VA VA - Virginia Beach, @ Chesapeake Bay Bridge, WhtFem 30-50, 903UFVA, scars, suntan lines, May'76

That is very intriguing finding. For past 2-3 days I am going through all the old newspapers and sites to try to find out more details on the man's case from March 1976, plus to see more on connection to this Jane Doe but strangely can't find any mention of his case anywhere and it is also not appearing as unsolved under North Carolina unsolved unidentified or unsolved murders. He might have been identified by now and murder solved but I can't believe there was no further mention of his brutal murder locally or anywhere else in news over the years.

Copy pasting article here, so people don't have to open pdf

View attachment 272336View attachment 272337

Mostly what is popping up in searches is fugitive William Bradford Bishop Jr. case as annihilation of his whole family happened in the same month - March, and he burried them all in NC. He was last seen in Jacksonville, NC interestingly not too far from where that unknown man body was found 3 weeks later.

Link - Bradford Bishop - Wikipedia

Well, I have to add I have just double checked Doe Network site again and to my surprise, here he is, his case. Not sure why I have not seen him before. He is also still unidentified!

Details of his case:
1926UMNC

Date of Discovery: March 31, 1976
Location of Discovery: Moncure, Chatam County, North Carolina
Estimated Date of Death: 2 weeks prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-40 years old (likely 25-35)
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown body hair (head missing)
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appeared to be in good health and in very good shape with an athletic build.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available. Foot and palm prints are available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Pair of socks and an athletic supporter.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in the Cape Fear River near the Carolina Power & Light plant intake valve. He was likely put in the water upstream in either Haw River or Deep River. His head and fingers had been removed. The lower part of his body was bound with 15 feet of chain.

Link - 1926UMNC

Added by me: Post mortem is estimated to be 2 weeks prior, which would be just one week after Bishop was seen nearby. With all the hallo around his case one would think that this John Doe woud be double checked against him or at least DNA was obtained from him by now. (All just in my humble opinion).

There are 224 Exclusions for this UID.
Unfortunately, I'm having technical issues trying to copy them over.

Is this unknown person male or female? The description does not match with the thread title.

This Jane Doe's NamUs profile was modified on 1/12/23, but now all of the rule outs that were listed are gone.
It's seems like Jane Doe cases in VA have their matches disappear - I am thinking maybe she is close to being identified. It's been over 2 years since they reached out to people that matched her on GedMatch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back