Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think she's buried deeply on Puma Path, covered in boulders or cement, and so well that you can't see any disturbance. He had the time, the skill, and the equipment to do it right there, without incriminating himself or his vehicle by travelling. He left for Broomfield early that morning to clean whatever tools he used (and himself), bc he didn't want there to be a clean up scene at the house.

I hope that in the very near future LE will go back to the property with GPR and cover every inch of it.

I don't think Suzanne is going to be found. I also don't think BM will ever reveal anything. I think he's going to ride this to the bitter end, declaring his innocence and pointing fingers everywhere else, no matter what kind of evidence LE has that points only to him. He reminds me of Scott Peterson in that respect.

MOO
ITA.

(Unless the digging had been done in advance.) It would take some time to hide remains well, say a couple hours or more if a deep grave was dug, the fill compacted, and the surface carefully made to look natural. (MOO, all in BM's wheelhouse.) Given what we know and don't know about the timeline, seems there might have been time when it was dark, late-night Saturday/Sunday in the Puma Path area but there also might have been time during the light, midday Sunday in the vast areas between Puma Path and Broomfield. Given all the indicators about searches, bleach, dog alerts, bobcat, etc., I am having trouble locking onto either time-slot/area. QUESTION: Which time-slot/area for hiding Suzanne is the more likely, when it was dark near Puma Path or during the light between Puma Path and Broomfield?

Just thinking out loud... you know how some type of killers like to gloat and taunt?

I wonder if Suzanne’s location may be hinted at somewhere in the “love” letters Barry showed the reporter...
I disagree, I still believe that SMs killer blames her, he is not proud of what he did, he holds her responsible and justifies this through claims of ‘saving one person’. I don’t believe he is gloating, he blames her for own demise.

(Unless the digging had been done in advance.) It would take some time to hide remains well, say a couple hours or more if a deep grave was dug, the fill compacted, and the surface carefully made to look natural. (MOO, all in BM's wheelhouse.) Given what we know and don't know about the timeline, seems there might have been time when it was dark, late-night Saturday/Sunday in the Puma Path area but there also might have been time during the light, midday Sunday in the vast areas between Puma Path and Broomfield. Given all the indicators about searches, bleach, dog alerts, bobcat, etc., I am having trouble locking onto either time-slot/area. QUESTION: Which time-slot/area for hiding Suzanne is the more likely, when it was dark near Puma Path or during the light between Puma Path and Broomfield?
Definitely going with “when it was dark” but uncertain as to how far he took SM. My guess is not farther than an hour. He knows the lay of the land in his area being a “mighty hunter” and all (insert vomit emoji). Not to mention esteemed firefighter whose word “you can believe” according to Captain of the VFF (insert another vomit emoji). However, I would not discount very close to PP for all the reasons cited by other members.
All MOO.

I disagree, I still believe that SMs killer blames her, he is not proud of what he did, he holds her responsible and justifies this through claims of ‘saving one person’. I don’t believe he is gloating, he blames her for own demise.
ITA. And those close to him will also blame Suzanne for her own death. She deserved it, she drove him to it. She was done with him. How dare her.
All speculation and moo.

Sorry, I am not buying that line from the hotel. Management does not always know what the staff is doing for starters, and chlorine based products were the lead disinfectant being used in the first few months of the COVID outbreak. Few other agents were known to kill the virus. Some individuals do disgusting things in hotel rooms and staff are forced to use what is available to clean up. There was a TV report (20-20 if I remember correctly) a few years back that checked random hotel rooms for body fluid evidence and found a disturbing amount, including bloody mattresses that were simply flipped over. My opinion is the hotel did not want the negative public attention with business being as bad as it has been.
Yeah, I'm not convinced that BM was the one who was responsible for the chlorine smell, or even that it was that strong.

MG claimed the smell was so strong that it stung her eyes as soon as she opened the door to the room. Yet neither she nor JP complained to the hotel and JP stayed in the room inhaling the vapors all night?

