Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
A worker working on Mother's Day would be out of place, BUT a worker working alongside a cooler, not out of place.

I can't imagine anything getting buried there, in broad daylight, but just what WAS he doing there?

JMO
Creating an alibi, that's a given.

My theory is Suzanne's body was most likely already disposed of before he left for Broomfield, but he could have disposed/cleaned up evidence while he was there. Things that weren't previously seen in the darkness. JMO.

A worker working on Mother's Day would be out of place, BUT a worker working alongside a cooler, not out of place.

I can't imagine anything getting buried there, in broad daylight, but just what WAS he doing there?

JMO
Selling his alibi, plain and simple. He had to make it look like he did take steps to set up for his workers, or his alibi would have been destroyed.

He failed miserably.

ETA: Triple Jinx

So his alibi for all day Sunday was a half hour, removing capstones.

Hmmmm. Was that before or after chlorine and a nap?

So..... if he's en route from MG's parking lot to Broomfield at 4 am, he arrived around 7 am. Lugged all manner of things into a hotel room... (maybe he called Saturday night to reserve the room, from the 9th forward, knowing he'd be there bird early) shower off what he did overnight, clean his tools (why?), and then crash for a couple hours? Or did he go to the wall first, and nap after? Must've been nap first, wall second since he was gone when the crew arrived....

The whole thing looks sloppy and frenetic.

Perhaps there's a truth here -- BM was 100% truthful when he acknowledged he wasn't in his right mind. No kidding. No sleep, adrenaline high, testosterone surge, panicked actions and then the inevitable crash.

The wall's were closing in. Now, I dare say, they're falling down.

JMO

Just to be clear....

BM left wet towels for someone else to clean up....

BM left a questionable wall for someone else to clean up, first his crew, then whoever did it right....

Who is cleaning up after him now?

JMO

Last edited:
I don't remember hearing this part of the interview with Barry, start at 2:47.

"You're gonna have to figure this out on your own and went directly to the (stumbles over his words) to the site the bike was".

So Barry didn't go to the house, per his own words he went directly to the site where the bike was discovered ...

Last edited:
I don't remember hearing this part of the interview with Barry, start at 2:47.

"You're gonna have to figure this out on your own and went directly to the (stumbles over his words) to the site the bike was".

So Barry didn't go to the house, per his own words he went directly to the site where the bike was discovered ...
By the time he arrived though, law enforcement was already there. I don’t find this incriminating, as he would have pulled up, probably been questioned, and apparently couldn’t have entered his house if he wanted to.

It would have been logical for any person, innocent or otherwise, to go to the scene.

Random questions....

On MDW, how many Bobcats were in play?

Between midnight and 4 am, was BM driving something other than his own truck? An old Range Rover? And older car? Someone else's car? MG's car?

Did a Bobcat go to Broomfield?

Did BM do a mechanical thing to a Bobcat and was it before or after he used a Bobcat?

Where ARE the coolers? Landfill? I really hope LE has them in an evidence locker.

Wherever BM was between midnight and 4 am, did he return to PP during that time?

If he left Salida at midnight, where did he go for the next four hours?

Does he gain better access to the wooded acreage behind his property through someone else's property? Were there vehicles there he may have gained access to?

Is there good elk hunting back there?

And a nice mine?

JMO

Holy crap BM never invoiced for the job?????
Barry never ordered the materials for his workers to do the job. There was no load of stone coming, as MG was told and thought. It appears to have been a ruse to get himself and his workers up to Broomfield and create this urgency to fix a wall, that wasn't urgent and for which the necessary materials and tools weren't available.

Oh Barry. You so busted, dude.

IMO

The TD video.... BM soaking wet... if BM had to check on something, without taking his truck anywhere near there, he'd have to go on foot. The River Runs Through It. If he went into the brush, crossed the creek, to get to the other side, he could cover a lot of ground (not a 200 mile radius but a lot), especially if he knew right where he wanted to go.

The waterway may have only been the gateway to where he went.... I wonder how long he was away from his truck.

Triangulate....

Maybe he didn't go far after all.

JMO

He may have, especially if he buried her on the way. Regardless, if he had it there, then law enforcement would have thoroughly searched.

So I do not believe she is there.

Seems like Barry has a network of friends that take care of him.
If he used that big wild cat (speaking of Mr. Robert Cat) on his way to Broomfield, then perhaps the scent of decomp would be able to be found by cadaver dogs, if they brought a couple up there, to check the areas along the wall or wherever he was "prepping" the site.

IMO

Last edited:
By the time he arrived though, law enforcement was already there. I don’t find this incriminating, as he would have pulled up, probably been questioned, and apparently couldn’t have entered his house if he wanted to.

It would have been logical for any person, innocent or otherwise, to go to the scene.
Ok, I'll accept that logic. What about the word stumble? We know sometimes the brain doesn't cooperate with the mouth when recalling truthful details. JMO.

That's a very public thoroughfare.

BM also placed himself there at that location during the critical window.

He absolutely would not have buried SM there. It's much too exposed.

I like the searches of his hunting grounds.

JMO.

What about a quick scrape/coverup of something small, such as her phone?

Especially since he literally drives past the bike site to get to his house. Even an innocent husband would stop at the site once seeing LE parked there.

MOO

To me burying items connected to a missing and allegedly deceased family member in one or more work sites seems like an idiotic thing to do. I don't believe BM did that. It would be much easier and safer to destroy and then dump pieces into a trash dumpster somewhere along the way, or even if one was so inclined to bury those things, do so in a very remote area not near a job site.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member