Identified! CO - Summit Co., WhtMale, 30-50, Blonde, Wire Glasses, Indiglo Watch, Glock, July'16 Jeffrey Lee Peterson

MARBLE ARVIDSON is missng from Vermont since 2012. Although he is younger than they suggest the deceased was, he fits physically. Hair color and same glasses style.
Marble was a hiker in VT. and he may have known somebody who moved to Colorado to work at one of numerous ski resorts in the area.
Marble would cut himself so the suicide angle may fit. The fatal shot could have been an accident.
I reported it to VT today but I posted here in case somebody knew anything about this case. I'll cross post in Marble Arv
idson forum as well.

Marble Arvidson | Vermont State Police
5317DMVT - Marble Ace Arvidson

MARBLE ARVIDSON is missng from Vermont since 2012. Although he is younger than they suggest the deceased was, he fits physically. Hair color and same glasses style.
Marble was a hiker in VT. and he may have known somebody who moved to Colorado to work at one of numerous ski resorts in the area.
Marble would cut himself so the suicide angle may fit. The fatal shot could have been an accident.
I reported it to VT today but I posted here in case somebody knew anything about this case. I'll cross post in Marble Arv
idson forum as well.

Marble Arvidson | Vermont State Police
Interesting, Marble's Ws thread...
VT - VT - Marble Arvidson, 17, Brattleboro, 27 Aug 2011
5317DMVT.jpg
5317DMVT4.jpg

Been following your story for a while now...hopefully, your name will be returned to you any day now!

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP15466
Male, White / Caucasian
Original.jpg Original (1).jpg Original (3).jpg
Date Body Found: July 10, 2016
Location Found: Summit County, Colorado
Estimated Age Range: 23-66 Years
ME/C Case Number: 16CA41

Estimated Year of Death: 2011-2013
Estimated PMI: 4 Years
Height/Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery: Skull found in the SKY chutes area of Summit County in an avalanche field. This is located across from Copper Mountain Ski Resort off Highway 91.
Details of Recovery:
Torso not recovered; One or more limbs/hands not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Accessories: One tube Blistex lip ointment found on the body. BluMaxx high-performance flashlight found on the body. Items in nearby purple/grey Fila backpack include: three ammunition clips for a handgun in a ziplock bag, the gun is a Glock 45 serial number was destroyed, one Leatherman tool, a Black Diamond headlamp, an ace wrap, and two disposable plastic water bottles. Also found near bones: Grey Garmin GPS case containing a rock, a can of bear deterrent spray, a wooden-handled hatchet.
Clothing: Black winter (snowmobile?) insulated coverall with red stripes on arms. Belted with snap front. Possible red or brown flannel lined jeans. Possible blue/teal buttoned shirt. Possible white knit tee shirt or long underwear. Black outer gloves with black liners. Brown/white outdoor socks. Possible white knit briefs.
Black Northface ski jacket found in a nearby backpack. Black fleece balaclava in the backpack. Blue "Life is Good" baseball cap found near the body. Also found near body: white Northface snow pants, black Northface fleece gloves - size XL, blue fleece Columbia hat, black nylon hood.
Eyewear: Gold wire-rimmed reading glasses found near the body
Footwear: Dark green, gray, or black Rockport hiking shoe, size 11 on the body. Black rubber Stabilizers brand yak-tracks in the backpack.

Current list of missing person exclusions for UP 15466 per NamUs:
MP25536 Sean Gribble 05/20/2014 Jefferson CO
MP23701 Lee Ochs 10/29/2012 Chaffee CO

There is an update on this case. He has primarily Scandinavian heritage:
Authorities revamp efforts to identify Summit County John Doe in 2016 cold case

"Based on results, Koski said, the man might have been a recent immigrant and of Scandinavian descent, both of which create problems. Researchers have identified a few potential matches, but they’re too distant to make an easy ancestral connection.

“In that gene pool, as far as looking at databases here in the United States, it can be difficult to draw from,” Koski said. “We have probably fourth cousin matches. But let’s say we can get their ancestors built a couple generations back, when we get to the turn of the century, when a lot of families immigrated here, a lot of the names will change. If they were keeping the naming patterns from Norway and Sweden and other Scandinavian countries, it’s very difficult to follow.

“If you have a name like Johnson, that’s literally John’s son and his daughter is John’s daughter. And the next generation down doesn’t follow that same convention. So John’s son becomes something else, he’s Johnson and his child would be something like Sven Johnson. Now his son would be Svenson. It’s very hard to find connections.”

Peter Larsson from Sweden
DOB october 12, 1967
Missing since october 13, 2008
View Yellow Notices

Foto is from the link above.

Apparently he had run into some bad company and a couple a weeks before his disappearence another male from the same social circle disapperared.
Police suspect both men have been kidnapped and killed according to this article:
Peter Larsson försvann för tio år sedan – nu tar Missing People upp sökandet

However, perhaps he actually fled because he knew someone might hurt him.

Attachments

• 2C7F3B1E-DFDB-4487-AA66-D07775E498BC.jpeg
    2C7F3B1E-DFDB-4487-AA66-D07775E498BC.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 17
When I first read the article, may be because English is not my native, I thought that the phrase "the man might have been a recent immigrant and of Scandinavian descent" refers that he was actually an immigrant himself, but re-reading it I now think that he was American with Scandinavian ancestry. So, the biggest doubt the DDP team has is wether his family americanized their name. In the past Scandinavians had the tradition to have father's name instead of a family name, I think in our days only Iceland still keeps this tradition. Also I believe that some Scandinavian family names can sound very English (for example, Anderson or Nilson, they also have Johnson but they say Johanson).

Oct 27 2020
Authorities revamp efforts to identify Summit County John Doe in 2016 cold case
''FRISCO — Scientists and researchers are working to identify the body of a man found in the backcountry near Breckenridge in 2016.

Officials are hopeful that new efforts in the still-developing field of forensic genetic genealogy could be the key to identifying the individual, a process composed of advanced DNA analysis paired with detailed investigations of publicly available genealogical databases.

Spearheading the effort is the DNA Doe Project, a recently founded California nonprofit specializing in cold case identifications of John and Jane Does. The project made headlines just last week after identifying a man found dead in Park County almost 50 years ago, but the group is also investigating a more local case. And researchers say it’s a challenge.

“He’s a tough one,” said Missy Koski, team leader with the DNA Doe Project. “I think eventually we will be able to get somewhere. But we definitely need some closer matches or some breakthrough in putting together some family trees. He’s giving us a run for our money.”

I lived and worked at Copper Mountain for several years but left 2014. I have been thinking back to people I meet there and the figure does resemble my boss but the nose is wrong and he didn't smoke or at least he didn't when I knew him. As far as I know he is still employed at Copper Mountain or was when I left in 2014.

Below is another photo of the figure of the unknown man.

SummitCoJohnDoe2016_web.jpg

What about the isotope testing? I don’t unterstand their implications either. Was he a recent immigrant from Scandinavian countries (meaning that he was born somewhere else and later on moved to the US) or does it mean that his ancestors came to the US at some point but preferred to stay within their ethnic circles and therefore much of his DNA is of less-represented Scandinavian origin but he was born in the US. Heeelp, please :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back