KS - Nora, 7, & Aven Jackson, 3, missing after double murder, Leavenworth, 24 Oct 2020 *arrest*

So I guess it's not confirmed that the two boys were his kids? For some reason I thought I read that they were. Maybe they are the wife's sons by another marriage?
It was already confirmed the boys were his sons and that they were living with him. Austin and Logan Jackson. There are links about him filling for divorce, the living arrangements, and the identification of the boys on this thread, maybe take a look...

It was already confirmed the boys were his sons and that they were living with him. Austin and Logan Jackson. There are links about him filling for divorce, the living arrangements, and the identification of the boys on this thread, maybe take a look...
That's what I thought, but the article said it was not clear what his relationship was with the two boys and it said it was updated an hour ago. At the end it only describes them as being the girl's siblings.

And yes, I read that they were living with him which is why I thought maybe they were arguing over custody of the children.

ETA Since his attorney withdrew from the case and Jackson chose to represent himself I wondered if he was dissatisfied with the way things were going and decided to take matters into his own hands.

He doesn't seem to be the type to follow rules or abide by the law. He might be one more controlling, abusive, narcissist who decided to annihilate part of his family because things weren't going his way.

IMO

Last edited:
In September, Jackson posted a series of chilling messages on his Facebook page.

"Be nice to the demons, they make decent pets," he wrote on September 13.

One day prior, he posted: "You can be as deceptive as you want, but you can not hide the nature of an animal."

"When you have to lie to the mother's body to carry your seed, do not expect the abomination to succeed," he said on September 10.

According to Leavenworth County Court records, Jackson filed for divorce from his wife, Tara, on August 20, 2019.

Their next hearing was scheduled for November 12, 2020. On September 4, 2020, records show his attorney was granted permission to withdraw and Jackson began representing himself.
Dad wrote about 'demons' before 'killing young sons and abducting daughters'

Bianca Beltrán@KMBCBianca
Donald Jackson Jr. is in custody at the Beckham County Jail in Oklahoma tonight. The Leavenworth County, KS Undersheriff said he will likely have his first court appearance there on Monday. Charges have not been announced.

Imagine having to let your kids be with this guy. Unless there have been clear threats or actual instances of harm, many questionable people get automatic rights to their kids. I mean the judges have to deal with he said/ she said and not only do people make things up, but many people are eccentric or unconventional and don’t hurt their kids.

But you know the mother likely felt it. Something was off. Yet she probably had little choice.

That's what I thought, but the article said it was not clear what his relationship was with the two boys and it said it was updated an hour ago. At the end it only describes them as being the girl's siblings.

And yes, I read that they were living with him which is why I thought maybe they were arguing over custody of the children.

ETA Since his attorney withdrew from the case and Jackson chose to represent himself I wondered if he was dissatisfied with the way things were going and decided to take matters into his own hands.

He doesn't seem to be the type to follow rules or abide by the law. He might be one more controlling, abusive, narcissist who decided to annihilate part of his family because things weren't going his way.

IMO
There's a link in this thread that states they were trying to work things out, as in, trying to make the relationship work. It also states that they lived in separate houses, the mom with the girls and a 8-month-old baby, and the father with the two boys in another house, but he visited the mother's house frequently and, apparently, was allowed to have contact with all children. I'm assuming the older boys probably stayed with him so they didn't have to change schools, or maybe they wanted to stay with him, who knows. He's quite obviously mentally hill, believes weird stuff, conspiracy theories and whatnot. I've read that he has had problems with LE in the past, but I have no idea what it was. Probably getting into fights, drugs, etc but that's just my guess.

In September, Jackson posted a series of chilling messages on his Facebook page.

"Be nice to the demons, they make decent pets," he wrote on September 13.

One day prior, he posted: "You can be as deceptive as you want, but you can not hide the nature of an animal."

"When you have to lie to the mother's body to carry your seed, do not expect the abomination to succeed," he said on September 10.

According to Leavenworth County Court records, Jackson filed for divorce from his wife, Tara, on August 20, 2019.

Their next hearing was scheduled for November 12, 2020. On September 4, 2020, records show his attorney was granted permission to withdraw and Jackson began representing himself.
Dad wrote about 'demons' before 'killing young sons and abducting daughters'
Thank you! He's clearly out of his mind, and has been for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this weird stuff came and went, if he had good days, even weeks or months where he acted "normal" and then, boom, starts acting like that again...

There's a link in this thread that states they were trying to work things out, as in, trying to make the relationship work. It also states that they lived in separate houses, the mom with the girls and a 8-month-old baby, and the father with the two boys in another house, but he visited the mother's house frequently and, apparently, was allowed to have contact with all children. I'm assuming the older boys probably stayed with him so they didn't have to change schools, or maybe they wanted to stay with him, who knows. He's quite obviously mentally hill, believes weird stuff, conspiracy theories and whatnot. I've read that he has had problems with LE in the past, but I have no idea what it was. Probably getting into fights, drugs, etc but that's just my guess.

Thank you! He's clearly out of his mind, and has been for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this weird stuff came and went, if he had good days, even weeks or months where he acted "normal" and then, boom, starts acting like that again...

My guess is disturbing the peace/ fights with neighbors or DV calls.

...snipped...

Yes, to the bolded above. My younger brother had sudden onset of schizophrenia when he was 19.

He could go months seeming kind of ok. He could carry on a semi-rational conversation. But there were bouts of eccentric and crazy behaviour, and a few total meltdowns.

But the problem is that if you want to get them help, they will be interviewed by a doctor or a counsellor. And my brother would us ALL of his focus and mental strength to get past these interviews.

He would even admit to me later that it took all the energy he had to block out the voices in his head long enough to follow the interviewer. So even if his wife had wanted to report him as being mentally or emotionally unfit or dangerous, it probably wouldn't have worked unless he was in full meltdown mode.

Well, I think it was the neighbor who claimed the mother said they wanted to work things out. I haven't heard anything directly from the mother herself.

Maybe one of them wanted to work things out and the other didn't. We don't know anything about their relationship or any past abuse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was turbulent or there was animosity between them. There must have been something that triggered this guy to escalate to such tragic violence. Unless this was his way of "working things out."

Well, I think it was the neighbor who claimed the mother said they wanted to work things out. I haven't heard anything directly from the mother herself.

Maybe one of them wanted to work things out and the other didn't. We don't know anything about their relationship or any past abuse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was turbulent or there was animosity between them. There must have been something that triggered this guy to escalate to such tragic violence. Unless this was his way of "working things out."
Wasn't that said by a family member? I can't remember, so if it was a neighbor, then it was a neighbor. To be fair, we haven't heard anything from the mother and rightfully so, the poor lady must be in so much pain right now.

Wasn't that said by a family member? I can't remember, so if it was a neighbor, then it was a neighbor. To be fair, we haven't heard anything from the mother and rightfully so, the poor lady must be in so much pain right now.
It was a family member who went to the home and discovered the bodies after they didn't show up for a soccer game. I don't think any family members have made any statements. We have very few details, but I guess we'll know more when we find out what the charges are.

MISSION, Kan. (AP) - A man accused of abducting his two daughters from a Kansas home where their two brothers were killed has been going through a divorce with the children’s mother, authorities said Monday.

Maj. James Sherley, of the Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Department, said 40-year-old Donny Jackson and his wife are estranged and that he had “on-again, off-again access to the children.”

The investigation began at around 1:30 p.m. Saturday after one of the siblings didn’t show up for a soccer game, leading the children’s mother and paternal grandmother to go to Jackson’s home in Leavenworth, which is about 20 miles northwest of Kansas City, Kan.

The bodies of 14-year-old Logan Jackson and 12-year-old Austin Jackson were then found - one by the family and the other by law enforcement. Sherley declined to release the cause of death or comment on motive.
Father of 2 slain boys has been in midst of divorce

MISSION, Kan. (AP) - A man accused of abducting his two daughters from a Kansas home where their two brothers were killed has been going through a divorce with the children’s mother, authorities said Monday.

Maj. James Sherley, of the Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Department, said 40-year-old Donny Jackson and his wife are estranged and that he had “on-again, off-again access to the children.”

The investigation began at around 1:30 p.m. Saturday after one of the siblings didn’t show up for a soccer game, leading the children’s mother and paternal grandmother to go to Jackson’s home in Leavenworth, which is about 20 miles northwest of Kansas City, Kan.

The bodies of 14-year-old Logan Jackson and 12-year-old Austin Jackson were then found - one by the family and the other by law enforcement. Sherley declined to release the cause of death or comment on motive.
Father of 2 slain boys has been in midst of divorce
Oh no, the mother found one of the boys didn't she? Oh no, oh no. So, the information of them trying to "work things out" is not really accurate.

Oh no, the mother found one of the boys didn't she? Oh no, oh no. So, the information of them trying to "work things out" is not really accurate.
It was the mom's neighbor who said they were separated but were trying to work things out. They said that DJ visited his wife and daughters frequently, and was there as recently as Thursday.

She probably never imagined he was capable of something like this. Maybe she was hoping he would get some help. I hope we don't find out there were several calls to the home for domestic violence or that she tried to get a restraining order and wasn't able to get any help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back