GUILTY NY - Destini Smothers 26, found inside a car trunk, Queens, 3 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

So this MISSING poster tells a different version of the story. It is confusing.

The earlier version we heard was that she jumped out of her boyfriends car, and hasn't been seen since.

But the poster says it was HER car that she jumped out of. And it says her car is now missing....I don't understand ....?

Also, her family said they need the traffic cameras to show them where she jumped out of the car and what direction she went. But doesn't her boyfriend know that info? I thought they were arguing and she suddenly left the vehicle.

Is the bf being truthful?

Having rewatched and read the one article we have none of them mention whose car it was just ‘the car’ it’s implied that he was driving since she apparently jumped out of the car but no ownership

Also the boyfriend is not responding to Destini’s family and last location is sketchy as for your last q I’m not sharing my opinion

edit: Family says she drove down for a funeral. I know couples with separate or even just one vehicle and if they’re together the man will drive.

Last edited:
So this MISSING poster tells a different version of the story. It is confusing.

The earlier version we heard was that she jumped out of her boyfriends car, and hasn't been seen since.

But the poster says it was HER car that she jumped out of. And it says her car is now missing....I don't understand ....?

Also, her family said they need the traffic cameras to show them where she jumped out of the car and what direction she went. But doesn't her boyfriend know that info? I thought they were arguing and she suddenly left the vehicle.

Is the bf being truthful?
I don’t Think so
Imo

There is cctv outside the bowling alley. I wonder what it shows. What time did they leave? The place stopped serving food at 9:30pm and shuts at 11pm if they were mid-game at 11 they could’ve finished up and left at 11:30

When did someone other than the boyfriend see her? The flyer says she was seen between 11pm and 1pm It’s important because from the bowing alley to their home is ~2hrs 30m

Where are her friends?

Is this being investigated?

Where is the boyfriend?

Did everyone leave the bowling alley together?

for anyone who lives in the area would it have been a strange place for her to jump out?

A lot can happen in 5 minutes but I think it’s a stretch so we need the CCTV if she did get out of the car

Any businesses in that area which one would expect to have CCTV facing the road both at the McDonald’s location and the Grand Central Parkway?

(Only using cell phone otherwise I would access maps myself.CCTV is either very helpful or non existent in some cases. For the amount of surveillance there is it would be great if it functioned )

I live in Woodside and l take a car ride to Harlem every morning. I don’t know where they were going (other than heading north from Woodside to Astoria, Randall’s island, Harlem area, or Bronx). My morning commute is similar to the direction they were heading to.

I can tell you this
1) grand central parkway from the bowling alley to Astoria feels like you’re in a box/tunnel. If you look around, you won’t see anything but walls so your sense of direction/perspective is gone. (I want to film my ride today and show you guys).

2) there’s barely a shoulder. I don’t know where she was dropped off but even if she were near an exit, you are at a great risk of getting hit by a car.
If you try climbing out you risk slipping and falling.

3) there are cars and trucks flying at high speeds with not a lot of space from left or right shoulder.

4) exits and entrance ramps are spaced far apart. I believe there are two exit ramps on this path from the bowling alley to right before the RFK bridge. Quotes from one person who was interviewed: “...What would make this time different for her to just run away in an unfamiliar place? You know what I mean? In the middle of the night? It’s just unlike her..” (cbsnews2) It would have taken him time to get back to where she was unless he made a U and drove against traffic.

I think every second that passed out her more at risk of climbing and accidentally falling or getting hit by a car. People familiar with gcp would not recommend dropping anyone off at any point because of the above risks.

I’ll try to include video from my commute today to show what I mean above. Or you can follow on google maps and see for yourself.

Last edited:
The photos below are from google map of grand central parkway near/on astoria area before the RFK bridge.

Note the high walls, small shoulder. Note the lack of building views (CCTV may not have captured anything in the parkway unless livestream from nyc dot; vehicle/trucks camera)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.41.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.41.05 AM.png
    647.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.41.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.41.08 AM.png
    651.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.40.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.40.41 AM.png
    601.3 KB · Views: 108
I'm not buying it, I don't think she jumped out of the car.
I think it's likely she has done this before and a reason why he used this as his story, to be more plausible to family and friends. then plus the discontinued contact? ick.

If there IS footage of her leaving the car, (and thus I eat crow) I would be very surprised if she were found alive at this point, so many days without any resources, she should have already shown up at a friend or family's place.
Lots of drinking plus lots of anger is a very disorienting combo and people sadly easily drown in that state of mind.
hoping for the best for this family, so heartbreaking what they're going through.

Just my opinion of course!

The photos below are from google map of grand central parkway near/on astoria area before the RFK bridge.

Note the high walls, small shoulder. Note the lack of building views (CCTV may not have captured anything in the parkway unless livestream from nyc dot; vehicle/trucks camera)
Thank you for taking the time to share these photos. It really adds perspective. I can't imagine anyone exiting a vehicle in this area. MOO

I used to live in Rockaway Beach in Queens and I follow the local newspaper on FB, and apparently DS’s boyfriend has residence in RB and they plan on confronting him tomorrow. It appears that he has residence in upstate NY and downstate NY, specifically Queens. Local media in NYC, specifically CBS2news
have reported that he has “stopped answering calls”. The Wave reports that he is “wanted for questioning.”

Last edited:

For anyone interested, these are short clips of grand central parkway from Woodside area to Astoria to over RFK bridge.

Apologies for the sound— I had my headphones on. You may want to mute the video. I recorded it from passenger side view only.

Hope this further helps to give you a perspective of where DS was dropped off.

For anyone interested, these are short clips of grand central parkway from Woodside area to Astoria to over RFK bridge.

Apologies for the sound— I had my headphones on. You may want to mute the video. I recorded it from passenger side view only.

Thank you. That definitely helps to understand the area. IMO

I used to live in Rockaway Beach in Queens and I follow the local newspaper on FB, and apparently DS’s boyfriend has residence in RB and they plan on confronting him tomorrow. It appears that he has residence in upstate NY and downstate NY, specifically Queens. Local media in NYC, specifically CBS2news
have reported that he has “stopped answering calls”. The Wave reports that he is “wanted for questioning.”
Have the police named anyone yet ?

Hmmmmm.

Very helpful and begs the question why would she jump out anywhere along there? To go where exactly?
Makes no sense especially in the middle of the night

Come on police department so I can speak freely

Very helpful and begs the question why would she jump out anywhere along there? To go where exactly?
Makes no sense especially in the middle of the night

Come on police department so I can speak freely
All I can think of, to the Why There question....if she DID jump out of the car...she could have felt like she had to. If he’s a violent person, sometimes tucking and rolling seems like a better idea than being assaulted in a vehicle where you can get knocked against a lot of hard objects.
I think some people might see it as her leaving the car cuz she was being dramatic but I always viewed it as her escaping a scary situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back