CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where cadaver dogs on the property before the RV left?
Not so sure, but good point on the dogs picking up on things...
Sorry, not sure there were cadaver dogs used ever. I know the initial search was on foot, on horseback, and with hounds. I imagine they were tracking search type hounds they used that Sunday looking for an alive Dia. Not sure if LE or that special search team used cadaver dogs later.
No trace, heard nothing and saw nothing. I think she was gone either alive or dead well before he called LE. Maybe even days before. As I said early on...I'd grill that repair guy to see if he really talked to her on the day of her disappearance.
As you know, I'm doubting now if Dia's body was in that RV that particular weekend, too. Perhaps if she was killed, it was in another location and at another time entirely. We know so little, only what KH says. All MOO.

This is the initial news article ab0ut Dia being missing. It mentions Diana S., a neighbor that was sounding the alert on her FB page on June 7th of Dia missing.

Friends and family of missing woman remain hopeful | Valley News
“Although the sheriff’s search and investigation is still ongoing, Dia has been formally declared a missing person,” Diana Souza said. “If you see her, please contact the Hemet Sheriff’s station. Thank you all for your prayers for her safe return. Many of you know how special Dia’s animals are to her and have asked about their well-being. We would like everyone to know that they all are safe and being well cared for.”
upload_2020-10-21_20-6-11.png
"According to family, she went missing from her secluded ranch on Apple Canyon Road in Mountain Center around 2 p.m. Saturday, June 6."

You'll notice the article says Dia was last seen at around 2 p.m. That's the time KH said he and Dia had lunch together. So, no one else that I know of has said they saw her that day or that week. I sure hope LE is on the ball.

ETA-- Missing Person Poster added
BBM and all MOO

Last edited:
Here's a first-person account of the search for Dia by Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit on June 9th (along with some photos). www.rmru.org/2020/06/09/2020-030/

I thought this was interesting: We were met there by Sheriff’s deputies, search dog team and Swat teams due to the high incidence of marijuana growing nearby in some of the draws that had water.

They searched for two full days. RMRU does great work. They've popped up in a number of cases I've followed.
Yes, the RMRU group mentions search dog team, but does not specify cadaver dogs, but it may or may not include them, also not sure if the group that did the search warrant in New Mexico used K9's...

Reading on google...
Cadaver dogs can pick up a scent for human remains up to 15 feet underground...
Maybe they can re-search the property ...

The ranch property is 116 acres. Is Dia buried out there someplace? Or should LE be searching in Arizona, Colorado, or New Mexico, or someplace right under their nose?

How much time did someone have to hide the body? I wonder if this was a sudden, unexpected homicide or premeditated. Time is a luxury for the criminal.

A lot hinges on believing or disproving what KH says, IMO.
Did Dia go missing that day? All I'm asking for is anyone other than KH to confirm they saw her that day or week. I would think DF saw her as they were running an Airbnb business on Dia's property and DF worked there. I really expected her to make a news plea or the children or any of Dia's family to keep this in the news. Just MOO, I don't want the trail to go cold.

Why hasn't Dia been found? Where is she?

Last edited:
The ranch property is 116 acres. Is Dia buried out there someplace? Or should LE be searching in Arizona, Colorado, or New Mexico, or someplace right under their nose?

How much time did someone have to hide the body? I wonder if this was a sudden, unexpected homicide or premeditated. Time is a luxury for the criminal.

Did Dia go missing that day? All I'm asking for is anyone other than KH to confirm they saw her that day or week. I would think DF saw her as they were running an Airbnb business on Dia's property and DF worked there. I really expected her to make a news plea or the children or any of Dia's family to keep this in the news. Just MOO, I don't want the trail to go cold.

I don't think she's on the property.

I think she went missing around June 1st.

As I said, "time is a luxury for the criminal." Buying 4-6 days to hide a body is a real bonus for the killer.

If she went missing say on
June 1st--
(1) Some one is a big liar.
(2) Some one is trying to hide what happened to Dia, and it may have been premeditated.
(3) Some one must think they're smarter than LE.
(4) LE is probably on to them.

LE needs to find out if anyone took a little extra trip earlier that week. Apply the pressure, LE!

JMO and MOO

I'm sure and hoping that LE has looked at the timeline to attempt to define the timeframe from 6-01 to 6-06 through various means, actual voice calls texting, cell phone records in general, friends... hopefully includes DF, banking exercises if any, purchases in person would involve transactions, Isidro's last day will be looked at if he was there that last Friday, that would trim the timeline some. Since he knew when LE showed up that following Monday, I am sure they asked when he was at the property last...I have to relook at that video....

