OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean he lost his lifestyle? But I've wondered about that too, that the Wagners had something more to lose.

I wonder why they're all so hell-bent on taking possession of their children and keeping them away from their mothers.

@Johnny B Bad correct me if I'm wrong.

We were talking about the reason George went along with the murder plot when he had nothing to gain and everything to lose. That there might be some other reason that we do not know about as to why George participated in what was essentially Jake's custody problem not his.

George says on his Facebook that his son is his "whole life" and it is difficult to understand why on earth would he jepordize his relationship with his son just to do his brother's bidding?

It appears to me that Jake is at the center of all this with all the motive and something he wanted to gain. Next comes Angie. But what beef did George have with the Rhodens?

Last edited:
What do you mean he lost his lifestyle? But I've wondered about that too, that the Wagners had something more to lose.

I wonder why they're all so hell-bent on taking possession of their children and keeping them away from their mothers.

We were talking about the reason George (GW4) went along with the murder plot when he had nothing to gain and everything to lose. That there might be some other reason that we do not know about as to why George participated in what was essentially Jake's custody problem not his.

George says on his Facebook that his son is his "whole life" and it is difficult to understand why on earth would he jepordize his relationship with his son just to do his brother's bidding?

It appears to me that Jake is at the center of all this with all the motive and something he wanted to gain. Next comes Angie. But what beef did George have with the Rhodens? What did George expect to gain?

As to the kids?
Well, the Wagners were (still are I think) obsessed with custody and control of the children according to DeWine, because they are what Canepa said:

A cult-like family who did everything together. I think the kids are possessions to them, an extension of themselves. The Wagner's, especially Angie/Jake/George are a very enmeshed family with no personal boundaries.

...2 Cents...

Last edited:

We were talking about the reason George went along with the murder plot when he had nothing to gain and everything to lose. That there might be some other reason that we do not know about as to why George participated in what was essentially Jake's custody problem not his.

It appears to me that Jake is at the center of all this with all the motive and something he wanted to gain. Next comes Angie. But what beef did George have with the Rhodens?
Your right CC that is what we was talking about, what did GW4 have to gain, we know what he has lost, JMO

Your welcome,
So do you think that the child custody thing was a small part to the killing and the love rejection from Hanna was the main part in Jakes mind????
Johnny, I think the child custody was at the center. I also think there was something else going on we didn't know about that HR and the Rhoden family knew. I think in all their threats and bullying of her HR made threats back and they knew if she told they would go to prison. JMO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I found an article about the civil lawsuits where Fred's attorney is mentioned:

Jim Owen, representing Fredericka Wagner, said the lawsuit contained the same “totally bogus” accusations raised by the state in its failed bid to prosecute her.

“The allegations made by the state were demonstrated to be flat-out dead wrong,” Owen said. “That’s why they dismissed their case rather than go to trial.”

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS
51 minutes ago
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)

Relative of 8 slaying victims files wrongful death lawsuit

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad he is doing this! It hits them, especially FW, where it hurts the most… In the pocketbook! I hope he gets a fair judgment, one that depletes the Wagner’s resources greatly!Can this lawsuit go ahead before the criminal resolution, or do they have to wait until the criminal process plays out? Anybody know?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I found an article about the civil lawsuits where Fred's attorney is mentioned:

Jim Owen, representing Fredericka Wagner, said the lawsuit contained the same “totally bogus” accusations raised by the state in its failed bid to prosecute her.

“The allegations made by the state were demonstrated to be flat-out dead wrong,” Owen said. “That’s why they dismissed their case rather than go to trial.”

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS
51 minutes ago
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)

Relative of 8 slaying victims files wrongful death lawsuit
Thank you CC. I enjoy reading others view on the current status of the trial too. Often a member will make a post and it is totally different than anything I had considered. I have followed this case from day one, but unfortunately I was on the gossip topic forum and really did not learn much.

oooohhhh FW's lawyer may have to eat those words, according to the prosecution they were dismissed with prejudice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad he is doing this! It hits them, especially FW, where it hurts the most… In the pocketbook! I hope he gets a fair judgment, one that depletes the Wagner’s resources greatly!Can this lawsuit go ahead before the criminal resolution, or do they have to wait until the criminal process plays out? Anybody know?
Lisette, that is really good question. I am not sure if the civil trial can happen before the criminal trial. I am also wondering how the civil suite will prevent FW from doing business, buying/selling, depleting resources, or helping to pay for any of the 4s legal expenses.

Are free lawyers provided to the indigent in civil actions?
No.

But there are legal aid services amongst others to help people in civil suits who cannot afford attorneys.

Billy's attorney says this:

Attorney Mark Collins, representing George Billy Wagner III, said, “Once he gets served, I’ll get him to an appropriate civil attorney to defend that.”

My guess is Fred will hire her attorney to represent him. Will Fred pay for the other Wagners? Good question.

April 29, 2020, at 11:23 a.m.
https://money.usnews.com/money/pers...find-legal-help-when-you-cant-afford-a-lawyer

In a criminal proceeding, if you can't afford legal assistance, a court will appoint an attorney for you. In a civil case, generally described as a dispute between two private parties, to get legal representation, you have to get creative.

Here's how to find legal help if you can't afford a lawyer:

• Contact the city courthouse.
  • Seek free lawyer consultations.
  • Look to legal aid societies.
  • Visit a law school.
  • Contact your county or state bar association.
  • Go to small claims court.
Depending on your situation, you can employ a variety of strategies to get free legal advice or cheap legal assistance. Read on for more information on each option.

Last edited:

Lisette, that is really good question. I am not sure if the civil trial can happen before the criminal trial. I am also wondering how the civil suite will prevent FW from doing business, buying/selling, depleting resources, or helping to pay for any of the 4s legal expenses.

I wonder, if like in the OJ case, he had to take the stand in the civil case. I wonder if Ohio has the same rules, were the wags would have to take the stand, not like the criminal cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong