GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

Austin-Gatson also told Thomas that she is expanding the county’s cold case unit, putting two full-time investigators on those cases.

“If they have hit a stump where there is no further investigative things they haven’t done, if we take a fresh look at it, we may discover something,” Austin-Gatson said.

Erika Wilson is one of more than 170 mothers across Gwinnett County wondering who attacked, and in some cases killed, their children.

Her son Justin Gaines disappeared in 2007.

“I just wish someone would come forward and give us the right information,” Wilson said. “It’s hard to imagine people could know things for so long and not give us answers.”

Justin’s case is just one of the cold cases that the Gwinnett County DA’s office will potentially take another look at.

Metro DA to start new squad to look into possible wrongful convictions, cold cases

If anybody hasn't listened to The Unfound Podcast Channel W/ the Episode Justin Glen Gaines Look Who's Talking on YouTube I highly suggest you listen to it.

The host interviews Justin's mother and she gives a LOT of information ie his background etc.

One interesting thing she mentioned was that Justin called well over 50 people looking for a ride that night.

This is a new interview fron 2022

During the late evening/early morning hours of Nov. 7, 2007, 18-year-old University of North Georgia College Freshman Justin Gaines was present at Wild Bill’s Nightclub in Duluth, near Gwinnett Place Mall in Gwinnett County. Justin was last seen at approximately 1:30 a.m., entering a vehicle with several individuals.

Shortly after his disappearance a missing person’s call was placed by the Gaines family. This incident was extensively investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Homicide Division and later
included extensive investigation efforts by the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office, Barrow County Sheriff’s Office, City of Monroe Police Department and the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.

In 2015, officers from multiple agencies searched the High Shoals area near the Apalachee River in Walton County, working on a tip from an inmate jailed in the local jail that Gaines’ body might be in an old well. At that time, The Gwinnett Sheriff’s Office, DNR Rangers and Georgia State Patrol, that included a search in three wells and a pond in the area. That search was subsequently called off.Gaines, of Snellville, was 18 at the time he was last seen on Nov. 2, 2007 at Wild Bill’s near Duluth.

During the spring of 2022, investigative efforts have been focused on Walton County and are being conducted by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Homicide Unit.

Aug. 27, 2023 By Mica Thomas
1693194459903.png
''Erika said her son was very sociable and made friends easily. “He could walk up to a stranger and hold a conversation for hours,” she said.

Erika told Dateline the bartenders at Wild Bill’s knew Justin and throughout the night, he was captured on the club’s security camera.

That security camera even captured the last moments before Justin’s disappearance.

It was around 1:30 a.m. on Friday, November 2, 2007.

Justin was seen standing outside of the club. Erika told Dateline that according to his phone records, Justin was calling friends to ask for a ride home.''
Erika Wilson with her son, Justin Gaines
Erika Wilson with her son, Justin GainesErika Wilson
''Investigators shared their working theory with 11Alive, NBC’s Atlanta affiliate, back in 2019. They believe Justin, who was wearing a diamond earring and flashing cash, caught the wrong person’s attention that night in Wild Bill’s. They believe that Justin may have been offered a ride by a blonde woman and was then taken to a house in Snellville, where he was robbed and shot to death. Then, they think that his body was dumped into Lake Lanier, but floated up a few days later, so the suspects then drove his body to another county to dispose of it in a well. However, the Chief Deputy of the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department told 11Alive that the hard part about all the theories is figuring out: “Are they credible?”

''Investigator Rising told Dateline that the department constantly receives leads regarding Justin’s case. “I’ve got about three now that I feel good about,” he said.''

This missing persons case is all over the place. I lived near the area that Justin was when he went missing. Wild Bills was never my favorite. Always felt trashy to me. This is the first time I’ve heard about this case. Feel sorry for his family. Would like to know more about more of these theories. There’s this Dylan guy, some blonde lady the mom mentions in her article and a few others. Anyone research???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back