All MOO from her on out...
If Dia had been dealt with in a bad way and her body was not taken to AZ/CO/NM and her body was removed from the property prior to, it would have been most likely in her truck, meaning that her body would have been in the back of the the truck in the bed? The truck was released to the next of kin... was it checked prior to them taking it.
The next of kin took it that Monday per the CBS video?
Does that mean that LE may have released a potential lead, the scent in the back of the truck?
Google>>>>
How long does a body have to be dead before a cadaver dog can smell it?
Between 2-4 hours after death, body temperature begins to drop (Haglund and Sorg, 1997), chemical changes in muscles begin and autolysis advances. We want to begin to learn, understand, and document the minimum post mortem time interval for which our dogs can perceive the difference between live and dead scent.

What about the farm helper (can't remember his name) - the one that KH fired - when did he see her last - or do we know?
We don't know, but I must assume LE asked Dia's loyal farm hand of 14 yrs. Isidro was still employed on the ranch at that time and showed up on to work the Monday after Dia was missing. It is up to LE to be asking pertinent questions and investigating exactly when Dia went missing. That might be the key to where to search. MOO, this case could be solved if they have the time and resources to keep on it. When I say apply pressure, I mean stay on their person(s) of interest and get at the truth by confirming the story told by the last person to see Dia. Was there a water heater repairman? When did Isidro see Dia last? How about neighbors? Yes, as @Desert Cruiser said, check bank withdrawals and phone records. I pray LE knows tons more than we do.

Fiancé of missing woman takes over as trustee of ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
"Isidro Garcia worked as a ranch hand for Dia Abrams for 14 years, before leaving employment a few weeks ago.

Garcia, 58, recalled riding horses with Abrams’ and looking after her animals, which included three donkeys and a miniature horse at the Bonita Vista Ranch, and two horses located at a smaller ranch in nearby Garner Valley.

“She liked to ride the horses on Fridays, and I go with her. She always liked to ride with me,” Garcia said.

Those trail rides occasionally would be canceled, according to Garcia, because Harper would want him to work on the ranch.

“Because he wanted me to work, he [didn’t] let me go with Dia to ride the horses. She wasn't happy with that because she likes to ride the horses,” Garcia said.

Garcia’s work schedule changed after Abrams went missing, according to the Anza resident, and he soon parted ways with Harper.

“He cut my hours. I only worked like 28 hours a week. He treated me like a slave,” Garcia said. “He's a mean guy. He's not a nice person, I'll tell you that. I don't trust him anymore. I never trusted him. He’s not a nice person.”

Reached by cell phone, Harper responded that Garcia, “hasn’t worked with us for probably a month.”

“You're talking about somebody who left and is probably a little disgruntled. I have never treated him that way ever,” Harper said.

But Garcia continued to work at the ranch for months following Abrams’ disappearance, and he recalled Harper making a statement about getting ownership of the property.

“He told me, 'I hope I can live five more years,'” Garcia said.

Harper denied making that statement and said plans for future ownership of the property have not been decided.

“I never said that and I'm not sure that that's even in the cards,” Harper said.

During a 90-minute interview with News 8, Garcia detailed the timeline of events in the days following Abrams’ disappearance.

Harper previously told News 8, he had lunch with Abrams at the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6; and last saw her around 2:30 p.m., when he went to mow the grass and do some ranch work.

“I was down on the meadow, which is probably 100 yards down,” Harper said.

When Harper returned from his ranch work around 7:30 that evening, he said, Abrams was gone. She had left her cell phone, purse and Ford truck behind.

Garcia said Harper called him the next day, Sunday, to tell him Abrams was missing, as friends and neighbors were searching for her at the ranch.

The ranch worker was off for the weekend, and he assumed Abrams would be found, so he did not show up until Monday morning at 8:30 a.m.

Garcia said both Harper and Fedder were at the ranch when he arrived Monday morning.

“When I went there, she [Fedder] was by the door and she don’t let anybody in. And, she was wearing a gun, too,” Garcia said.

Harper had packed up his RV, which he kept on the property near the meadow, and was getting ready to leave, according to Garcia.

“He [Harper] was ready to go. He told me, ‘I'll be back later. I gotta go.’ He said he’s going for an appointment or something,” Garcia said.

Fifteen minutes later, Harper drove away, Garcia said. Then, within a couple hours, a Riverside sheriff’s officer arrived. Fedder was there to meet the officer.

“Only one cop showed up, probably 10 or 11 a.m., and she let him in. She went inside,” Garcia recalled.

