Found Deceased MO - Marina Bischoff, 39, Kansas City, 28 May 2020

I listened to the Vanished podcast episode on this case a week or two ago and it has been on my mind since. It is such a strange case, but also seems like it would have such a clear solution. Given Marina's high anxiety and general personality, it is quite clear that she would not simply get up and leave if she was in her right mind. It does sound like she was absolutely experiencing a psychotic break- probably brought on by the high stress and anxiety. Is there a way we can get ahold of the video footage from her in the parking lot at the police station?? If they are denying any foul play then they can't argue against releasing it with an FOIA request...

Sorry guys, apparently we aren't allowed to talk about The Vanished pod anymore for some reason even though it's direct info coming from family & friends of the missing.

I know, right? I keep watching and waiting. And I keep watching friends and family say that we need to put more pressure on the police to expedite the results. And I wonder how much influence the police really have to effect the timeline of the forensics. I think about the huge, years-long back log of rape kits that still need to be tested. I'm still Pollyanna. I just don't see anything nefarious by the police. I see a lack of money and personnel that is holding things up. I don't know if I'm right, but I do hope there is a legitimate reason for the delay.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police say officials have positively identified a decomposing body found earlier this summer as missing Kansas City social worker Marina Bischoff.

Bischoff vanished after she left the Kansas City Police Department’s Shoal Creek Division on May 28. She had been arrested for a DUI and leaving the scene of a crash the previous night. She left the Shoal Creek Division around 7 a.m. May 28, and friends and family didn’t hear from her again.

Decomposing body found in Shoal Creek this summer ID’d as missing KC woman Marina Bischoff | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

This news makes me so sad, and also very frustrated and angry at the police that allowed this to happen to her. They have not released the cause of death and but given the condition of the remains I think it is safe to say that whatever happened a horrible way to die. For me, this sadness is compounded by the fact that she was apparently a very cautious, anxious and somewhat fearful person. To live like that and then die in this tragic and preventable manners is just awful.

It's also so hard because every time her name is mentioned, it's in the same breath with "DUI," but the circumstances regarding that charge are so bizarre and unbelievable that I can't help thinking the DUI charge would have easily been contested and dropped at some point, had she lived and the case been allowed to move forward.* And that charge can have so much shame and blame associated with it that it hurts even me who didn't know her that it will be attached to her life and death forever now.

(*by which I mean, there was no blood or breath test, she was clearly having a larger mental/medical problem, she told them "I drank three bottles of wine!" but she weighed like 85 pounds, etc etc.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back