Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

thanks @Knox!

ETA: they live literally 2 minutes away from the church so were likely getting ready to leave for church when he ran off. Wonder if he didn’t want to go to church??
IMO MOO

Some asked what time the Church service starts- New Life Community Church.
church body meets at 10:30 AM every Sunday morning to edify and encourage one another. Everyone is welcome! We meet at 7:00 PM on Wednesday nights for bible study.
New Life Community Church, 2414 Valley View Rd, Joelton, TN (2020)

Last edited:
BBM:

Personally, yes, I DO find a 9-year old little boy reportedly running off barefoot in near freezing temps and disappearing without a trace more than a tad suspicious.

Especially given the fact that he's been gone more than 24 hours.

9-year-old kids running away overnight is anything but commonplace in my book.

But that's just me.

To each his own.

JMO.

What you need to realize is that it was not freezing temperatures during the day here in TN. We are having a glorious fall with temperatures in the high 60s to mid 80s, depending on the day. This child left during the day, and might not have understood there would be a drastic drop in temperature overnight. I don’t find it unusual for him to be barefoot as many people here go barefoot regularly.

Many children here play outside in terrain like this daily. Tennessee is a rugged state in parts. Land can range from flat to mountainous, and because the state has so much limestone, sink holes are common.

Just coming up to speed. Am I correct in thinking the statewide AA is a precaution, not the result of evidence of foul play? Poor little guy - if he's out in the woods it's got to be so frightening for him! Thanks guys for keeping things updated!

"Anytime you’re talking about a 9-year-old who was last seen in a short sleeve shirt and jeans who might very well be barefoot, that’s a precarious situation across the board," TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said. bbm
An online prayer vigil has been put together and those wishing to participate can sign up here.

Anyone who sees anything suspicious or posts Jordan should call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office at 615-792-2098. bbm
TBI: Each passing hour of AMBER Alert search becomes more recovery than rescue

*do y’all think that’s a typo in the last sentence? I don’t understand the post reference

From Nick Beres NC5

"Apparently, the highly-trained K-9 units have not picked up any scent of the child.
This is unusual considering they were out on the scene quickly the first day ... and there has been no rain to wash away the scent. So now I'm told investigators will begin again questioning the parents and everyone else who had contact with Jorden. At some point, it's possible some will be asked to take lie detector tests."

This boy lives there.
How can there be no scent of him for the dogs to hit on, when he LIVES there?
Maybe one of our K9/SAR folks can chime in on this?

TBI is asking residents in the area of Valley View Road in Joelton to walk around their property and search for places a child might hide, such as a crawlspace, shed or outbuilding.

"Because of your support, your sheriff needs you to be ready if we make the call for more assistance," the CCSO wrote on Facebook. "Home owners surrounding the GORMAN property, please walk your property and check any out-buildings or places he could lay down and also check your game cameras!"

When asked on Twitter if authorities believe Jordan is still in the area, TBI Spokesman Josh DeVine replied, "We certainly hope so. That's why we have teams searching so aggressively in the immediate area."

An online prayer vigil has been put together and those wishing to participate can sign up here.

Anyone who sees anything suspicious or posts Jordan should call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office at 615-792-2098.
AMBER Alert: Search for missing 9-year-old boy reaches third day in Tennessee

"Anytime you’re talking about a 9-year-old who was last seen in a short sleeve shirt and jeans who might very well be barefoot, that’s a precarious situation across the board," TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said. bbm

Anyone who sees anything suspicious or posts Jordan should call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office at 615-792-2098. bbm

*do y’all think that’s a typo in the last sentence? I don’t understand the post reference

They may be referring to the endless amounts of rumor/garbage posted on social media platforms. It seems to happen with nearly every case now.

From Nick Beres NC5

"Apparently, the highly-trained K-9 units have not picked up any scent of the child.
This is unusual considering they were out on the scene quickly the first day ... and there has been no rain to wash away the scent. So now I'm told investigators will begin again questioning the parents and everyone else who had contact with Jorden. At some point, it's possible some will be asked to take lie detector tests."

This boy lives there.
How can there be no scent of him for the dogs to hit on, when he LIVES there?
Maybe one of our K9/SAR folks can chime in on this?
that worries me even more now - lie detector tests? no scent? the pastor said the sister saw him in the driveway and there is no scent? what the heck is going on here?

JMO

The FBI is also involved now.
During a press conference on Tuesday morning, authorities said Jordan did not have a cellphone or any device connected to the Internet, but authorities are going through family members’ cellphones to determine if they can get more clues into what happened.

Police reiterated that no one has been named a suspect, but they are simply going through each step they can and leaving no information unsearched as they try to find the boy. They added that the FBI has been called in to assist the TBI and other local law enforcement agencies.
Update: FBI joins search as 9-year-old boy remains missing, AMBER Alert issued as concerns grow for his safety

that worries me even more now - lie detector tests? no scent? the pastor said the sister saw him in the driveway and there is no scent? what the heck is going on here?

JMO
Someone had to have told the pastor that so he's just relaying what he was told. He has no way of knowing tho so I'm taking it with a grain of salt at this point in time.
How could the dogs have detected no scent? It wasn't said no scent in the woods. It just said no scent. Didn't he live there?
moo

I think it’s supposed to say “or spots Jorden”

I'm about an hour from here. It is very remote and the terrain is harsh. There are also numerous caves in the surrounding area. Regardless of temperatures, if he was barefoot he wouldn't have gotten too far. If he ran off around 1130am, that means there were about 5 hours of daylight and warm-ish temperatures where he would have been okay. I think searchers would have found him during this time, unless he fell in a hole or water somewhere.

Since he's adopted, he could be unhappy at home and wanted to run off. My thoughts are that either he truly did run away and got hurt out in the woods, or there is something more going on involving the parents. It's very odd that dogs didn't pick up any scent of him in the area surrounding his own home. He might not even be in this area at all :(

Just coming up to speed. Am I correct in thinking the statewide AA is a precaution, not the result of evidence of foul play? Poor little guy - if he's out in the woods it's got to be so frightening for him! Thanks guys for keeping things updated!
Yeah, I had really thought the AA was a precaution due to the fact the parents seem to have not seen him actually go into the woods.
The fact that someone brought up lie detector tests and bringing in the FBI...
Yikes. bit of whiplash here, moo

WHERE ARE YOU JORDEN?!?

Someone had to have told the pastor that so he's just relaying what he was told. He has no way of knowing tho so I'm taking it with a grain of salt at this point in time.
How could the dogs have detected no scent? It wasn't said no scent in the woods. It just said no scent. Didn't he live there?
moo
I'm pretty sure it mean no scent during searches on search routes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back