Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

I live close enough to hear the choppers at night and it has been absolutely heartbreaking. The woods out here are very dangerous, but at the same time I don’t know how he hasn’t been found yet. I don’t want to believe it, but I’m leaning more toward this wasn’t a run away as it was an abduction or worse...

Hi neighbor! Welcome to WS!

Perhaps because I live so close, I continue to hold hope that it is straightforward as the parents have stated unless evidence begins to show otherwise. I have followed many cases here on WS and regularly sense foul play before perhaps I should, but in this case, so close to home, I suppose I am biased in my hope that it won’t happen that way here (though I know that sadly it absolutely could!).

I agree with @MassGuy that we can see the likely outcome is bad for this child. But I have a glimmer of hope for a miracle.

IMO MOO

I live close enough to hear the choppers at night and it has been absolutely heartbreaking. The woods out here are very dangerous, but at the same time I don’t know how he hasn’t been found yet. I don’t want to believe it, but I’m leaning more toward this wasn’t a run away as it was an abduction or worse...

Perhaps because I live so close, I continue to hold hope that it is straightforward as the parents have stated unless evidence begins to show otherwise. I have followed many cases here on WS and regularly sense foul play before perhaps I should, but in this case, so close to home, I suppose I am biased in my hope that it won’t happen that way here (though I know that sadly it absolutely could!).

I agree with @MassGuy that we can see the likely outcome is bad for this child. But I have a glimmer of hope for a miracle.

IMO MOO

IMO MOO
Thank you! My post are all IMO and I truly pray my instincts are wrong. I would like to think he’s out there still and in some way safe! I have so many questions as to how the dogs didn’t catch a scent though or the circumstances of the adoption. I can’t help but wonder what if he was at the end of the drive and a bio family member picked him up? What if his siblings are keeping quiet because they too hope someone will come back for them? All my opinion and I truly pray I’m wrong and that he’s wrapped in a blanket hiding in a tree house!

also- what is MOO?

The pastor had good things to say about this family, didn't he?
Was he asked, or did he come forward on his own?
I imagine he was approached by the media, but who knows?

This is what he had to say:

Gerald Prior, a minister at New Life Community Church in Joelton, said he has known the family for a couple of years. Prior described the parents as “amazing.”

“There is less than 1% chance the parents have anything to do with his disappearance. (They’re) good people,” Prior said.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/11/17/update-fbi-joins-search-as-9-year-old-boy-remains-missing-amber-alert-issued-as-concerns-grow-for-his-safety/

There was a case here ( websleuths) a month or so ago of a boy who ran off into the woods after an argument with his parents. I believe it was in Colorado, they found him days later in a house where the homeowners had been away and found him when they came home.
This is what gives me hope, although it’s fading fast

Thank you! My post are all IMO and I truly pray my instincts are wrong. I would like to think he’s out there still and in some way safe! I have so many questions as to how the dogs didn’t catch a scent though or the circumstances of the adoption. I can’t help but wonder what if he was at the end of the drive and a bio family member picked him up? What if his siblings are keeping quiet because they too hope someone will come back for them? All my opinion and I truly pray I’m wrong and that he’s wrapped in a blanket hiding in a tree house!

also- what is MOO?

MOO= my own opinion :)

I pray he is safe too, that is my main prayer now. I have questions too but trust that law enforcement is doing everything possible to find him and investigate.

This is the Bible Belt and there are a load of churches in most areas around here.
so does that mean that next door neighbours could be attending entirely different churches?
I'm in Ireland and there's only about two.
Well, there are several evangelical type churches who don't seem to agree with each other or fall out frequently.

so does that mean that next door neighbours could be attending entirely different churches?
I'm in Ireland and there's only about two.
Well, there are several evangelical type churches who don't seem to agree with each other or fall out frequently.
Absolutely. There are 5 churches of different denominations within driving distance of me out this way.

With several adoptive and foster children living in the home, DCS should be very familiar with this family: https://files.dcs.tn.gov/policies/chap16/DocumentationoftheFosterFamilyHomeStudy.pdf

Something tells me that before all is said and done, DCS may very well find itself (yet again) under the microscope and/or on the hot seat.

Tennessee's DCS has come under a lot of fire over the past several years:
TN Department of Children's Services investigated 186 child deaths in 2018

I sincerely hope there were no major ball drops here in this case.

JMO.

UPDATE: Jordan Gorman search becoming a 'recovery effort' TBI says | ClarksvilleNow.com

““We are certainly doing our best to hold on to hope, but with each passing hour, we face a daunting reality that this becomes more and more of a recovery effort than it does a rescue effort,” the TBI’s Josh Devine said.

“We are still doing what we can to locate this boy as quickly as possible.”“

—-

Josh Breslow (@JoshBreslowWKRN) on Twitter
Jeez - it's been two days - isn't it a little soon to be calling this a "recovery" - we have cited two cases here on this thread we followed where the children were alive and located after two days - I know it did get chilly but is that enough ?

JMO
Welcome to the locals who have joined his thread.

Jeez - it's been two days - isn't it a little soon to be calling this a "recovery" - we have cited two cases here on this thread we followed where the children were alive and located after two days - I know it did get chilly but is that enough ?

JMO

I thought the same thing, and I’m guessing their medical experts have surmised that they don’t think he would have been able to survive the freezing temperatures this long with what he was wearing, having no shoes, etc.

—-

eta: I also noticed there was mention of/reference to the possibility of him being huddled up and fell asleep, which is similar to some of the other cases re: cold temps I mentioned upstream. This is also the same thing I am guessing to be the case here, as I previously mentioned, assuming no FP at this time.

I still wonder about the terrain and him being in some kind of crevice or hole. It really must be every bit as challenging, this terrain they have mentioned.

Last edited:

JMO
I'm afraid I don't remember her name but there was also an autistic young girl who was found safe after several days....in a swampy terrain. Granted, temperatures were not a danger in that case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back