CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #5

If anyone in the UK is following this story, the doc. will be available there too, Aug 30 2020.
How to watch the Golden State Killer documentary in the UK
''A brand new crime documentary series exploring the Golden State Killer is heading to our screens.

Entitled I'll Be Gone in the Dark, it's likely to be many people's latest obsession and is based on Michelle McNamara's true crime book of the same name, which was released in 2018.

It will premiere on Sunday, August 30 on new channel Sky Crime and . It will then air weekly or you can watch the entire series on Sky Q or

From HBO and directed by Academy Award nominee Liz Garbus, the six-part series gives a voice to the survivors and their families, documenting an era when sex crimes were often dismissed or hidden in shame.''

From his daughters letter he appears to have completely hid the side of him that raped and murdered for many years, he was a good father and grandfather, I am sure they will struggle their whole lives trying to reconcile the man they knew with the man they now know their father is. The only tiny bit of solace for them maybe that he committed all his crimes but one before they were all born, so as their father he was not active in his horrific crime spree.

I think they may have many questions for their mother as she was married to him throughout all his attacks. I have huge sympathy for them as their who image of their father must be shattered, and they now must live in the knowledge that their father committed crimes that are horrific and such a huge amount of crimes with hundreds of victims.

I hope they are left alone unless they chose to go public as they didn't choose him to be their father, and he deceived them as he deceived everybody for over 40 years.

I do have empathy for families of perpetrators, but this comment in the above post "I hope they are left alone unless they chose to go public"...

the daughter chose to release that statement and not only go public, but attempt to be on record giving accolades to her father to the world vs. privately to her father and family (while slamming her mother MOO) after the guilty verdict, all 5 pages.

All MOO. She has chosen.

I think I feel more for the direct victims of GSK who lost their lives, their physical and mental trauma, lost their loved ones, through no fault of their own.

To me the daughter's 5 page character recommendation for GSK is offensive. Reminds me of Sarah the poor self pitying daughter of a murderer who killed his wife, her mother, in Melbourne Australia.

Edit with link:
Found Deceased - Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

Ditto

Did she gloss over his ranting and raving in the backyard, screaming at the neighbor, threatening to kill the neighbor's dog? I think she was trying to save her dad by presenting him in the best light she could. Understandable, but not accurate.

Yet what was she saving him from? *scratches head*... perhaps that others in prison would give him a pass that he was good to his family? I really cannot figure out ....

Did she really not think there was a possibility that anything she said would give him less than 15 years..

She was making a statement ...

Am I the only one who was completely creeped out by him jumping up on the desk to cover the lights? So many victims said he would turn on the TV and then cover it with a towel, to not have direct light. This guy is methodical and a creature of habit or doing things the same way over and over. I find it so hard to believe that no one in his life ever heard anything that rang a bell to them, that was a trait they recognizedas familiar. Im just not buying it.

I am surprised he spoke at the end. But he's not sorry. That's for sure. He sat without a single movement- stoic, masked, listening to the details of his attacks. To him, that was like going to a ceremony to honor your accomplishments. He considers those accomplishments. He might be the sickest human I've ever seen.

*shivers* I think you are correct! I had never thought of the comparison of him covering the tv's with what he did in prison as to covering the lights

*shivers*

Manipulative and trying to take control as a F U to the end for him! MOO

Last edited:

Is it possible she is also a sexual abuse survivor? She is now defending her own abusive father?
I've heard about the "trauma bonding." could she be aware but cannot fully accept it?
I bet she knows more than she is saying.

Last edited:
I missed that. When was that stated?

ETA this is what Paul Holes said -

Golden State Killer: Are Joseph DeAngelo’s Court Appearances In A Wheelchair Part Of An Act?
There is an episode of The Murder Squad, the July 6th episode, where Paul Holes and Billy Jensen talk about one of the hearings. Paul mentions that there will be evidence coming out about how it’s (feeble old man) all been an act. He didn’t give specifics but was pretty solid that we would get the info.

ETA: I just realized that you already knew all of this. ‍♀️

Last edited:
Her letter is, quite frankly and IMO, bizarre.

This is a 38 yr old woman who, by her admission, appears to have lived at home with daddy her entire life, with him allegedly waiting on her and her daughter. I don't know what's true and what might be fantasy, but it's not what I think of when I think of a normal grown, educated, almost-40 woman. The letter sounds like it was written by a teenager.

The other thing that's interesting is that it doesn't seem she has much of a relationship if any, or at least not a positive relationship, with her mother.

Again, all the above is IMO.
I share this opinion. I hadn’t seen this letter before today but it strikes an odd tone. He taught her how to be independent but she and her adult daughter both live with him? I’m not trying to judge anyone’s life circumstances but that math doesn’t quite add up.

