Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we mentioned this previously as this article is from June. Could be interpreted that they have no evidence of MM on film (does it rule out a photo though?). Or could be interpreted that they have no direct evidence that "he" (CB) himself filmed something (but they do have some sort of film/photo).

Not entirely clear but if he did mean the former, then why has he since refused to comment on whether they have photos/videos of MM on at least 3 further occasions when asked that question?

I think the key word in his statement is "direct". No "direct" evidence means something entirely different to No evidence. Direct has the implication that it can be undoubtedly attributed to CB. So a video which does not show him and cannot be tied to him in some way would not be direct evidence. JMO........
What if BKA has acquired from PJ the complete sets of photos taken by the PJ inside the apartment in the early hours May 4th?

I think HCW believes that because CB has filmed abuse in the past, filming or photographing MM would fit his M.O.
The suggestion that she wasn't held for a long time could be a purely based on statistics of abducted children.

I'm a little concerned now that apart from HB's testimony the rest is just based on a criminal profiler's report on CB using behavioral and psychological trace evidence in order to deduce CB's likely characteristics.

Losing faith .............:(

But what about this lady, Lenta Johlitz, she has spoken up, and isn't a criminal, she worked with him

Yes, we mentioned this previously as this article is from June. Could be interpreted that they have no evidence of MM on film (does it rule out a photo though?). Or could be interpreted that they have no direct evidence that "he" (CB) himself filmed something (but they do have some sort of film/photo).

Not entirely clear but if he did mean the former, then why has he since refused to comment on whether they have photos/videos of MM on at least 3 further occasions when asked that question?

I think the key word in his statement is "direct". No "direct" evidence means something entirely different to No evidence. Direct has the implication that it can be undoubtedly attributed to CB. So a video which does not show him and cannot be tied to him in some way would not be direct evidence. JMO.

How indeed. And also that they are "sure" she died in Portugal, and that he acted without any accomplices. Don't want to keep banging the same drum, but a death in the apartment scenario might explain all those comments (and others) if that is what they are convinced happened.

Keep banging! If not death in the apartment, based on your thoughts, I’ve convinced myself that the abductor was in 5A for an extend period and probably during GM’s and MO’s checks. It just fits so well.

Keep banging! If not death in the apartment, based on your thoughts, I’ve convinced myself that the abductor was in 5A for an extend period and probably during GM’s and MO’s checks. It just fits so well.
Yes. Being illicitly in an apartment, while people are in, may be something that turned him on? And during the heightened risk when an adult enters briefly to check the children, his remaining secretly in the apartment hiding somewhere, may likewise appeal to him?

IMO It suggests HCW has image(s) which are time & date-stamped showing when (and possibly where) death occurred. Such data may be in a temporal sequence on one of the storage devices retrieved from the disused factory in Germany.
BINGO .... Never thought of that , you are probably correct. thanks

Is it possible he made photos/video inside the apartment? But it was dark therefore now arises a question of how he would obtain illumination to make any photo or video?
Maybe he'd already entered 5A during the day when the apartment was unoccupied & taken photos to familiarise himself with the layout & where the children slept. No flash required. He would have had the opportunity to unlock the window at the same time.

I have always had problems with that barmaid witness statement

First she says CB became agitated and would freak out whenever Madeline was discussed.

Then she claims Brueckner told her that Madeleine was dead, adding: “You can make a body disappear quickly.”

CB is a lot of things but he is no dummy and I doubt he would blurt out something that was practically a confession

I dont think she was lying , she is maybe just taking the conversation out of context.

Any one of us talking with friends could say MM is dead (which is probably true) , and say it is easy to make a body disapear (which is also true) ... it doesn't mean we did it. And because he said it doesn't mean he did it either . Need more than that in my opinion,

First she says CB became agitated and would freak out whenever Madeline was discussed.

Then she claims Brueckner told her that Madeleine was dead, adding: “You can make a body disappear quickly.”

CB is a lot of things but he is no dummy and I doubt he would blurt out something that was practically a confession

I dont think she was lying , she is maybe just taking the conversation out of context.

Any one of us talking with friends could say MM is dead (which is probably true) , and say it is easy to make a body disapear (which is also true) ... it doesn't mean we did it. And because he said it doesn't mean he did it either . Need more than that in my opinion,

Aren't you missing the point that one of the reasons he is a suspect is because he has blurted out an actual confession?

Maybe he'd already entered 5A during the day when the apartment was unoccupied & taken photos to familiarise himself with the layout & where the children slept. No flash required. He would have had the opportunity to unlock the window at the same time.
Yes that is possible he had entered the 5A apartment in daytime IMO. Although window entry would IMO risk being seen by passersby in daylight. To make video in the evening would I assume require turning on a light? Which possibly risks being noticed from outside? (There was only a small tablelamp on, it was in the lounge, I think maybe this would be not bright enough to illuminate video?)

True but that is why that clearly couldn't be the confession or conversation on which all this is based otherwise, as you say, nearly everyone that has ever discussed the case would be in the frame.

They have said that they were given info only the perpetrator would know.

Yes that is possible he had entered the 5A apartment in daytime IMO. Although window entry would IMO risk being seen by passersby in daylight. To make video in the evening would I assume require turning on a light? Which possibly risks being noticed from outside? (There was only a small tablelamp on, it was in the lounge, I think maybe this would be not bright enough to illuminate video?)
We know from the cleaner, who carried out the housekeeping in 5A on Wednesday 2nd, that the parents left by the patio door and didn't lock it themselves. at 1m37s

What if BKA has acquired from PJ the complete sets of photos taken by the PJ inside the apartment in the early hours May 4th?
The crimescene photos appear to have been mounted on pages, several photos per page, and then those pages appear to have been scanned, and that is what we see in the released PJ files. Therefore the actual original photos are IMO likely to be of far higher quality than those released scans. Is it possible that BKA have obtained the full set of original full-resolution photos and perhaps some critical details can be seen which are not apparent in the scans we see??

We know from the cleaner, who carried out the housekeeping in 5A on Wednesday 2nd, that the parents left by the patio door and didn't lock it themselves. at 1m37s
Maybe they assumed the cleaner would bolt the sliding door before she left?
Or maybe they left it open so they could both easily pop in and out during the day? (Only one key per apartment was provided to guests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member