Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few takeaways from the the Taniguchi interview:

1. The Taniguchi brothers are decent and compassionate human beings.

2. Lori was as vicious, amoral, and manipulative back then as she has shown herself to be throughout this tragic affair.

3. Lori and Alex clearly set up the stun-gun ambush of Joe Ryan. This reinforces my belief that Charles was killed in a similar ambush: lured to a seemingly innocent meeting and confronted by Alex holding a weapon.

4. Lori appeared extremely devout LDS but there was no evidence of the later ooga-booga. This strengthens my belief that Chad's ooga-booga played into Lori's already well-developed malignity but was not the cause of it.

Justin Lum did a pretty good job but he missed a significant followup: Taniguchi said that he was contacted by phone by a high-ranking LDS official who vouched for Lori. Lum failed to ask whether or how Taniguchi verified the call was legitimate. Alex was known as a mimic, and this is just the kind of trick those two would pull.

My first thought was it could have been Gabe Bonilla but I think this is very plausible. I think Alex called Charles' life insurance company to help Lori change the password.

Tricia asked me/told me to post this link to the video I've uploaded today about how Lori may have used Castor Beans to dispatch her victims.

I just lurk on this thread, but the idea of castor beans is interesting. Ann Rule's book Bitter Harvest is about an intelligent, highly-educated woman who was suspected of using castor beans in an attempt to kill her husband. But ricin poisoning is extremely painful with horrible gastrointestinal symptoms. At least in the case of Dr. Debora Green. If you enjoy reading true crime, Bitter Harvest is a fascinating case ('enjoy' doesn't seem like quite the right word, but you know what I mean).

ETA: I would love to read the book Ann Rule could have written about this case.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix (document at the link)

MELANI PAWLOWSKI PRE-TRIAL STATEMENT: Documents detail what Pawlowski (Boudreaux) is looking for in custody. She wishes to share joint legal decision making and have a regular parenting time schedule.

Pawlowski also wants make-up parenting time with a full seven days uninterrupted in the calendar year of 2020 and 2021 as well as holidays with her kids, followed by overnight parenting time on their respective birthdays to make up for the last year missed.

She believes Boudreaux has misled the court to increase her litigation costs. She also accuses him of being verbally abusive and controlling in the past. As for the mental health of both parties, we expect to hear from Dr. Mellen.

Last edited:
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix (document at the link)

BRANDON BOUDREAUX PRE-TRIAL STATEMENT: Here is the meat of Brandon Boudreaux’s pre-trial statement filed in court as trial begins on 11/18.

In these documents, Boudreaux recaps the allegations against his ex-wife Melani Pawlowski - in a year-long custody battle for their four kids.

You will see the familiar names - Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell, Alex Cox, Melanie Gibb and of course JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan mentioned.

Boudreaux believes Cox attempted to kill him on 10/2/19 - allegedly shooting at him as he pulled into the garage of the home he had lived in for merely a week. Boudreaux says only his ex knew the address in Gilbert.

Allegations of Pawlowski joining a “cult-like dark religious belief group” and even funding it with the financial assets Boudreaux initially gave her.
Boudreaux says Melanie Gibb has stated Pawlowski called him and two of their kids “zombies.”

Boudreaux also says he has provided enough evidence to the court to contradict his ex-wife’s denial of knowing what happened to Tylee and JJ.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1328904843696635904

Trial begins tomorrow at 8:30AM & continues Thursday in Mesa, ultimate determining custody over the four Boudreaux kids. Witness testimonies include Gilbert PD detective investigating attempted murder of Boudreaux as well as mother & sister of Lori Vallow.

I'd be interested in Lori's mom's and sister's testimonies. I wonder if they are still in denial about Chad and Lori's cult.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 5m

BOUDREAUX TRIAL (DAY 1): Brandon Boudreaux & Melani Pawlowski are set to begin trial in custody battle over 4 kids. Pawlowski is Lori Vallow's niece. In a shooting last Oct, Boudreaux claims Pawlowski's uncle Alex Cox tried to kill him in Gilbert. Cox is dead. Case is still open.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 2m

We expect to hear from lead detective Ryan Pillar on Pawlowski's alleged involvement in the shooting. She has never been named a suspect.

Gilbert Town Attorney: Family members of Melani Pawlowski connected to criminal investigations
FOX 10 has uncovered new details connected to the case of two missing kids with ties to Arizona, as court documents from the child custody battle involving Lori Vallow’s niece reveal insight from...
fox10phoenix.com

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 2m
Replying to @jlumfox10
How is this tied to Lori Vallow? Melani Pawlowski's cousins were JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. Vallow's two kids (7 & 16) who were missing for 9 months until investigators discovered their remains buried on the Idaho property of Chad Daybell - Vallow's husband.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1m
Around November 2019, Melani Pawlowski moved to Rexburg, Idaho from AZ like her aunt Lori to live right next door. She denied having knowledge of the kids' whereabouts & has cooperated w/ FBI. Her ex alleges she followed her aunt to join a "cult-like dark religious belief group."

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 24s
We expect to hear from former friend of Lori Vallow in this trial - Melanie Gibb. In recent filings - Boudreaux says Gibb has info on Pawlowski calling him & two of their kids "zombies." Rexburg Police say Vallow called her kids Tylee and JJ zombies last year before their deaths.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 41s
According to the alleged Daybell/Vallow beliefs - "zombies" are human bodies whose original spirits are now in limbo. In order to be freed, they have to die - disturbing statements taken by investigators multiple times.

Last edited:
Justin Lum
@jlumfox10

Replying to @jlumfox10
In Boudreaux’s list of exhibits, an alleged audio recording of Lori Vallow at her niece’s house w/ Melanie Gibb as the provider. Will be interesting to hear.

7:46 AM · Nov 18, 2020

[URL='https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran']EK [URL='https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran']@EllenKilloran [/URL][/URL]9m
Replying to @jlumfox10
any chance it's the same recording where Lori talks about murdering Joseph Ryan

Justin Lum @jlumfox10
8m
Good question. The one we have heard is supposed to be from October 2018. So we shall see.

A few takeaways from the the Taniguchi interview:

1. The Taniguchi brothers are decent and compassionate human beings.

2. Lori was as vicious, amoral, and manipulative back then as she has shown herself to be throughout this tragic affair.

3. Lori and Alex clearly set up the stun-gun ambush of Joe Ryan. This reinforces my belief that Charles was killed in a similar ambush: lured to a seemingly innocent meeting and confronted by Alex holding a weapon.

4. Lori appeared extremely devout LDS but there was no evidence of the later ooga-booga. This strengthens my belief that Chad's ooga-booga played into Lori's already well-developed malignity but was not the cause of it.

Justin Lum did a pretty good job but he missed a significant followup: Taniguchi said that he was contacted by phone by a high-ranking LDS official who vouched for Lori. Lum failed to ask whether or how Taniguchi verified the call was legitimate. Alex was known as a mimic, and this is just the kind of trick those two would pull.

Does anyone have at their fingertips the link for the Taniguchi interview. I've been away and looking to catch up.

TIA.

RSBM
I'd be interested in Lori's mom's and sister's testimonies. I wonder if they are still in denial about Chad and Lori's cult.

Hmm, denial as to ignorance such existed, or denial to knowing of when they did know of such but that didn't matter.... I wonder if they will come out and state which. I have my guess...that is if they even speak to such. MOO

Justin Lum
@jlumfox10

Replying to @jlumfox10
In Boudreaux’s list of exhibits, an alleged audio recording of Lori Vallow at her niece’s house w/ Melanie Gibb as the provider. Will be interesting to hear.

7:46 AM · Nov 18, 2020

EK @EllenKilloran 9m
Replying to @jlumfox10
any chance it's the same recording where Lori talks about murdering Joseph Ryan

Justin Lum @jlumfox10
8m
Good question. The one we have heard is supposed to be from October 2018. So we shall see.
Lori's recording regarding Joe Ryan was made at MG's house in October 2018. In this one MBP's house is mentioned, so it's not the same. MBP's name isn't mentioned on the first recording anyway. She was still married to BB back then.

Last edited:
Hmm, denial as to ignorance such existed, or denial to knowing of when they did know of such but that didn't matter.... I wonder if they will come out and state which. I have my guess...that is if they even speak to such. MOO
I presume they will testify that MBP wasn't in a cult. That's the only way they can help her get (partial) custody. Problem is, she was close to Lori, even living nextdoor to her for a month. Unless MBP claims that Lori told her the kids were in hiding. It's too late for that, since MBP already said in media interviews that they were there and she just didn't see them around.

Last edited:
Justin Lum @jlumfox10 2m
Replying to @jlumfox10
How is this tied to Lori Vallow? Melani Pawlowski's cousins were JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. Vallow's two kids (7 & 16) who were missing for 9 months until investigators discovered their remains buried on the Idaho property of Chad Daybell - Vallow's husband.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1m
Around November 2019, Melani Pawlowski moved to Rexburg, Idaho from AZ like her aunt Lori to live right next door. She denied having knowledge of the kids' whereabouts & has cooperated w/ FBI. Her ex alleges she followed her aunt to join a "cult-like dark religious belief group."

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 24s
We expect to hear from former friend of Lori Vallow in this trial - Melanie Gibb. In recent filings - Boudreaux says Gibb has info on Pawlowski calling him & two of their kids "zombies." Rexburg Police say Vallow called her kids Tylee and JJ zombies last year before their deaths.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 41s
According to the alleged Daybell/Vallow beliefs - "zombies" are human bodies whose original spirits are now in limbo. In order to be freed, they have to die - disturbing statements taken by investigators multiple times.

I've been away from the thread for some time. With COVID, and with child custody.... I would have thought all of the hearings would be closed?

Can someone give me cliff notes as to how Lum is tweeting about this case? I assume not live streamed, but can't figure out that this is even open to media? And that Lum is tweeting during the hearing live?

TIA.

I've been away from the thread for some time. With COVID, and with child custody.... I would have thought all of the hearings would be closed?

Can someone give me cliff notes as to how Lum is tweeting about this case? I assume not live streamed, but can't figure out that this is even open to media? And that Lum is tweeting during the hearing live?

TIA.

the phone line to listen in to the hearing is open to anyone from the public. But it is up to the Court’s discretion what if anything is allowed to be heard live on the call since this is a family court case. The court is using GoToMeeting platform for this. Not sure allowed to post the phone number(s) to join here but they’re accessible via the court website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288