Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Heard beams while horseback riding in LA | Daily Mail Online

"Amber Heard was spotted beaming while horseback riding in Los Angeles, as she prepares to learn if her ex-husband Johnny Depp won a libel suit against a newspaper that claimed he was a 'wife-beater' during their chaotic marriage.

The 34-year-old actress seemed in high spirits during her two-hour riding session at a local stable on Wednesday afternoon.

She flashed wide smiles and pulled some funny faces during the activity, seemingly putting out of her mind the upcoming verdict in Depp's libel case against UK newspaper The Sun.

Heard had traveled to England in July to give evidence against her 52-year-old ex-husband during a high-profile, three-week hearing at London's High Court.

The extraordinary case laid bare their tempestuous private lives as the court was told of allegations of serious domestic abuse, drug taking and affairs.

The judgement in the 'Depp v News Group Newspapers Ltd' case will be published online at 10am on Monday and there will be no hearing at court."

I sure hope he wins the case, because then it will set the tone for the case against her. She's living her best life, though. What is even going to happen to her? Nothing, she will get another boyfriend or girlfriend, live off of them for a while, get bored and move on to the next, she will get whatever she wants as long as she stays pretty.

I sure hope he wins the case, because then it will set the tone for the case against her. She's living her best life, though. What is even going to happen to her? Nothing, she will get another boyfriend or girlfriend, live off of them for a while, get bored and move on to the next, she will get whatever she wants as long as she stays pretty.

“Pretty is as pretty does”
AH reminds me of all the sage Southern sayings...
Now “don’t act ugly”
“Beauty fades but ugly is forever”

Time and karma. Hang in there Johnny.
MOO

“Pretty is as pretty does”
AH reminds me of all the sage Southern sayings...
Now “don’t act ugly”
“Beauty fades but ugly is forever”

Time and karma. Hang in there Johnny.
MOO
I used to like her and think she was cool lol. I believed her when she accused him, such a shame that she lied because that damages the people who are actually telling the truth. So selfish and evil. I'm glad she didn't get to enjoy the divorce money though lol.

I used to like her and think she was cool lol. I believed her when she accused him, such a shame that she lied because that damages the people who are actually telling the truth. So selfish and evil. I'm glad she didn't get to enjoy the divorce money though lol.

I didn't believe her in the beginning because I'd never ever heard a bad word about him being vicious in that way. He's always worked hard, dedicated and kind.

She's a nasty piece of work, 'gold digger'!

Ruling expected in Johnny Depp's high-stakes tabloid libel suit | wbir.com

"A British judge will decide Monday whether a tabloid newspaper defamed Johnny Depp by calling him a "wife beater," a ruling with huge implications for the careers of both Depp and former spouse Amber Heard.

Heard, 34, testified as the main witness for the defense, saying Depp turned into a violent alter ego he dubbed the "Monster" when under the influence of alcohol and drugs. She alleged 14 separate incidents between 2013 and 2016 in which he hit, slapped and shoved her, pulled her hair and threw bottles at her. The alleged assaults took place in glamorous settings including the couple's luxury penthouse, Depp's private island in the Bahamas and an executive jet.

Depp, 57, branded he allegations "sick" and a "hoax" and claimed Heard was the aggressor during their relationship. He claimed that Heard hit him, even severing the tip of his finger with a thrown vodka bottle during an altercation in Australia during filming of a "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie.

Depp acknowledged heavy drug use, saying he took marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy and magic mushrooms, and became addicted to opioid painkillers. But he denied that drugs made him violent."

Aw, well, Johnny, the show must go on, so let it. The sooner put behind you, the better. Dirty laundry doesn't always need to be aired in public.

Oh nooooooo. Not good news.

Just heard on Sky News in UK case is lost.

Well IMO, at least we got to see what a liar and cheater she is! Elevators have cameras!ha! She may have poor luck snagging another sugar daddy as she has certainly shown her true colors. AND... If any production company has a brain they will pass on using her. She needs to take her stupid selfies and go away.

MOO

Well IMO, at least we got to see what a liar and cheater she is! Elevators have cameras!ha! She may have poor luck snagging another sugar daddy as she has certainly shown her true colors. AND... If any production company has a brain they will pass on using her. She needs to take her stupid selfies and go away.

MOO

Yes, she sure did show her true colours. Let this be a warning to any self respecting man. If they want to keep their cash and their good name to stay well away from her.

Awright, so more dirty laundry it is.

This could rumble on for months and years I reckon.
Awright, so more dirty laundry it is.

Yup...

Jenny Afia, of Schillings law firm, said:

"This decision is as perverse as it is bewildering. Most troubling is the judge's reliance on the testimony of Amber Heard, and corresponding disregard of the mountain of counter-evidence from police officers, medical practitioners, her own former assistant, other unchallenged witnesses and an array of documentary evidence which completely undermined the allegations, point by point. All of this was overlooked. The judgment is so flawed that it would be ridiculous for Mr Depp not to appeal this decision."

Ms Afia then referenced a separate hearing due to be held in the US in 2021; Depp has brought a $50m (£39m) defamation case against Heard over an opinion piece she wrote in The Washington Post in December 2018.

"In the meantime, we hope that in contrast to this case, the ongoing libel proceedings in America are equitable, with both parties providing full disclosure rather than one side strategically cherry picking what evidence can and cannot be relied upon"

Johnny Depp's lawyers may appeal 'perverse and bewildering' libel case ruling.

Why is anyone surprised?

The Sun called him a wife beater. He took offense. So the judge had to ask:
Was she his wife? Yes.
Did he ever beat her? Yes.
The rest is not relevant to the defamation case.

If I never see these two again it will be too soon.

Johnny Depp's legal team has described the dismissal of his libel case against The Sun as "perverse" and "bewildering" and said it would be "ridiculous" not to appeal.
"Most troubling is the judge's reliance on the testimony of Amber Heard, and corresponding disregard of the mountain of counter-evidence from police officers, medical practitioners, her own former assistant, other unchallenged witnesses and an array of documentary evidence which completely undermined the allegations, point by point.

"All of this was overlooked. The judgment is so flawed that it would be ridiculous for Mr Depp not to appeal this decision."
Johnny Depp's lawyers may appeal 'perverse and bewildering' libel case ruling

Maybe the judge just really really liked Aquaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288