Is it possible she is also a sexual abuse survivor? She is now defending her own abusive father?
I've heard about the "trauma bonding." could she be aware but cannot fully accept it?
I bet she knows more than she is saying.
This is exactly what I thought.

RSBM
Good catch on equating his covering the lights in his cell to covering the TVs at the crime scenes.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that these details of the cases were not released to the public at that time, so were not as widely known as they are now. I could be wrong. I'm sure someone that has followed the case much more closely than I will correct me (and I would welcome it!). But I seriously doubt that details of rapes and murders were made public, so no way to "recognize" this trait in him. IMO.

I wonder if we will ever find out if he had kept any of the items he stole?
When he was arrested there was a list of items released IIRC that they found during the search that were from victims.

Right you are , thank you , I was just about to post the same thing.

Williams would wear a black jogging outfit and also carry a black balaclava if he needed to cover his face. Clever. Nobody would be suspicious of a jogger in the neighborhood late at night.

By wearing black he could hide in the shadows and peep into windows to plan his next victim.

I do see, what you are going for, but the GSK was far more prolific.

His wife told LE, that she was also tricked by him and told a lot of excuses.

It's hard to believe, but perhaps the truth.
A lot of serial offenders have kind of special relationships with a lot of free time on their own.

I do see, what you are going for, but the GSK was far more prolific.

His wife told LE, that she was also tricked by him and told a lot of excuses.

It's hard to believe, but perhaps the truth.
A lot of serial offenders have kind of special relationships with a lot of free time on their own.
Yes GSK was more prolific as far as murder , Russell Williams only murdered 2 but did about 80 break ins , often when the people were sleeping.

But never mind that . Mostly I want to share your puzzlement about how these guys keep it hidden from their wives.

Even in Russell's case he had a duffel bag full of stolen girls underwear .... but he stored it in his wife's house where she could easily have stumbled upon it.

Yes GSK was more prolific as far as murder , Russell Williams only murdered 2 but did about 80 break ins , often when the people were sleeping.

But never mind that . Mostly I want to share your puzzlement about how these guys keep it hidden from their wives.

Even in Russell's case he had a duffel bag full of stolen girls underwear .... but he stored it in his wife's house where she could easily have stumbled upon it.
They are probably pretty good liars. If you don’t lie yourself, it can be quite convincing when people lie to you....you don’t expect lies.

For decades, the Golden State Killer case had loomed large among cold-case enthusiasts. The nickname was coined by Michelle McNamara.
Sure enough, just months after the book’s release, the police announced Mr. DeAngelo’s arrest, crediting the break in the case to the accessing of the database at GEDmatch, a service that collects data from private DNA testing companies like 23andMe.
The floodgates opened. Ms. Hart on Long Island wasn’t the only person wondering if something similar could happen for New York’s most famous unsolved multiple-murder investigation...

Right away, she called an old colleague at the F.B.I.’s Long Island office who was up to speed on this very technology.

The Gilgo Beach Murders Were a Cold Case. Then a New Police Chief Arrived.

Deangelo was transferred this morning to North Kern State Prison.

Link to local news article with current picture Convicted Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo Transferred From Sacramento County Jail To State Prison Facility
Thanks for the link..
DeAngeloBM4015.jpg

New photo of DeAngelo from his transfer to North Kern State Prison. (Credit: CDCR)
''The facility where DeAngelo was transfered to on Tuesday will process him and help officials determine where he will placed permanently, based of factors like security, medical, psychiatric and program needs.''

Thanks for the link..
DeAngeloBM4015.jpg

New photo of DeAngelo from his transfer to North Kern State Prison. (Credit: CDCR)
''The facility where DeAngelo was transfered to on Tuesday will process him and help officials determine where he will placed permanently, based of factors like security, medical, psychiatric and program needs.''
The performance art he's putting on of frail old man is just so pathetic.

I just heard about this podcast - "The Lawyer's Daughter," referenced in the latest episode of Man in the Window (LA Times podcast)... haven't listened yet, but it might be of interest for those who follow this case:

Podcast Description:
I'm Jennifer Carole and I am the Lawyer's Daughter. My dad (a lawyer) and my stepmom were murdered in March 1980 in Ventura, California. Through cold case detective work and DNA, our crime was linked to the notorious Golden State Killer. The pod includes real-time reporting and memories. I'll podcast during his preliminary trial in May 2020. It's just me so I'll be using a live, radio-style of podcasting. Feedback always welcome!

The Lawyer's Daughter | The Golden State Killer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back