Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niner

Long time Websleuther
Reaction score
Tuesday, October 27th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 3pm MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (Nov. 19, 2012, Broomfield; found June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull) - *Mark Allen Redwine (55/now 58), "father" indicted (6-20-17) of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial set to begin on 10/28/20 with jury selection (trial thru 12/9/20 per court site) will be a 12-person jury with 3 alternates. The court expects opening statements to begin the morning of Monday, Nov 9.
Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/2/20 reference post #263 here:
Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son rescheduled to 18 Sept 2019
10/16/20 Update: No info on what happened at hearing. Next status conference hearing on 10/22/20. 10/22/20 Update: The Durango Herald & Court TV Media, LLC have filed separate requests for expanded media coverage in this case. TH Court denies both requests for audio & visual recording as the Court will provide audio & video streaming of all proceedings in the case after jury selection is complete via Webex. Re Order regarding the Peoples 2nd notice of submission of exhibits in satisfaction courts order relating to D-47 re defendant's various appearances on the Dr. Phil show will be allowed. The Court will issue an order on the two outstanding defense motions before the next status conference. Next status conference hearing on 10/27/20.

@Emi Do the streams stay up after...just I don’t think I’m going to be awake in Aus... :-(

I was going to ask the same thing - here in Europe - it will be 11pm here - way past my bedtime! :)

For the actual Trial (beginning Nov 9), according to the amended decorum order, the court is providing web streaming where media can capture the proceeding and broadcast live or rebroadcast at a later date. I believe there will be multiple sources making the trial available to watch at your convenience.

I'm very grateful the public is being accommodated to view this trial.

Last edited:
I just listened to the hearing - tomorrow and during jury selection no video streaming on webex; but opening statements and when the actual trial starts video will be streaming on webex

Mark Redwine, accused of killing 13-year-old son, Dylan, set for trial Thursday
The long-awaited trial for Mark Redwine, a Vallecito man accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, in 2012, begins Thursday.

The homicide trial is perhaps the most high-profile case in Southwest Colorado in years, which caught international media attention shortly after Dylan went missing in November 2012.
Snipped for clarity, the rest of the article can be read at the link above

Thursday, October 28th:
*Trial set to begin with Jury Selection (@ 8am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (Nov. 19, 2012, Broomfield; found about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road, a dirt road that cuts through the San Juan National Forest, about 100 yards from the road, directly off an ATV trail on June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull was found) - *Mark Allen Redwine (55/now 58), "father" indicted (6-20-17) of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial set to begin on 10/28/20 with jury selection (trial thru 12/9/20 per court site) will be a 12-person jury with 3 alternates. The court expects opening statements to begin the morning of Monday, Nov 9.
Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/22/20 reference post #279 here:
Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son rescheduled to 18 Sept 2019

10/22/20 Update: The Durango Herald & Court TV Media, LLC have filed separate requests for expanded media coverage in this case. TH Court denies both requests for audio & visual recording as the Court will provide audio & video streaming of all proceedings in the case after jury selection is complete via Webex. Re Order regarding the Peoples 2nd notice of submission of exhibits in satisfaction courts order relating to D-47 re defendant's various appearances on the Dr. Phil show will be allowed. The Court will issue an order on the two outstanding defense motions before the next status conference. Next status conference hearing on 10/27/20.
10/23/20: Motion (D-173) to declare a mistrial due to the pandemic-denied without prejudice. 10/27/20 Update: At a brief court hearing Tuesday, prosecutors with the 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office & Redwine’s public defenders worked out the final kinks of holding the trial, complicated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Judge Wilson, who is overseeing the trial, ran through the final safety protocols of how people will move & stand in the court while trying to maintain social distancing, and how many people will be allowed in. District Attorney Christian Champagne will be the top prosecutor on the case. Jury selection begins on 10/28/20.

Mark Redwine, accused of killing 13-year-old son, Dylan, set for trial Thursday

Oct 27, 2020

Jury selection starts Thursday. Because the case has been highly publicized, and the need to select a jury that is, for the most part, unfamiliar with the details of the alleged crime, a jury pool of 2,625 people has been summoned.

Redwine’s public defenders, Justin Bogan and John Moran, had previously attempted to hold the trial outside of La Plata County, a request that was denied by District Judge Jeffrey Wilson.

It’s expected to take about eight days to select 12 jurors plus alternates.

Opening statements should begin Nov. 9, followed by weeks of testimony from friends and family, as well as expert witnesses and police. It won’t be known if Redwine will take the stand until weeks into the trial.

At a brief court hearing Tuesday, prosecutors with the 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and Redwine’s public defenders worked out the final kinks of holding the trial, complicated by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Judge Wilson, who is overseeing the trial, ran through the final safety protocols of how people will move and stand in the court while trying to maintain social distancing, and how many people will be allowed in.

This may have been posted last March, but it is a good reminder:

Elaine "Hatfield-Hall worked with Laura Saxton, whose daughter, Kelsie Schelling, was murdered and her body never found. They helped pass a new law, creating harsher penalties for tampering with a dead body.

“There was very little penalty for anyone who tampered with a corpse or evidence of any type of homicide,” said Hatfield-Hall. “Now, it’s a felony and it’s been used throughout Colorado almost on every murder case that we’ve seen. That’s really exciting for those of us that were, three of us really, that lost our children, that worked on this law.”

The law, § 18-8-610.5, makes tampering with a dead body a class 3 felony in Colorado, and those convicted can face up to 12 years in prison for each charge. It’s since been used in cases like the 2018 murders of the pregnant Shan’Ann Watts and daughters Bella and Celeste."

Colorado law passed with help of Dylan Redwine’s mom, now used in high-profile cases | KRQE News 13

Justice for Dylan and Elaine has been a long time coming, and I'm so here for it!

Mark repulses me. He is about as low as you can get as a husband, father, and human being. I hope that karma bus is revving its wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater