Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The necklace and bracelet made of buttons is very unique. I wonder if it was store bought or homemade. At first glance of the photo I thought they were puca shells.

@chaddylex I feel like there is a lot of community support to ID cases involving teenage girls, but maybe LE have been reluctant to seek outside advice. Do you know if they have researched some of the more modern DNA methods?
Well, I just emailed Dr. Lee Meadows Jantz who works for the Dept of Anthropology at University of Tennessee about a possible match between Sherry Young and the Jane Doe. She said it was a rule out because they both have DNA in CODIS. (Sherry isn't on the Doe's rule out list) She got right back to me, and told me to keep looking. I think it's all in who you contact if they take us seriously.

@chaddylex I feel like there is a lot of community support to ID cases involving teenage girls, but maybe LE have been reluctant to seek outside advice. Do you know if they have researched some of the more modern DNA methods?

Time to try genetic genealogy? Is she too young for DNA Doe? There’s a lot of other groups doing it. Money is an issue, and time.

New article and video with Dr. William Bass:

Appalachian Unsolved: The Girl In The Woods

ELK VALLEY, Tenn. — "Her resting place was so remote, the person who dumped her body had to have used a four-wheel drive to get to the scene.

So remote that the nearest human being who could have helped her lived far down the Campbell County mountain.

At the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, they call the unidentified victim from 1985 “Baby Girl,” because they know so little about her. And they always want to remember this: They’re dealing with a dead child.

“To think about a kid going through something so horrible at such a young age,” said TBI Special Agent Brandon Elkins, the father of three children himself. “Innocence changes our perspective on cases. All homicides are bad, but when you have a child who doesn't deserve to murdered and discarded in this fashion, it changes everything about it."

New article and video with Dr. William Bass:

Appalachian Unsolved: The Girl In The Woods

ELK VALLEY, Tenn. — "Her resting place was so remote, the person who dumped her body had to have used a four-wheel drive to get to the scene.

So remote that the nearest human being who could have helped her lived far down the Campbell County mountain.

At the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, they call the unidentified victim from 1985 “Baby Girl,” because they know so little about her. And they always want to remember this: They’re dealing with a dead child.

“To think about a kid going through something so horrible at such a young age,” said TBI Special Agent Brandon Elkins, the father of three children himself. “Innocence changes our perspective on cases. All homicides are bad, but when you have a child who doesn't deserve to murdered and discarded in this fashion, it changes everything about it."

Thanks for sharing this!

Have someone who I believe could be a good match.

Michelle Wells
Missing since 01/01/1982 from Detriot, MI

She was 13 at the time of her disappearance and is of Native American and White admixture. She has also red-hair. Another thing I found very interesting is in the picture used in her missing persons report. In the picture she is wearing a necklace that seems very similar to the one found on the UID. I believe her DNA is in Namus since no websites have listed it and she doesn't have a Doe Network profile. Detroit is far from where the UID was found but the suspected killer in the Redhead Murders used to be a trucker during his time of committing the accused crimes.

Here is Michelle and the UID side-by-side:
wells_michelle.jpg
482UFTN5_LARGE.jpg

Please give me your thoughts on this lead.

Accidentally posted in another Campbell County Jane Doe yesterday. So sorry if anyone got confused on that forum.

Have someone who I believe could be a good match.

Michelle Wells
Missing since 01/01/1982 from Detriot, MI

She was 13 at the time of her disappearance and is of Native American and White admixture. She has also red-hair. Another thing I found very interesting is in the picture used in her missing persons report. In the picture she is wearing a necklace that seems very similar to the one found on the UID. I believe her DNA is in Namus since no websites have listed it and she doesn't have a Doe Network profile. Detroit is far from where the UID was found but the suspected killer in the Redhead Murders used to be a trucker during his time of committing the accused crimes.

Here is Michelle and the UID side-by-side:
wells_michelle.jpg
482UFTN5_LARGE.jpg

Please give me your thoughts on this lead.
I think this is a very good potential match! And you’re right about the necklace! I would definitely submit this. Good find.

Here is Michelle’s NamUs link for reference.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back