Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.
It is good to hear from you. Honestly, I think we can all tell what a wonderful family you have and what a kind man Alan is. I believe you wholeheartedly.
I am so sorry you guys are all going through this. I know it must not be easy at all. I think I probably speak for all of us when I say this. By no means do we want to hinder an investigation. We would love to help if we can. Don't ever feel like you have to answer our questions, some may be asked to just ensure that they have been thought about by detectives.

I had read about that robbery actually. I noted when the DPD said the call ended and wondered if Alan would have taken an alternate route.

I am wondering the following:

Did police interview everyone that works at or had recently worked at the LA fitness on Haskell?
  • I assume we didn't see all the video from the gas station for a reason and that is ok. I assume that is how you know he pulled out of the gas station. Did you guys obtain video on your own or did police? Did anyone notice the person walking across the street while Alan was at his car? Did he pay for the gas with Cash?
  • What kind of car did Alan normally drive, and how long had he had the rental? (I also wondered if Rusty would be able to give permission to look at prior gps history on Alans normal car just to prove that there were no prior odd stops to police.)
  • Did police have an idea as to how long the car had been at that location where it was found?
  • What time did you find out what happened?
  • What do you think might have happened?
I don't know if it would help or cause more stress but sometimes families set up "find me" type pages. It can be a good central resource for information and awareness. When families create pages like that on facebook, they can be shared here as well. Please let us know what we can do. We have been known to email reporters and ask them to cover stories, ask for police reports, etc.

You have our prayers!

the mud on the tires....

We don't know exactly where the car was found, other than in a general area, and in a secluded spot.
From my experience, when it rains hard, and driving on paved streets, parking in a hard scape surfaces....I have wet tires, yes, but not muddy.

Are there unpaved dirt lanes behind homes, nearby parks or what have you with unpaved roadways in the general area of Alan's disappearance?

Even if tires get dirty from some soil or debris, rain washes it off if it is a thin film.

But "muddy", as in caked mud between the treads? I find this curious, perhaps telling. What about the undercarriage ? Where did the car go, and was it driven by someone else, or was Alan forced to drive.

How far from the neighborhood would you find more rural areas, back roads, no traffic cameras etc ? I'm not at all familiar with Dallas.

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Thank you for sharing. So sorry for what you are going thru. Praying everyday for a joyous reunion.

Do we know the car was found in a secluded spot? I haven't read that. The area it was located appears pretty open.
Bbm-

reports always said “near” never exactly where it was.

First- thank you for becoming verified, second- I'm so sorry you all are going through this.

I don't remember where I read this, I think Tim may have said it in one of his interviews; the car was found in good condition and the doors were locked. Car was located seven days after Alan went missing (10/29/20).

Do you know if the windows were down when it was found? The seats being wet seven days later, just thinking about what that could mean if the windows were up when found. The mud is also a clue, just not enough to tell us what happened to Alan.

@thelastunicorn
I'm so very sorry your family and Rusty are going through such anguish. Alan sounds like a wonderful and kind man. I very much hope there is an explanation and that Alan will be found safe.

I did not know that the car was found only 7 days later. Do we know how long it was actually parked in the location? Cameras, witnesses etc. Perhaps LE has that information and cannot at this time be disclosed.

As for the seats being wet, ....all of them? I'm flummoxed by that and since the car was locked, I'd think the windows were up as well.

Do we know the car was found in a secluded spot? I haven't read that. The area it was located appears pretty open.
thelastunicorn who is a verified family member stated:

I see some possible areas where the car could have been abandoned and tires muddied. Take a look and tell me what you think ... خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Yes, zooming in, behind that subdivision where Mt Tabor Baptist church is, there are tire tracks in a field, or earth patch. And there looks to be a long dirt road which goes under Simpson Stuart east of the intersection stated. Woods as well, along that dirt road by Carmen's Garage Door repair, the stretch north of Simpson Stuart.
Other places too where tires could get muddied.

Yes, zooming in, behind that subdivision where Mt Tabor Baptist church is, there are tire tracks in a field, or earth patch. And there looks to be a long dirt road which goes under Simpson Stuart east of the intersection stated. Woods as well, along that dirt road by Carmen's Garage Door repair, the stretch north of Simpson Stuart.
Other places too where tires could get muddied.
I google walked SS & BV in both directions.

Many area's which could fit the VI's description, as "near" (Stuart Simpson & Bonnie View) is a very subjective description.

Behind the fire station 54, there's also a field with tracks as though people were doing wheelies there....though they look more like motorcycle tracks.
As for "secluded", there are lots of accessible places out of view, like behind that library or behind the Super City Refuge church right by the intersection.

odd that he disappeared days ago and the news is just now covering it. I don't know this guy but I use to live in Dallas and have seen him around. If there are cameras in or around Kalita Humphreys theatre, someone should check those too. People park back there to go jogging on the Katy Trail.
Has anyone looked at the locations suggested by this poster? Did Alan jog or just go to the gym?

thelastunicorn who is a verified family member stated:

So this would suggest the window(s) or sunroof was (were) open. Who has a google map of the area? I only see city view.

BBM
I remember your first post, and wanted to confirm you were there that day staying at their house? Know we are all here to support you and being on this forum could very much help find Alan.

Question many are wondering I am sure... who sent the last text around 6:30 am. And why the quick concern to call him as a missing person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77