Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandwiches....

If the bike was staged, is it possible the sighting was staged too? A stand in. Helmet, sunglasses, covid mask, could be just about anybody close to her size....

Or it didn't happen on Saturday, and it was Suzanne's take-out run on Friday.

I wonder if BM ever returned to the Poncha Market trash, later, well after closing, to finish whatever he started when he'd been interrupted by the shop owner.

Bring on the court room timeline posters.

JMO

To me burying items connected to a missing and allegedly deceased family member in one or more work sites seems like an idiotic thing to do. I don't believe BM did that. It would be much easier and safer to destroy and then dump pieces into a trash dumpster somewhere along the way, or even if one was so inclined to bury those things, do so in a very remote area not near a job site.

IMO

If he used the Bobcat for disposal, which we have reason to believe he did, but not only did vehicle data perhaps place him at the Salida jobsite at an odd hour, corroborated by thecear witness, maybe dogs hit everywhere that Bobcat went. Thus the very specific dig locales. Maybe he was working... but spreading scent everywhere. I can't help but wonder if he wasn't at the Salida site twice, perhaps to get something, then return it. Just before 4 am, for example.

If I could hike, I'd want to search every square inch of that national forest.

JMO

Okay.

Everybody, hang in here with me for a minute.

The dude Lauren interviewed back in Indiana said that he learned on May 7th that a crew would be going back to work on that retaining wall on May 11th.

May 7th.

That's Thursday.

We really need to think about the implications of this.

Specifically, the implications of this r/t both the timeline and the question of premeditation.

Per the worker LS interviewed, BM had no reason to feel rushed to do that job.

It wasn't urgent. There was no looming deadline to get it completed.

Which means that BM had his own reasons for wanting to get this rush job scheduled that had nothing to do with the contractor breathing down his neck.

Two possibilities:

1) SM "disappeared" much earlier than we think.

2) This crime was premeditated well in advance.

Thoughts?

JMO.

Last edited:

Okay.

The dude Lauren interviewed back in Indiana said that he learned on May 7th that a crew would be going back to work on that retaining wall on May 11th.

May 7th.

That's Thursday.

Specifically, the implications of this r/t the timeline and the question of premeditation.

Per the worker LS interview, BM had no reason to feel rushed to do that job.

Which means that BM had his own reasons for wanting to get this rush job scheduled that had nothing to do with the contractor breathing down his neck.

Two possibilities:

SM was killed much earlier than we think.

This crime was premeditated well in advance.

Thoughts?

JMO.
I thought that as well..but he also could have killed her in rage and come up with the idea of going to the job a day early.

Last edited:
I know we've been over this a million times... but if a person drove a diesel truck down to a shoreline, that had conveniently and recently been raked smooth, providing a nice solid surface to drive on, how loud would that truck be, say across land and water? A truck such as that was loud enough for MG to hear and identify... what if a truck such as that were used primarily as a light source, for swapping attachments? An oddly timed mechanical thing..... how long would that take? Not stealing, trading.

There's a vortex here and I can't stop the swirl. Elk. Coolers. Bobcat. Water. Bleach. Jobsites. Mines. Hunting grounds.

Correction: mine, singular.

Oh, Bob, what have you done?

JMO
I’m loving this new search. I’ve been suspecting some water element ever since the TD video and his comments that BM was soaking wet.

Okay.

May 7th.

That's Thursday.

Specifically, the implications of this r/t both the timeline and the question of premeditation.

Per the worker LS interview, BM had no reason to feel rushed to do that job.

Two possibilities:

SM was killed much earlier than we think.

This crime was premeditated well in advance.

Thoughts?

JMO.
or the job was planned for Monday, he lost his mind on Saturday and killed her, and panicked making it seem urgent for Sunday. MOO.

I always want to know how the weekend was supposed to go.

From Lauren, we learn the girls left on Wednesday only....

Suzanne attempted to fix her bike on Thursday.... may have gotten take out on Friday (her last meal?).... planned to chat all day on Saturday with her friend, then "attend" the wedding virtually on Sunday, also expecting the girls to return for MD.

Barry worked Friday night, had MG scheduled to work all day Saturday but let her go early. Why?

Perhaps there was a plan, prior even to May 6th. Perhaps Suzanne wanted her freedom, her independence, her money, and he was desperate to make sure that she didn't get that. First by coercion, then by force.

Or did he purposefully plan the wall repair, with just MG, for May 11th, so he'd be unable to attend Suzanne's maintenance appointment?

When he scheduled that project on May 7th, did he know he'd be a single man by May 11th? Or was he thinking he could talk Suzanne out of leaving, if in fact that topic came up that weekend?

Maybe BM was scrambling to keep his marriage alive until he was suddenly desperate to make it look like his wife still was.

JMO

I thought that as well..but he also could have killed her in rage and come up with the idea of going to the job a day early.

Very true.

But I'm wondering why the sudden impetus in the first place to go work on that crummy wall when BM wasn't even getting paid for the repair job, since he's the one who screwed it all up miserably, "like kids did it."

The Indy guy found out on Thursday, May 7th, that a crew was going out on Monday, May 11th.

BM didn't start rounding a crew up until Friday.

So what exactly inspired BM on May 7th to line up this Monday job, when he hadn't even assembled a crew for it?

JMO.

Last edited:
Two possibilities:

Thoughts?

Allegedly SM was alive on Saturday May 9th at least up to some point that morning or afternoon. Supposedly she and BM were spotted getting sandwiches around 4pm that day. I don't know if that's correct or not, but that's what has been said.

So if BM was pre-planning her demise, it seemed to have taken place on Saturday, at the most about 11 hours from the time his truck's engine was heard by MG at her apartment building. I think he may have been planning for it but maybe was a bit flexible on exactly 'when' within those few days.

IMO

I really hope that CBI or FBI searches that job site in Broomfield. It’s hard to imagine that BM would be so careless as to try to bury her there but then maybe he could send the crew out there On Sunday and if anything was discovered, try to pin things on “meth heads” and “ex convicts” working at the site, so who knows? Anyone know of it has been searched?

When doing warranty/make-right work, most companies still create a $0.00 invoice. It is the proper way to keep records for various reasons.

MOO

Yes - it needs to be done so that the purchaser can't say it wasn't done and so that it's clear where employees (if they aren't subcontractors) were working (liability reasons).

However, I get the strong impression that BM is one of those "contractors" (not a licensed contractor) who likely does a lot of payment under the table. If he'd ever made the big time, with lots of big contracts and actual employees, he'd have had to develop better practices.

I think BM used a variety of LLC's, as people do, to evade certain employment rules...

Okay.

May 7th.

That's Thursday.

Per the worker LS interviewed, BM had no reason to feel rushed to do that job.

Two possibilities:

Thoughts?

JMO.

To me, the urgency to get there sooner than he needed to be there, lends more credibility to the idea that "it" was a sudden, unplanned thing, that NOW he needed to cover up. Since he was expected to be up in Broomfield on Monday anyway, he bumped the timeline up.

jmo

I kind of got the impression that they do what they do, based on donations from subscribers to their YT channel. IOW, if the resources are there, they go and do what they do.

In any case, I do hope they're welcomed by the CCSO.
Most importantly, I hope they find SM.

Oh, and yes, BM must be absolutely delighted that these guys are coming to assist in the search for his beloved wife. I mean, whatever it takes, eh? No questions asked. I wonder if he'll be available to consult with them when they get there?

jmo
Love this post !
Esp. the last paragraph. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads