Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is heartbreaking. I know it’s not technically our business to know if there is any movement on the case. If they’ve gotten phone records, checked the vehicle, have more film footage, have any POIs, etc. But this sweet man has really touched my heart and I want to know something is being done. And I’d like to know if they have any leads.

I’d love to think they’re doing everything possible, but with all the crime in Dallas.. for all we know his file is just sitting in a pile with a hundred others waiting for someone to do something with it.

I understand LE keeping certain things close to the vest, but they’re not even releasing even the most basic info, that, by this point, is usually released. Nothing posted by family either.

I’m on the fence with this. Either they have a pretty good idea of who did it so that’s why they are not releasing anything, or they know nothing and that’s why they’re not releasing anything.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
TOO much violence going on in Dallas!
Amen!

I think there is still a LOT of interest, in fact I know there is.
But we had so little information to begin with and definitely no new information from LE.
@thelastunicorn - please know you and your family have an army out here ready to support you in your search for Alan here on WS and within several other groups out there that focus on spreading information to help look for missing loved ones. Your Uncle has touched many hearts and many, many, people are praying for him to be returned to your family.
Please know too there are several of us here on WS that are local and are willing and able to help with on foot searches, distribute more flyers, or any thing else we can to help you.

Amen!

But we had so little information to begin with and definitely no new information from LE.
@thelastunicorn - please know you and your family have an army out here ready to support you in your search for Alan here on WS and within several other groups out there that focus on spreading information to help look for missing loved ones. Your Uncle has touched many hearts and many, many, people are praying for him to be returned to your family.
Please know too there are several of us here on WS that are local and are willing and able to help with on foot searches, distribute more flyers, or any thing else we can to help you.

In addition to the offer of help from tamsidea.

@thelastunicorn
have you thought about holding a vigil for Alan? Very common in missing person's cases. Invite the media to cover, it's a wonderful way to keep the community involved and the attention on Alan.

Amen!
(SNIPPED)
@thelastunicorn
Yes, I’m disabled and couldn’t walk store to store to tape up flyers but I’d definitely donate for printing some out or DO something (feed the searchers?). Just want to help. It’s such a different feeling here from the one other case I was local to and could help in small ways. And that was in metro Detroit which, while not the size of Dallas, it’s not Podunk USA either

Doesn’t 5:30 -6am seem like a very unlikely time to be meeting someone?
6:00 am is 'tween time- in between light and darkness, the beginning of the day and the end of the day.

Ok, faux new age mysticism aside, 6:00 am is early morning for most people, but is also very late at night for another segment of the population.

6:00 am is late night for shift workers, but also is early morning for contractors who like early starts. Its also late night for those whose interests might be all night parties enlivened by substance use and substance abuse.

A non cooperate meeting could have involved the following themes:

- "Hey, I am at the project house. Yeah, I know I was supposed to have the flooring in two weeks ago. Of course I remember that you fronted me the money for the material. But.... we need to talk" -or-

- Hey, something serious came up and I really, really need to borrow some money. No, I am not using again! Yeah, I know you said no more "loans". But.... we need to talk. "

Last edited:
Which is why I believe they need to keep their eye out in the Dowdy Ferry Road area. Lots of dumping. Dead animals every day bagged in trash bags. The animal rescuers have found a missing woman’s body there a couple years ago. A lot of evidence of crimes gets dumped there.

QUOTE="TXNancyDrew, post: 16469480, member: 276548"]Hey y'all! I live in Dallas, so I've been very invested in this case. The wet seats in the car and the mud on the tires got me thinking about the weather that week. The Dark Sky app has a Time Machine feature where you can look at past weather patterns, and we had rain on October 23, 26, 27, and 28, the day before the car was located. It could be that they washed the seats, left the windows down, had the doors open for a period of time (maybe moving in and out) or even someone who was very wet from being in the rain sat down in the car. It makes sense that there would be mud on the tires, too. There are some dirt roads and big fields to be found on the outer edges of the city, which makes me think the car didn't move very far out of Dallas, if at all.[/QUOTE]

6:00 am is 'tween time- in between light and darkness, the beginning of the day and the end of the day.

Ok, faux new age mysticism aside, 6:00 am is early morning for most people, but is also very late at night for another segment of the population.

6:00 am is late night for shift workers, but also is early morning for contractors who like early starts. Its also late night for those whose interests might be all night parties enlivened by substance use and substance abuse.

- "Hey, I am at the project house. Yeah, I know I was supposed to have the flooring in two weeks ago. Of course I remember that you fronted me the money for the material. But.... we need to talk" -or-

- Hey, something serious came up and I really, really need to borrow some money. No, I am not using again! Yeah, I know you said no more "loans". But.... we need to talk. "

THIS! a non cooperate meeting. Thank you for saying so eloquently what I have been thinking! I think Alan met up with someone that fateful morning and that person or persons hold the key to his disappearance. Maybe they didn't expect alan to have a loaner car and then when they realized they were driving a car from a dealer which likely had a tracking system in it, they ditched it.

This has been my thought all along- a non-corporate meeting. I feel like this explains his waiting around the gas station, lots of looking at his phone, maybe even why he changed tops between the gym and gas station.

Maybe they didn't expect alan to have a loaner car and then when they realized they were driving a car from a dealer which likely had a tracking system in it, they ditched it.

I think this is a real possibility.

Though various tracking systems do exist, they need to be actively installed and enabled by the dealer or rental car company. Apparently, dealers and rental companies do not track their cars, not even high end ones (privacy concerns?).

But.... as you pointed out, the possible perpetrators could not be aware of the above and simply presumed that dealers can track high end loaners at will. The car is then abandoned by the perpetrators.

Or, the car is abandoned after a potential "fence" identifies it as a loaner, then refuses to buy the car for fear of easy tracking.

Last edited:

Though various tracking systems do exist, they need to be actively installed and enabled by the dealer or rental car company. Apparently, dealers and rental companies do not track their cars, not even high end ones (privacy concerns?).

But.... as you pointed out, the possible perpetrator could not be aware of the above and simply presume that dealers can track high end loaners at will.

The car is then abandoned by the perpetrators. Or the car is abandoned after a potential "fence" identifies it as a loaner, then refuses to buy the car for fear of easy tracking.
I agree with you there, but unless they were planning to take Alan to various ATM’s I don’t understand why he’s gone. Carjackers don’t usually take the victim too..

But.... as you pointed out, the possible perpetrator could not be aware of the above and simply presume that dealers can track high end loaners at will.

The car is then abandoned by the perpetrators. Or the car is abandoned after a potential "fence" identifies it as a loaner, then refuses to buy the car for fear of easy tracking.
Rental companies often do track their cars. Dealers often don't track their loaners. Why?
A rental car company is renting to a "stranger". Yes they have a driver license and a credit card to know who the person is, but the person renting is somewhat of an unknown.
A dealer loaner is only going to a customer who has their car in for service. The dealer already knows the customer. Tracking the car in this case is an unnecessary cost.

One may be surprised that a dealer may not track their loaners with a GPS system. One would be surprised at how little security there really is when it comes to a dealer protecting their vehicle inventory.

Rental companies often do track their cars. Dealers often don't track their loaners. Why?
A rental car company is renting to a "stranger". Yes they have a driver license and a credit card to know who the person is, but the person renting is somewhat of an unknown.
A dealer loaner is only going to a customer who has their car in for service. The dealer already knows the customer. Tracking the car in this case is an unnecessary cost.

One may be surprised that a dealer may not track their loaners with a GPS system. One would be surprised at how little security there really is when it comes to a dealer protecting their vehicle inventory.
It’s possible even that it was known this was a dealer loaner. The description of the vehicle included a number 7 on the passengers side door, (I think it was passenger side) .

Or in the case this was someone known to Alan, they could easily have known it was a dealer loaner.

but unless they were planning to take Alan to various ATM’s I don’t understand why he’s gone. Carjackers don’t usually take the victim too..

That noted discrepancy can be over come with consideration of a "snow balling" type crime.

In this model, the perpetrator(s) have vague plans to commit a crime of some level. The level of crime, however, can suddenly escalate based a variety of circustances:

- Victims apparent wealth, influence of a more dominate group member, group members start to "feed off" each other violence wise.

- Victim resists or does not have the expected wealth on him, victim is from a social class (high income) that they don't like, victim does something to anger a member.

Once the crime starts to "snowball" for what ever reason, a very poorly planned escalation can occur. This can result in contradictory actions by the perpetrator(s), panic, very foggy risk /reward analysis, and taking actions very disproportionate to the true "need".

A good example of this is the tragic case of the murder of Nicholas Markowitz (depicted in the movie Alpha Dogs).

What started out as an impulsive attempt to strong arm / coerce the re-payment of a drug debt owed by a third party snowballed into kidnapping, then holding a hostage, then a panic driven murder at the orders of a dominate group member.

Last edited:
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White
On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

The Youth Operations Unit is in charge of the investigation. Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White. Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family. If anyone has any additional information regarding Mr. White, we ask that they contact the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations at 214-671-4268 or by email at missingpersons@dpd.dallascityhall.com.

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/1329878893801709574?s=19

Last edited:
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

The Youth Operations Unit is in charge of the investigation. Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White. Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family. If anyone has any additional information regarding Mr. White, we ask that they contact the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations at 214-671-4268 or by email at missingpersons@dpd.dallascityhall.com.

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/1329878893801709574?s=19
This is good that more information is out. Although, I’m sure it is quite upsetting to family. Thinking of you guys @thelastunicorn. Praying this leads to answers.

Hopefully this will put him on the NCIC as well.

https://dallaspolice.net/division/youthoperations/youthfamilysupport
  • Youth Operations Unit
  • Missing Persons Squad
  • First Offender Program
  • Family Violence Squad
  • Child Exploitation Squad
  • Internet Crimes Against Children Squad
  • Child Abuse Squad
  • School Liaison Squad

Police Department Enhances Youth Operations Investigative Efficiency
The Youth Operations Unit includes the Missing Persons Squad consisting of one sergeant and seven detectives. Prior to April 1, 2014 this was the only squad charged with investigating missing persons, critical missing persons and runaways. On April 1st, the squad was merged with the rest of the Youth Operations Unit creating a workforce of twenty detectives and four sergeants to investigate these missing person offenses, as well as offenses committed by or against juveniles.

The Dallas Police Department believes this change will provide more effective and efficient service to the citizens of Dallas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members