Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Nordic Ware pan, I love this one because it is a "pull apart" treat. You don't even have to cut it. It is on sale on Amazon. I love Nordic Ware, and have actually a pretty decent collection.

Thank you!
I don't come to this thread as often as I should, for some reason I'm not getting alerts from here as from the other threads. (However shows up when I search my watched threads) But this is a gem of a thread - I always leave here motivated and headed to kitchen to de-stress and cook!

This morning - it provided me with the perfect gift idea for my mother. I've been trying to think of something to get her for Christmas and her winter birthday to provide some diversion and joy during this pandemic gloom. She loves to bake! So I'm going to order a Nordic Ware pan (or maybe a couple), along with a couple cans of baking spray and send to her! Maybe for my 2 sisters also. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you!
I don't come to this thread as often as I should, for some reason I'm not getting alerts from here as from the other threads. (However shows up when I search my watched threads) But this is a gem of a thread - I always leave here motivated and headed to kitchen to de-stress and cook!

This morning - it provided me with the perfect gift idea for my mother. I've been trying to think of something to get her for Christmas and her winter birthday to provide some diversion and joy during this pandemic gloom. She loves to bake! So I'm going to order a Nordic Ware pan (or maybe a couple), along with a couple cans of baking spray and send to her! Maybe for my 2 sisters also. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

Thank you! Thank you!

Such a great idea! I love baking goodies, and making things extra special. They will love it.

My holiday shopping is done! I ordered each of my girls a Wilton mini loaf pan. I have 3 and love them. I’ve had mine for 30 years or so. I use them all the time. They are now baking their own bread so it’s time. Plus, they know I’ll never part with mine. LOL!

Mini Loaf Pan, 6-Cavity | Wilton

Attachments

• F8FEE730-9E8C-4825-9F45-B6884E90D187.jpeg
    F8FEE730-9E8C-4825-9F45-B6884E90D187.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 24
Thank you!

Thank you! Thank you!

I don't get alerts for pages as I have too many that I follow. Instead, when I log in each day I click to one page of mine of "watched threads" and can view them all and choose! And then right click and open new tabs to view those I'm interested in (too many old cases which nothing going on, and months/years of posts I don't follow regularly)

I cannot even imagine getting alerts and how that works. Glad we all have available what works best for each of us!

Well it's a little bit under and the pastry isnt perfect but it tastes really good. Mr HKP approves too. That's (overwhipped!) vanilla cream on top.

Thanks all :)

had a big pumpkin pie craving the other day and the grocery store had NO pumpkin pie... I used to make a simple one in graham cracker crust with low or no sugar but I knew I did not have the time/focus for that so I got a frozen one and baked it... yours looks good. Was watching some Sex In The City Reruns and Carrie says : "I use my oven for storage." Sadly, I laughed because I could use my oven for storage.

had a big pumpkin pie craving the other day and the grocery store had NO pumpkin pie... I used to make a simple one in graham cracker crust with low or no sugar but I knew I did not have the time/focus for that so I got a frozen one and baked it... yours looks good. Was watching some Sex In The City Reruns and Carrie says : "I use my oven for storage." Sadly, I laughed because I could use my oven for storage.
Do love a good SATC re run.

No way we could buy pumpkin pie off the shelf here. I had to order the tin of puree on Amazon!

My holiday shopping is done! I ordered each of my girls a Wilton mini loaf pan. I have 3 and love them. I’ve had mine for 30 years or so. I use them all the time. They are now baking their own bread so it’s time. Plus, they know I’ll never part with mine. LOL!

Mini Loaf Pan, 6-Cavity | Wilton

Have the six-loaf
Have the slightly larger 4 loaf
for those with long memories, two Tiara dessert pans....

images

Since he retired, Mr. Laughing does most of the cooking. Since there's no Fellowship Hour, few other groups, not much baking around here.

I like to make braided loaves in the 4-loaf pan, leave them in the freezer at church, Pastor uses them to ceremonially break during Communion.

In addition, if we're running the wood stove, I ceremonially take Challah, and burn a hunk of dough before forming the loaves.

Maybe tomorrow?

Bringing this over from another thread:
/ I agree a thousand percent:

Colorado303 said:
Amazon! We can get Amazon Fresh and Amazon Whole Food delivered same day. And everything else is 2 day free delivery w/Amazon Prime. (Amazon prime also gives you access to tons of free videos). There’s modest fee to join Amazon Prime but IMO the smartest money I ever spent.

We haven’t been in a grocery store since March. You’re right about forgetting to order things but we just order what we forgot and have it later that day or the next. Delivery fee is pretty low and free if you order more than $35(?) worth of stuff.

—-
I’m also marking to say I have very important advice, absolutely do not rely on Walmart during this time, major, major - I have experienced crazy and major problems with shipping directly from their site. I not referring to their new method adopted from instacart/prime of local deliver with a personal shopper and delivery person, I’m referring to getting orders shipped directly. Walmart has been nothing short of chaos on repeated occasions. Can elaborate further later.

I had never heard of Nordic Ware:/
How is that possible!

Now i have to have the 'Twas The Night Before Christmas loaf pan (for starters)

I am so excited and so much happy every day when i read this thread
It's like sunshine in my day:)

Attachments

• img82c.jpg
    img82c.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27
I got a postcard in the mail today from the food bank. They are giving us a turkey and sides for Tday. I have no idea if that means fresh produce or canned items? My youngest has her fingers crossed for fresh green beans. My oldest is in charge of meal planning and prep. I’ll be supervising. And probably surfing Websleuths. LOL!

The cranberry-orange bread sounds great, especially when baked in that beautiful pan!

My late mother would make a molded cranberry-orange salad for the holidays, usually with pecans and grape halves in it, sometimes chopped apple. She used an old-fashioned food grinder to grind the fresh cranberries and the unpeeled orange. This was pre-food processor times. She used individual molds so we each had our own, served on lettuce on a small plate. Very tasty and refreshing!

I made it a couple times but thought it was too much work and messy to make. A food processor would make it much easier.

This is pretty close to what she made:
Molded Cranberry-Orange Salad

4145S8lMiZL._AC_UL320_.jpg
I've been wanting this one for years but can't justify the cost when I'm the only one in the house who likes pineapple up-side-down cake. Isn't it adorable?You put one pineapple ring in each little cake! Squee!

4145S8lMiZL._AC_UL320_.jpg
I've been wanting this one for years but can't justify the cost when I'm the only one in the house who likes pineapple up-side-down cake. Isn't it adorable?You put one pineapple ring in each little cake! Squee!
I love pineapple upside down cake! I always use the pineapple rings that are packed in pineapple juice rather than in syrup.

You can bake these in a jumbo muffin pan, just put a pineapple ring and a cherry in the bottom of each then the batter on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288