Another point is that using a strong concentration of chlorine on landscaping tools would cause immediate rust on carbon steel (like shovels, trowels, etc) and would have cause pinpoint rust on stainless items. It will also attack some plastics and paint/coatings.

Sorry, I am not buying that line from the hotel. Management does not always know what the staff is doing for starters, and chlorine based products were the lead disinfectant being used in the first few months of the COVID outbreak. Few other agents were known to kill the virus. Some individuals do disgusting things in hotel rooms and staff are forced to use what is available to clean up. There was a TV report (20-20 if I remember correctly) a few years back that checked random hotel rooms for body fluid evidence and found a disturbing amount, including bloody mattresses that were simply flipped over. My opinion is the hotel did not want the negative public attention with business being as bad as it has been.

So you think hotel staff used bleach and then left towels lying around in the room?

I find that very hard to believe. The reason most hotels do not use bleach is that it interacts with other volatile compounds and can kill people (including the housekeeping staff).

Hotels had available and did use FDA-recommended disinfectants that were guaranteed and certified to kill CV-19, available at Amazon. I picked up a gallon in March and that's what we use (and that's what most hotels use, at least that's what they've told me - we did travel one time, and I must have contacted 20 hotels about various procedures; I won't go to one that uses chlorine as a cleansing agent as I wear contact lenses and it would sear my corneas, has happened, before, and there's no way I would risk it).

So, while it's possible the hotel doesn't know what its staff is up to, I find that unlikely. Very unlikely.

I don't see how bloody mattresses being flipped over relates to anything in this case. I think it's more important that LE has spoken to the hotel and probably asked to view what disinfectants are in their cleaning carts.

This post is spot on, I totally agree.

The "Oh Suzanne" opener on his fake video plea for her return spoke volumes, and in hindsight is very compelling to re-watch, JMO.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that BM was the one who was responsible for the chlorine smell, or even that it was that strong.

MG claimed the smell was so strong that it stung her eyes as soon as she opened the door to the room. Yet neither she nor JP complained to the hotel and JP stayed in the room inhaling the vapors all night?

That's what I did (stayed in the room with the vapors) and I later regretted it (fortunately, eyes heal quickly and mine were shut most of the time, but I would never do it again).

I'm not sure I trust MG, either, but AM seemed to have information about bleach as well (although it's not exactly clear what LE told AM, he does mention they said something about a bleach smell; AM was given a lot of horrific information verbally and had to take it all in - I believe he said bleach smell was at the house, but he might have misheard, he did that a few other times).

So two people mention bleach smell, and I find that hard to dismiss. If we do dismiss it, we might as well dismiss virtually every other tiny bit of evidence we've heard about. How do we know that BM even went into that hotel room? We haven't seen the videos and LE has not revealed the contents of the videos. JP could have been mistaken for BM and the time of check-in could have been different. The entire towels and bleach thing could be made up (but why?)

BM was somewhere all day on Sunday. MG says he went to the worksite and did 30 minutes of work (uncapping the wall). She didn't see him do it. For all she knows, someone else did that weeks or months before, unless she's an expert on soil displacement and uncapping cinder blocks.

I do think BM was at that hotel. And I think part of what he did was sleep.

If we also discount the 4 am truck noise at MG's house, we're back to BM's word that he left Suzanne sleeping at 5 am.

Personally, I think LE knows a lot about BM's whereabouts on Sunday. And there were no stops made for body disposal (IMO). That's a key reason why no arrest has been made and no further searches done.

I also think LE knows a ton about motive and past DV. I like the new DA's attitude about the case and her willingness to prosecute if she thinks she has the right suspect, throwing everything she can at the suspect. When the DA and her staff start the next phase of this process, I think they'll find a few new avenues of evidence and are still looking for certain people with specific information to come forward.

I think both are possibilities.
Staff clean up, plus BM clean up ?

Sec. cams should show what he brought into the room.
Most likely LE have a very good idea !
For instance, what IF BM brought coolers, shovels/tools, or his truck tool box into the room and they're all gone now ?
How would BM have explained their 'disappearance ', and what he think happened to his possessions ?
Maybe his meth head employees made off with them.
Riiight.
Imo.

I personally think BM was the one who wanted out of the marriage. IMO

I think he might be more the type where he is happy to stay in the marriage because he has the beautiful dutiful obedient wife at home. He might have felt free to make all financial decisions for the family, without input from his wife. He could be gone whenever he wanted, doing whatever he wanted to do, without being questioned. I feel like he would be quite content as long as none of those things changed.

That's what I did (stayed in the room with the vapors) and I later regretted it (fortunately, eyes heal quickly and mine were shut most of the time, but I would never do it again).

I'm not sure I trust MG, either, but AM seemed to have information about bleach as well (although it's not exactly clear what LE told AM, he does mention they said something about a bleach smell; AM was given a lot of horrific information verbally and had to take it all in - I believe he said bleach smell was at the house, but he might have misheard, he did that a few other times).

So two people mention bleach smell, and I find that hard to dismiss. If we do dismiss it, we might as well dismiss virtually every other tiny bit of evidence we've heard about. How do we know that BM even went into that hotel room? We haven't seen the videos and LE has not revealed the contents of the videos. JP could have been mistaken for BM and the time of check-in could have been different. The entire towels and bleach thing could be made up (but why?)

BM was somewhere all day on Sunday. MG says he went to the worksite and did 30 minutes of work (uncapping the wall). She didn't see him do it. For all she knows, someone else did that weeks or months before, unless she's an expert on soil displacement and uncapping cinder blocks.

I do think BM was at that hotel. And I think part of what he did was sleep.

If we also discount the 4 am truck noise at MG's house, we're back to BM's word that he left Suzanne sleeping at 5 am.

Personally, I think LE knows a lot about BM's whereabouts on Sunday. And there were no stops made for body disposal (IMO). That's a key reason why no arrest has been made and no further searches done.

I also think LE knows a ton about motive and past DV. I like the new DA's attitude about the case and her willingness to prosecute if she thinks she has the right suspect, throwing everything she can at the suspect. When the DA and her staff start the next phase of this process, I think they'll find a few new avenues of evidence and are still looking for certain people with specific information to come forward.
Great post. Thx.

I think he might be more the type where he is happy to stay in the marriage because he has the beautiful dutiful obedient wife at home. He might have felt free to make all financial decisions for the family, without input from his wife. He could be gone whenever he wanted, doing whatever he wanted to do, without being questioned. I feel like he would be quite content as long as none of those things changed.
bbm
Good points !
Obviously something significant happened that weekend.
The daughters' being away makes it feel premeditated.

Or just a boiling pot of resentment from BM, that simmered over ?

I think when it comes to spousal murder, it usually comes down to the same motivations. Outlined nicely in this article: Domestic abuse: Killers 'follow eight-stage pattern', study says
  • "The relationship becoming dominated by coercive control
  • A trigger to threaten the perpetrator's control - for example, the relationship ends or the perpetrator gets into financial difficulty
  • Escalation - an increase in the intensity or frequency of the partner's control tactics, such as by stalking or threatening suicide"
As mentioned by SM's brother, there are indications there were red flags in the relationship: "I think there’s a friend that she texted a lot and talked to, that she confided in, and maybe things weren’t hunky-dory" (Missing Colo. Mom Suzanne Morphew's Brother Believes 'Things Weren't Hunky Dory' at Home).

JMO, I would bet that the relationship had become abusive/coercive and that there was a trigger that weekend that made him snap (i.e. she said she was going to divorce him, or he was in some kind of financial trouble).

I also agree with an above poster that this is the type of guy that would NEVER confess/give up the location of the body - MOO.

Oh - one more thing. Does anyone else get a bit of a weird vibe from Suzanne's love letters to BM?

Of course this is speculation, but the way that SM gushes about him, describes their relationship as "exciting" and describes the things they've been through together feels like she is appealing to him, or that they are part of a cycle of abuse and reconciliation. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell