Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Preface this post with the fact I’m not an attorney - Searching the friend’s and a family member’s property may be a good idea...however, I don’t think LE could convince a judge to sign a SW bc they would have a difficult time proving “probable cause.” I don’t think evidence has led LE in those directions. The Fourth Amendment gives protection from unlawful searches.
All just MOO.
Search Warrant Requirements - FindLaw

Yes. This ^^^^^^^^ Just MOO

Mechanical Thing?
I am going to call the next chapter in this book, "Barry's Last Christmas". :D MOO
@Hair of the Dog Continuing briefly w ^ light-hearted break from somber discussion, I read this in W/S basement, h/t to @Niner:

"Did a little mechanics work today.

Put a rear end in a recliner."

I suspect BM's "mechanical thing" was not just parking his behind in an armchair.

Last edited:
I Preface this post with the fact I’m not an attorney - Searching the friend’s and a family member’s property may be a good idea...however, I don’t think LE could convince a judge to sign a SW bc they would have a difficult time proving “probable cause.” I don’t think evidence has led LE in those directions. The Fourth Amendment gives protection from unlawful searches.
All just MOO.
Search Warrant Requirements - FindLaw
Agree. Probable Cause would be a tuff one -- what reasons could they put forward to make a judge agree to grant a SW? More digging -- in more ways than one -- would be required IMO. Much more.

Hi everyone, I haven't read most of the previous threads so apologies if this was already discussed. Does anyone know if LE did forensic analysis of the Denver hotel room BM stayed in that allegedly smelled like chlorine? It seems obvious but I've scoured the media coverage and can't find any mention of whether this was done or not!

Hi everyone, I haven't read most of the previous threads so apologies if this was already discussed. Does anyone know if LE did forensic analysis of the Denver hotel room BM stayed in that allegedly smelled like chlorine? It seems obvious but I've scoured the media coverage and can't find any mention of whether this was done or not!
I am curious what forensics they would be looking for. They have established that he was there and that would be backed up by his booking and the mail he tossed in the trash can. His fingerprints would be in the room and any hair or other things they might find but do they need more evidence he was there?

I am curious what forensics they would be looking for. They have established that he was there and that would be backed up by his booking and the mail he tossed in the trash can. His fingerprints would be in the room and any hair or other things they might find but do they need more evidence he was there?

Did Barry admit he was in the hotel room? I’m pretty sure he said it smelled like bleach too. Did JP turn the mail over to LE?

Obviously it’s hearsay but if the room smelled like chlorine/cleaning supplies it could’ve been a crime scene.

IMO, it was not elk hunting season in May.

It appears that someone took elk antlers along with part of the skull and put them up against the Puma Path house. I think I read that BM said it was "road kill."

MO: a bizarre thing to do. Antlers are all over, shed without bloodshed, why leave an animal carcass with half its head open to the elements? Some people gather road kill (for food). Why ruin that for them? Why trophy-take part of an elk head?

It's more than just puzzling. It's really a bizarre element that needs to be explained in this case.

It appears that someone took elk antlers along with part of the skull and put them up against the Puma Path house. I think I read that BM said it was "road kill."

MO: a bizarre thing to do. Antlers are all over, shed without bloodshed, why leave an animal carcass with half its head open to the elements? Some people gather road kill (for food). Why ruin that for them? Why trophy-take part of an elk head?

It's more than just puzzling. It's really a bizarre element that needs to be explained in this case.

In order to attract a mountain lion? As in, "See, I told you there was a big cat! Let me tell you what happened..."

More bizarre would be finding an elk in May with a full rack on it. Elk typically shed their antlers much earlier than May. The antlers regrow every year and in May would be emerging, but very small. MOO: this story of a roadkill elk with full rack at Mother's Day doesn't make sense.

Obviously it’s hearsay but if the room smelled like chlorine/cleaning supplies it could’ve been a crime scene.

It could also have been cleaning up after a previous guest who left an unpleasant mess, or a COVID mitigation procedure. Most public transit agencies were using bleach until recently to combat COVID.

Yes, I noticed the special recognition of two grandsons.
I don't think that was against her daughters. I believe it was recognizing two grandsons who were caring for him.
That is the way I took it, perhaps because in my own family we recognized a particular family member because they took my grandparents shopping every week and out to lunch once a week, consistently. Everyone helped but he went above and beyond. All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