Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have more answers once we hear where the vehicle was found, and in what condition.

I don't feel like this was a self-imposed disappearance, but that's just gut feel on my part.

Although, the absence of a statement from his husband is becoming very conspicuous. Maybe they were having some issues and he just needed a break?

Well personally, I think anytime someone with what appears to be large sums of money are involved a close look is required. The Daybell case has forever caused me to look at how some view money and life insurance as well.

But, I happen to always ask myself, “what don’t we know”.
Alan White (shocked at how poorly written his bio is)
Kpmg Director Advisory Salaries

It looks like Alan is making a decent wage at KPMG. Not sure what kind of money his husband brings to the marriage, but even if it's half of what his partner makes that's a nice lifestyle. We know they bought and remodeled mid-century homes, then sold them. That doesn't sound like a risk producing venture? We have no idea if he had things in his private life which were risky. We just don't know enough about Alan or his circumstances to know which direction to go. Hopefully we'll hear more about the car soon.

I'm heavily invested in the Suzanne Morphew case, so hyper-sensitive to the behavior of the spouse in MP cases. I'm still wondering why we haven't heard from him in this case.

LA Fitness - DALLAS UPTOWN
Was looking up the last known location, LA Fitness and determined it opens at 5 am. Also worth noting are the crappy reviews it has received, including one complaining of a sex offender working there.

They must not monitor their Facebook page because you can change it to not allow or receive reviews which I would in a heartbeat with those reviews. I’m learning there are quite a few companies that could benefit from social media monitoring... geesh.

I wonder if he got a call while he was at the gym and that’s why he left soon after he got there. Would love to know if anyone saw him there and could say what his mood may have been. Did he rush out? Or was it a normal workout.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he got a call while he was at the gym and that’s why he left soon after he got there. Would love to know if anyone saw him there and could say what his mood may have been. Did he rush out? Or was it a normal workout.

Another thought: Perhaps he left to meet up with someone he met online?
Well, after just looking through Facebook tags of the gym, I don’t think he’d have to meet someone online.

The reviews and overall presence or vibe of this gym from its social media presence is somewhat sketchy. Take a look thru Facebook with search terms like “LA Fitness Uptown Dallas” . Makes me wonder even more why two gyms between Alan and his husband.

I hope every current employee or even recently separated employee is interviewed.

So much will be gleaned if we find out where car was found and in what condition.

Wow, I see that the Porsche was located, but not info on where. In Texas? Wonder why LE won't say.
I think back to the poster who saw a dark Porsche Macan in NC (?) somewhere, seemingly out of place in the particular area. Couldn't be, could it?
Where is Alan?
Like others here, I'm leaning to foul play...sadly.

Glad to hear the SUV Alan was driving was found as it's a big step forward to finding Alan. But there are so many questions.
  • Was vehicle in the same area as his phone last pinged?
  • Or was vehicle found randomly?
  • Were Alan's personal belongings in the vehicle?
  • Damage to vehicle?
  • Any signs of foul play in vehicle?
  • Cameras in area where vehicle was found?
Where are you Alan? I'm confident LE is getting close here.

MOO

Something about this case reminds me of the Robert Mayer case from the LI area (Dix Hills). Although his car was also found, he still hasn't been and it's been 7 years now.

The discussion threads on his case are closed, but there is still a support thread here on him for those unfamiliar who might be interested. NY - NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013

I hope they are able to find Alan and if something is amiss, figure out what happened.

The gym may be part of his employment package.
If it is, then why did he choose that location? There is more to why he chose that location. It may have to do with his lifestyle. Is it possible it was a more “friendly” location? After all, when you are a member of one LA Fitness you can go to any location and there is one 3 minutes from his home, instead he chose one 12 minutes away . Why? His home address was shared in his Instagram post here. Login • Instagram

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
House to nearest

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
12 minutes away on Haskell where he chose.

La fitness rules: Everything You Need to Know About LA Fitness | Tops Health Info

If he used to work out before going to his office, the Haskell gym would be a logical choice since it's on the way. Maybe that's why he prefered it to the closer location. Or, based on where it is, I assume there would be more of a gay clientele at the Haskell location, vs straight bros <modsnip> at the closer one.

I think they're purposely not saying where the vehicle was found for some reason. Several people have asked the reporter on Twitter and FB where it was found, and there was no response. Same on Alan's brother's FB page, and he's been on the page since the question was asked and made other comments, but blatantly ignored that one. That leads me to believe that perhaps the police have asked them not to say.

My brother goes to a gym 20 mins away when there are SO many nicer ones close by, so I don’t find that strange. Nor do I find it strange that they use separate gyms. They might like working out alone, or the space especially during working from home together might feel good and healthy for their relationship for some “alone time”
I think we will find someone nefarious followed him from the gym, or that he did return home and something happened with his partner before his online meetings could begin. Moo

'Someone out there knows something': Family pushes to find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

The family of a missing Dallas businessman is speaking for the first time since the car he was driving was located earlier this week in South Dallas.

[...]

“Finding the car was a big plus, a major plus,” White’s brother Tim said. “They were going to start processing once they had the proper paperwork to do it.”

Alan was captured on video checking in to the LA Fitness on Haskell Avenue around 5 a.m. Oct. 22. He left roughly 40 minutes later.

[...]

“We know that someone out there knows something about him, and we just want him home safe and sound,” White added. “If someone has taken him or has done something with him physically, and he’s no longer around, we’ll have to deal with that, but we just want to find him.”

7eca14f2-40c9-4b54-8b01-169eb8868194_1140x641.jpg

the car he was driving was located earlier this week in South Dallas.

Worst case scenario IMO. <modsnip> from south Dallas are notorious for driving up to wealthier central/north Dallas and robbing/carjacking. Victims like Leslie Baker, Don Morrow, Mary Boyd. This was my first thought when I heard about this case and the location it took place.

I wonder if he got a call while he was at the gym and that’s why he left soon after he got there...
This was my first thought. It doesn't make sense to me that he would leave so soon after arriving at the gym.

Just speculation here:

It sounds like he received a call or a text with some sort of "emergency." Someone needed his help, and he left to render aid. He then must have left in another vehicle under the guise of helping someone that he knew.

It was a set up of some sort because his vehicle was left behind. I'm afraid this is not going to be a good ending. I am afraid for this guy.

I hope that the police have access to his phone records. His husband should be on the same phone plan and should have allowed police immediate access to the records if he is not involved.

I also do not understand why the husband and him were not members of the same gym. I find that very strange.

JMO.

Worst case scenario. Thugs from south Dallas are notorious for driving up to wealthier central/north Dallas and robbing/carjacking. Victims like Leslie Baker, Don Morrow, Mary Boyd. This was my first thought when I heard about this case and the location it took place.
BBM. Were these victims taken to another location and left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa