CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to appeal, really?

'If I hadn't met Nikki, I would never have killed my family.'

Chris Watts claims obsession with mistress led to him murdering family | Daily Mail Online

I don't have much confidence in what this writer Cadle is selling to the DM after she told its rival publication that she last spoke to CW late last year and admits their conversation "wasn't the friendliest" after a communication breakdown, and she still has dreams about being face-to-face with the murderer.

Chris Watts' parents say they live with tragedy of losing grandkids 'every day'

Oct 8, 2020

"By that time I was just kind of sick of his stunts, trying to control the narrative," she told The Sun.

"He thinks he can control you with his mind, and that's what he tried to do with me.

"Being in the presence of someone, you look at them and their eyes turn black, it does something to you.

"I still have dreams about looking at his face when he would say certain things, it's caused anxiety.

"I was never a person who had anxiety issues, but spending time with him the way that I did...

"Looking back on it all, there are a few things I wish I'd done differently.

I wish I'd taken things a little slower."

She says the last time she spoke with Watts he was "dead set" against going for an appeal, adding he is "very afraid" to go back to Colorado after receiving death threats.

After Christopher killed his family and drove away, Nikki texted him to look up the song by Metallica band called ''Battery.'' I challenge you to look up the full lyrics of this song. I find it interesting that we should believe it's only a coincidence.'
Chris Watts claims obsession with mistress led to him murdering family | Daily Mail Online

I don’t believe in a coincidence like that.
Snipped from the link
In one letter, Watts made an appalling new confession which he had not previously shared with the FBI.

He claimed he had made two attempts to smother his daughters but that they woke up after his first try, bruised and traumatized, and were forced to watch him drag their mother's body to his truck.
——
What to believe? In the same story he seems to contradict himself so he can’t seem to keep his lies straight IMO

and that song Battery? Hard to believe she wasn’t aware

Snipped from the link
In one letter, Watts made an appalling new confession which he had not previously shared with the FBI.

He claimed he had made two attempts to smother his daughters but that they woke up after his first try, bruised and traumatized, and were forced to watch him drag their mother's body to his truck.
——
What to believe? In the same story he seems to contradict himself so he can’t seem to keep his lies straight IMO

and that song Battery? Hard to believe she wasn’t aware
I don't think we'll ever have the truth. By the time he was collaborating with Cadle, and by the time he gave that 5-7 hour interview with LE in prison, (I think we had access to 5 hours of it, but 1-2 hours of it were withheld by LE, IIRC) we could see that he had incorporated tidbits into his account that could have come only from internet, reported to him via parents/sis, as he apparently didn't have access to YT, FB, etc. As example, he referred to "nutgate", and even Tammy et al didn't know what he was talking about at first. Same with his reference (actually a question) posed to LE about the "shadow" of a child. He was cagey enough to present it as a question, not a confirmation of anything. So his accounts emerged from his "letters", etc, I think he had been smart enough to just snip and paste to keep ppl interested in him. It could be that Cadle will release a new version of her book, with all his letters, and without the documented plagiarism. I would be interested in reading the letters instead of seeing it filtered through his parents or the DM. Not that it would be the truth but that it would be the closest one can really get to his mind. I never thought he was stupid, I just think he isn't connected to human mores, norms, etc. Empty of what we all call human aside from DNA fitting the species.

I bet that Reisch is correct, that he will appeal and appeal because he's bored and why not. (reference the video I posted last page, Crime Talk). He's looked around for 2 years and it ain't all that pretty now with 40-50 years coming up, sleeping by the toilet. But the ability to leak cryptic tidbits to the eager press, now that would be appealing to him, keep up the interest, it's his identity now. The guy who killed babies and now has a life mission to help other people thru tough spots in life, so they aren't mislabeled due to a slight momentary indiscretion. Not necessary to have one tiny mistake define your life.

Last edited:
He wants to appeal, really?

'If I hadn't met Nikki, I would never have killed my family.'

Typical psychopath. First he puts the blame on his wife and then his lover. Next he'll say that she pushed him to murder his wife and kids, or that she herself was responsible and he lied to protect her.

He's dreaming if he thinks those letters are from her. I doubt she wants anything more to do with him.

IMO

After Christopher killed his family and drove away, Nikki texted him to look up the song by Metallica band called ''Battery.'' I challenge you to look up the full lyrics of this song. I find it interesting that we should believe it's only a coincidence.'

Chris claimed she texted him and asked him for the lyrics, but there is no evidence to support that. He only said that when investigators confronted him about it. I think he lied because he knew how bad it would make him look. He probably listened to that song for days just to psych himself up. Imo

I don't think we'll ever have the truth. By the time he was collaborating with Cadle, and by the time he gave that 5-7 hour interview with LE in prison, (I think we had access to 5 hours of it, but 1-2 hours of it were withheld by LE, IIRC) we could see that he had incorporated tidbits into his account that could have come only from internet, reported to him via parents/sis, as he apparently didn't have access to YT, FB, etc. As example, he referred to "nutgate", and even Tammy et al didn't know what he was talking about at first. Same with his reference (actually a question) posed to LE about the "shadow" of a child. He was cagey enough to present it as a question, not a confirmation of anything. So his accounts emerged from his "letters", etc, I think he had been smart enough to just snip and paste to keep ppl interested in him. It could be that Cadle will release a new version of her book, with all his letters, and without the documented plagiarism. I would be interested in reading the letters instead of seeing it filtered through his parents or the DM. Not that it would be the truth but that it would be the closest one can really get to his mind. I never thought he was stupid, I just think he isn't connected to human mores, norms, etc. Empty of what we all call human aside from DNA fitting the species.

I bet that Reisch is correct, that he will appeal and appeal because he's bored and why not. (reference the video I posted last page, Crime Talk). He's looked around for 2 years and it ain't all that pretty now with 40-50 years coming up, sleeping by the toilet. But the ability to leak cryptic tidbits to the eager press, now that would be appealing to him, keep up the interest, it's his identity now. The guy who killed babies and now has a life mission to help other people thru tough spots in life, so they aren't mislabeled due to a slight momentary indiscretion. Not necessary to have one tiny mistake define your life.
I've been reading back (now on #9) and your posts were so insightful - I think an appeal is a perfect outlet for him - he will have access to law books, his attorneys for meetings - I think you nailed it.
JMO

I've been reading back (now on #9) and your posts were so insightful - I think an appeal is a perfect outlet for him - he will have access to law books, his attorneys for meetings - I think you nailed it.
JMO
Thanks, there are many people here who know a lot about this case, we have been changed for the rest of our lives by the inhumanity of his actions. It was Scott Reisch who recently went through CW's chances of appeal, it's worth watching because Reisch has been monitoring this case since day 1, as he is a Denver defense atty.

Last edited:
I believe you are looking at a man on his wedding day with zero representation of his birth family. His parents and only sister boycotted their only son/brother's wedding day. IMO, that would be a good reason not to smile such as SM when she's facing her loving family and friends that are sharing in her joy.

MOO
I never understood his family's extreme hatred towards Shan'ann and somewhat towards their own grandchildren. Very tragic.

So i was routed by navigation through Frederick yesterday. I never been in Frederick so decided to quickly drive by house. Felt not right about it, but did it anyway. Uggh! House is dark and empty. Big handwritten no trespassing sign in front yard. Saw no memorial etc. I got the chills and felt nauseous... Yes, could be all in my head, but i do feel the house has a ominous presence... knowing what happened there... and something about its look. I can't pinpoint it. Beautiful neighborhood with superb mountain view! He destroyed 4 beautiful lives!!!! And now wants to appeal?!? He is taking zero responsibility for his evil actions...

Attachments

• 20201028_182727_compress28.jpg
    20201028_182727_compress28.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 108
I think the DA made it quite clear that eventhough Colorado has the Death Penalty, it would never be used - I suppose they can always make an exception, who knows. Even if the DP was given, there would be years and years of appeals and this would never be over. I have my doubts about the appeal thing BTW.
Colorado abolished the death penalty this year
Capital punishment in Colorado - Wikipedia

So i was routed by navigation through Frederick yesterday. I never been in Frederick so decided to quickly drive by house. Felt not right about it, but did it anyway. Uggh! House is dark and empty. Big handwritten no trespassing sign in front yard. Saw no memorial etc. I got the chills and felt nauseous... Yes, could be all in my head, but i do feel the house has a ominous presence... knowing what happened there... and something about its look. I can't pinpoint it. Beautiful neighborhood with superb mountain view! He destroyed 4 beautiful lives!!!! And now wants to appeal?!? He is taking zero responsibility for his evil actions...

They will never sell that house. Just too much "Amityville Horror" esque if you ask me. Tear it down, make the space a small memorial children's park.

CW killed his family because he wanted them gone. He is just looking for a story to keep the interest going. Anything to deflect responsibility.

Normal people don't kill children after listening to music by Metallica or any other band. Nor do they kill their family because their "chippie" tells them to...

It’s really awful isn’t it ? Have they ever released all of the video from the neighbors camera that terrible morning ? I’m on #13 now - and he’s confessed so I’m awaiting the fan club (the most vocal “advocate” has admitted now he was wrong and CW killed the girls too) - it’s difficult reading

thank you for sharing the picture and the feeling of the house
Jmo

It’s really awful isn’t it ? Have they ever released all of the video from the neighbors camera that terrible morning ? I’m on #13 now - and he’s confessed so I’m awaiting the fan club (the most vocal “advocate” has admitted now he was wrong and CW killed the girls too) - it’s difficult reading

thank you for sharing the picture and the feeling of the house
Jmo
Yeah, that’s all there is for video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads