented by a sincere, thoughtful victims rights advocate who spoke for them in court (Cindy and Ronnie). The advocate said, in part, that they (RW/CindyW) hadn't received all the information from the DA before they made the hurtful comments towards the dead Shan'ann a few days earlier during TV interviews. Those nasty interviews are definitely still online, where they spend time roasting the dead SW. So, these tapes appear to be a meeting with them not long after he was sentenced, or even once he is in Wisconsin. Maybe someone has an idea of the date.

So these tapes are real important, IMO, because the tapes show the Watts as we've all come to see them. Pretty disgusting. Cindy even admits that she said whatever she had to say to get to see CW before the sentencing, and that she didn't share any of those sentiments that the advocate expressed for Cindy and Ronnie in court. Astounding, if you have been following all the drama. At one point SW's name is brought up, and Cindy says "We know what she was like", in an acid voice. But CW actually sticks up for SW against his own mother.

So, I wish someone would provide a transcript, but I know that means sitting through a disgusting familial farce, IMO. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure there IS a transcript on YT but I can't link to it.

So, the information is very valuable but the actual facebook site looks like some music site which switched to true crime a few days ago as they got their hands on the tapes. The group history is open to the public.

As I mentioned earlier, the audio of these tapes was posted on YT at least a month ago, if not longer.

So, "what are they trying to accomplish" IMO one goal could be getting a list of FB sites from which they can harvest friends lists for future "whatever they do with friends lists", we can use our imagination since once a friends list is accessed, depending on how all those people have set up their own privacy, a person can harvest the data of many many friends, all of their friends, on and on. I thought it was curious that they let people who hadn't signed up, ie me, see their list of FB people who already did sign up. Usually IMO, the signee lists are hidden from the general public, even from people signed onto those pages unless they comment in the group. Or another goal could be maybe they are just seeking some cred to switch into the true crime community. JMO.

A more interesting question is how they got those videos, IMO. I doubt it was from the Watts family, it doesn't present them as being decent people, IMO.

If anyone wants to correct me on any of this....have at it, this is all IIRC. The tapes are all over the internet now, so there is no need to see it on a FB group.

Wow, that's a lot to take in. I haven't followed at all since he was arrested so I was definitely not aware of all this. Thanks for taking the time to explain it in such detail.

The phone call tapes have been floating around the Internet since at least five months ago, but I had not heard them before.

They are so ridiculous, especially in light of the murders Chris Watts committed.

A few highlights:
Cindy is appalled that Chris didn't IMMEDIATELY receive the letter she overnighted him! Chris tries to explain that the jails have policies, officials have to screen/read everything before the letters are given to him, that people sometimes smuggle things into letters, even drugs behind the stamps etc. Cindy is all, "There was none of that on them!" and can't comprehend that HER letter couldn't bypass the whole process. Cindy's all, "You just got it today?? Unbelievable." And huffing away. (Probably hangs up to give the Weld County Jail a poor yelp review on their mail delivery time.)

Cindy and Ronnie start complaining to Chris about how "there's bad stuff coming out about our family... that Shanann's parents are saying about them! "That your dad has substance abuse problems, Jaimie was wild, etc.” Chris asks: “Like, stuff from the past, or stuff like now?” Ronnie replies, “Well, stuff evidently from the past, they’re saying substance abuse from me and Jaimie Lynn moved in and out, and was a rebel and stuff.”

WHICH ARE EXACTLY THE THINGS THAT CHRIS TOLD THE INVESTIGATORS!! Almost verbatim. But his parents are attacking Shanann's family for supposedly saying these things.

One of the worst parts is when is family is telling him, "We support you 100%. We know what she was like."

Seriously. You know, I could maybe buy that if say, Chris had simply had an affair and his parents were like, "Okay, we get it. We know what she was like." But he murdered his pregnant wife and his two little girls and put them in oil tanks!!! No matter WHAT his wife was like, that is not in any universe remotely understandable or a reasonable action.

The other thing is I had never read Shanann's full letter to Chris until I saw it in the Netflix video. Shanann was even like, "I'll do anything. I will be civil to your mom, etc." She was not combative at all. She was loving and loved him and willing to be reflective and accommodating, And this is what he did. And his parents attack her. The victim.

SBM
Cindy and Ronnie start complaining to Chris about how "there's bad stuff coming out about our family... that Shanann's parents are saying about them! "That your dad has substance abuse problems, Jaimie was wild, etc.” Chris asks: “Like, stuff from the past, or stuff like now?” Ronnie replies, “Well, stuff evidently from the past, they’re saying substance abuse from me and Jaimie Lynn moved in and out, and was a rebel and stuff.”

WHICH ARE EXACTLY THE THINGS THAT CHRIS TOLD THE INVESTIGATORS!! Almost verbatim. But his parents are attacking Shanann's family for supposedly saying these things.
SBM
I was just going to say that!! Weren't those interviews with CW in the 2000 page discovery as transcripts? I know a lot of interviews were in there. I can't remember when the actual videos became available, maybe with the discovery? If I had access to all that stuff, like every other citizen of the world did, why didn't his own parents bother to read it/watch it?

I was just going to say that!! Weren't those interviews with CW in the 2000 page discovery as transcripts? I know a lot of interviews were in there. I can't remember when the actual videos became available, maybe with the discovery? If I had access to all that stuff, like every other citizen of the world did, why didn't his own parents bother to read it/watch it?
I don't think that discovery document had been released before those November 2018 calls were made, but I'm not positive of when they were. It's just so irritating to listen to those calls. Shanann's family didn't do this, your son did.

I was thinking that the sister didn't come to Colorado for the sentencing, yet there she is on these new videos. She wasn't in court, IIRC. IIRC the discovery came out right after the sentencing, like later that day. Maybe someone else remembers. There was a huge amount of data released, but did the interviews (ie CW/Coder/Tammy) come out at the same time? I tend to think that these "new" videos weren't from the day before the sentencing, but maybe they were. I would have thought that Cindy would have been a lot less giddy at that point. Trying to absorb that he was admitting he did it all. And I had the idea that they had separate access to CW, ie that they saw him individually on a monitor with a time limit. Maybe @Colorado303 remembers the sequence of events, and which videos these are, ie before the sentencing or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member