Then, on Monday afternoon, deputies arrived and told friends and neighbors to leave the property. Garcia said he was allowed to stay at the ranch in order to care for the animals...."
Fiancé of missing woman takes over as trustee of ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com

I

I'm with you 100% proof that she was even there the day he claims she disappeared. I think he's way too smart to bury her on the property if she is dead. He would take her to some secluded place that is not tied to them at all and then come home and claim she she just vanished. If he had his phone with him when he hid her (if he did) Google can trace his steps. If he was out in the middle of no place around that time...I'd take the dogs there!

This is an article about another grow site where seven people lost their lives. There's always the slight possibility the illegal grow site invited trouble. Isidro, the farm hand, said KH went ahead and rented out the property again to the grower. Aren't people afraid of LE and being busted in the area? Posting this to show the dangers; however, Dia missing probably had nothing to do with the grow site. Who knows?

Seven bodies, nothing stolen: Were killings at Riverside marijuana grow ‘a message’?

“This wasn’t a rip-off,” he said in an interview. “If you’re not robbing someone, you’re sending a message.”

JMO and MOO.

This is an article about another grow site where seven people lost their lives. There's always the slight possibility the illegal grow site invited trouble. Isidro, the farm hand, said KH went ahead and rented out the property again to the grower. Aren't people afraid of LE and being busted in the area? Posting this to show the dangers; however, Dia missing probably had nothing to do with the grow site. Who knows?

Seven bodies, nothing stolen: Were killings at Riverside marijuana grow ‘a message’?

“This wasn’t a rip-off,” he said in an interview. “If you’re not robbing someone, you’re sending a message.”

JMO and MOO.
The grow sites add another dimension to the case for sure. Money, bad people and secrets kept or not? LE usually asked right off the bat "Do you know anyone who would want to harm her?" Well, those people harm who ever gets in their way of making money...so it's always possible a deal went sideways or she caught them and threatened thinking they were just a couple of guys who broke the law. Who knows....I am still very interested in how this all turns out.

I have noticed a change in a link provided by CBS news...There is a link of Dia's Air BnB properties that no longer list the actual ability to review or reserve the properties.
I can't find Dia's listings anywhere, even AirBnb.
Moo... maybe feedback of peoples actions to AirBnb have caught up to things...
Moo... Maybe AirBnb took action due to comments from former guest. and decided to terminate/suspend the relationship...Moo.
Two negative comments could be the tip of the iceberg, Moo...
Maybe a trustee has decided enough and decided to step down, More MOO...
The previous statement on consistent behavioral patterns seem to continue....
MOO...
The properties can still be found on wedding venue listings...
Things are happening...
I have supplied the CBS link below that listed the Air BnB link..

I still stand on the idea that the Boyfriend/Fiance knows more than he says. Alive or dead...he knows more. He would be an utter fool to bury her anywhere near the ranch or anyplace tied to him or her. It would be a random place that no one would ever think to look there. I think he had plenty of time by lying about her time of disappearance. He could have turned off his phone and drove her to God knows where and put her in a live stalk oven and cremated her or ???? He's not stupid and he knows no body...no charges...or at least no conviction. I'd check his phone pings and see if he turned it off for a long period of time around that day. At least if so...you could figure driving speed and calculate how far he went or close to it. Bodies have a strange way of turning up unless you dissolve them or cremate them. There's always that one hiker or jogger who stumbles upon it.

“I spoke with our Hemet Station and they have advised that during the month of August, searches were conducted by our Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit, in the last known area that Rosario Garcia and Roy Prifogle may have been. No additional information or leads were located during those searches. Melissa Lane is a continued investigation and as well have no updated information at this time. Dia Abrams is a continued investigation with no further update at this time.”

The community remains confused by the lack of information being released by the media information bureau and wondering if their safety is at stake.
Still looking for updates on missing people • Idyllwild Town Crier

animated-cow-image-0284.gif
There should be an ongoing homicide investigation going on for Lydia "Dia" Abrams. IMO, she met with foul play, and it was probably premeditated. It could be that someone is getting away with a blatant murder and benefitting somehow from it. What's going on in the investigation? This is all MOO.

This case reminds me of another.
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49
The other case currently is on it's 49th thread. We're still on the 1st thread here. Why is that?

Where are Dia's children? Where are Dia's family, her loved ones, and supposed fiancé, now to demand further investigation?

animated-cow-image-0110.gif
Sure, community remains confused and loses faith in LE when they only get pat answers to not be concerned and people keep going missing, some even murdered.

^^^^^^^
animated-cowgirl-image-0067.gif
^^^^^^^
Where are you Lydia "Dia" Abrams?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors