Colorado Wildfires 2020

I am reserving personal comments for the time being, but just want to make one personal comment here as I settle in for a nap - one of my biggest fears with these fires is being consumed while sleeping, as was the case in the horrific Paradise fire, when it raged so quickly people couldn’t get out.

@NoSI, sending positive thoughts that your home will be spared, and that you and your pets are comfortable in your evacuated space and have everything that you need. Please see your inbox.

Thank you so much @margarita25! Really appreciate it. Still on mandatory evacuation, but house still standing. Really worried on Saturday for my town as fire got within 1/2 mile to town. The update midday was that if airsupport will continue to be grounded due to wind, the town is expected to burn by nightfall. Thankfully the wind slowed down and we got over 1 foot of snow yesterday. I never appreciated a early season winter storm, but this one I will always hold close to my heart.

Thank you for all your thoughtful messages! Really appreciate your kindness @margarita25!

I get to go home today... :) Mandatory evacuation orders were downgraded to voluntary... Thankful, happy, emotional, nervous, occasionally crying all at the same time. Definitely learned a lot this past week including how attached to my environment and surroundings i am. I will definitely make a point to support the Red Cross now. What a difference they made!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back